Where's the hip-hop at Projekt Revolution? -

There are 11 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 16, 2007, titled Where's the hip-hop at Projekt Revolution? -. In it, Newsday reports that:

When Linkin Park launched the Projekt Revolution tour in 2002, the band itself still seemed somewhat revolutionary, an intriguing if uneasy blend of hard rock and leaden rap.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katherine

Mahwah, NJ

#1 Aug 16, 2007
PROJEKT REVOLUTION YESTERDAY WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE ROCKED!!!!!!! I WAS KIND OF DISSAPOINTED THAT I LEFT< AND THEN LINKIN PARK STARTED TO DO THEIR MOST POPULAR SONGS DURING THE ENCORE, BUT OTHERWISE IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!
Ban Everything

United States

#2 Aug 16, 2007
Gosh... you would think they would know how to spell "project" correctly.
Goober

Mineola, NY

#3 Aug 16, 2007
Rap and Hip hop suck. Can't whistle to it. There is no singing either.
JHC

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Aug 16, 2007
Just FYI...that is how they've spelled project for the tour...I gues trying to be clever with "Projekt"...:0)
FH Girl

New York, NY

#6 Aug 16, 2007
I'm glad there were no rap acts. This year it was about the ROCK!
Sara

Dover, NJ

#7 Aug 16, 2007
technically, Styles of Beyond were there, so the genre wasn't unrepresented. But I hate SoB anyway, so the rest was pretty good
Amanda L

Astoria, NY

#8 Aug 19, 2007
The concert was awsome, i've seen linkin park before at jones beach and this concert was one of if not the Best concert. There album Minuted to Midnight is a great album.
Kiv

Freeport, NY

#9 Aug 20, 2007
Terrible article. I was there, the crowd couldn't have been any louder in it's support and love on LP and every song they played.
Morgaine

Las Vegas, NM

#10 Aug 23, 2007
Definitely biased article. HIM is one of the premier bands in Europe with a huge following. I'm thankful they're finally getting more exposure here, though definitely could do without the hecklers who have turned up. MCR absolutely rocked too. Thank heavens for these bands. Rap is not music. It's an alternate form of expression in its own right, but don't try to sell it as music
Dere

Chicago, IL

#11 Aug 23, 2007
What a s.hit lineup for this concert

“ROCK OUT LOUD OR JUS DONT ROCK”

Since: Aug 07

Brooklyn

#12 Aug 24, 2007
Morgaine wrote:
Definitely biased article. HIM is one of the premier bands in Europe with a huge following. I'm thankful they're finally getting more exposure here, though definitely could do without the hecklers who have turned up. MCR absolutely rocked too. Thank heavens for these bands. Rap is not music. It's an alternate form of expression in its own right, but don't try to sell it as music
u can dance better to most rap and hip hop than rock music which makes it more musical than rock

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xzibit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Television and Hip Hop Platinum Artist Xzibit J... (Oct '14) Oct '14 BRANDY T 1
xzibit skoda comercial (Mar '13) Mar '13 johnyyy 1
News Rapper To Boycott U.S. Airline Over Police Dispute (Mar '13) Mar '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News The X-Files: I Want to Believe (Jan '13) Jan '13 Liubov 1
News A young rapper with explosive lyrics breaks tab... (Jul '12) Aug '12 MOMIN ANSARI 4
News Adil Omar, a young rapper with explosive lyrics... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Purple Pig 4
News Xzibit pimped my $500 Buick and I sold it for $... (May '11) May '11 getsilly 1
More from around the web