Concert lineups set for Verizon and W...

Concert lineups set for Verizon and White River Park

There are 27 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 23, 2007, titled Concert lineups set for Verizon and White River Park. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Verizon Wireless Music Center formally announced its 19th season of outdoor concerts today, but management wouldn't say if the 19th season is the final one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what

United States

#24 Apr 23, 2007
oh I forgot to mention - check www.pollstar.com for all acts that come through Indy, no matter which venue (big or small) that you prefer. If you "only" rely on the big venues for your summer concert pleasure, you are missing out bigtime.

All the fresh, new acts hit stages like the Music Mill a lot more often than Verizon Wireless or the Lawn at White River. It's a state-of-the-art facility with a capacity around 800.
James M

United States

#25 Apr 23, 2007
The only band worth seeing at either venue is Rush, the greatest technical band the world has ever known......but I ain't drivin' to Nobletucky to see them.
Mike

Spokane, WA

#26 Apr 23, 2007
James M wrote:
The only band worth seeing at either venue is Rush, the greatest technical band the world has ever known......but I ain't drivin' to Nobletucky to see them.
It's such a long way to see the greatest technical band ever.
George Rush Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Apr 23, 2007
James M wrote:
I will be there to see them, and would drive 200 miles if thats is what I had to do. No band can come close to these guys. If you need gas money, I will fork the bill. This will be 12 shoes for me, but I saw Roll the bones 2 times. If my math is correct, that makes 13. Rush Rocks
George Rush Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#28 Apr 23, 2007
Sorry about the above typing mistakes
Thank me later

Chicago, IL

#29 Apr 23, 2007
Snow Patrol @ WRSP. You want new, fresh band with a fantastic lead singer? See them. While I agree that the music scene in Indy is teh suck, if you snoop around (like pollstar) you can find stuff. Wifey and I drove to chicago last September to see Snow Patrol and it was one of the most amazing shows we've ever seen. And we've seen alot. Check out some Snow Patrol vids on Youtube, and you'll see they are much more than the hit "Chasing Cars".

Have fun at Buffet! LOL!
Stumpy

Indianapolis, IN

#30 Apr 25, 2007
If you want good, modern and/or independent shows, you need to support the ones that do come to Indy every so often. Were you at any of the Rock For Riley shows? They were all great. Many great bands have come through already this year. Check out exclusive in-studio sessions recorded in your own backyard here:
www.917weem.org/pages/audio_page_1.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ZZ Top Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ZZ Top Fans Facebook Group (Apr '17) Apr '17 No1ZZTopfan 1
News Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top spotted at Anderson Waf... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Rockkirby 2
News Spectacular Sounds of Spring: Chart-toppers pla... (Mar '17) Mar '17 ChartPhartss 1
News Billy Gibbons Lists His Favorite Albums (Sep '16) Sep '16 Huey Goins 2
News The 20 best Southern rock guitar solos of all-time (Aug '16) Aug '16 Rock 1
zz top international fan club (Mar '12) Jul '16 Rock kirby 14
News News / Just NowZZ Top pay tribute to 'father fi... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Rock kirby 1
More from around the web