Marsalis surprises Vacaville

Marsalis surprises Vacaville

There are 4 comments on the The Reporter story from Sep 22, 2009, titled Marsalis surprises Vacaville. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Musician Wynton Marsalis plays with the band Lambazz at Borders in Vacaville on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

Jenny Howell

Vacaville, CA

#1 Sep 22, 2009
Vacaville is a place of majic!
Dixon Guy

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Sep 22, 2009
Fantastic! Really....he is a true gentleman and one heck of a citizen.... It sure would be nice to see others do the same....hummm what would the world be like if we all gave this way?
boethius

Sacramento, CA

#4 Sep 22, 2009
This is awesome. I saw Wynton Marsalis many years ago in Bakersfield of all places and he was just superb. It's great he took the time to pull off the road and play a few tunes.
Gregorie Johnson

Spring Hill, FL

#5 Sep 23, 2009
Hello Everyone,
My name is Greg Johnson (music name Gregorie Howard ) and I am a friend of Wynton Marsalis.I am including a link on Youtube that you nice people may enjoy.

In 2004 I was playing bugle for the Marine Corps here in central florida.One day I was on my way to a funeral and pulling off the road and overcome with grief for the sheer waste and horror of war,I wrote "United Marine".A patriotic message to the Marines to be delivered at their annual birthday ball.I called Wynton on my cell and asked him to narrate.He agreed and added some thoughts on his own.Both Wynton and myself do not like war and even though I have more than 2 Honorable discharges from the usmc,it really means I have a serious dislike for war.Marines must fight regardless of this view.Wynton has never spoken to me about his views and visa versa but his patriotism speaks by his actions.His dad,Ellis was a california Marine by the way. Greg Johnson
gregoriehoward.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wynton Marsalis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wynton Marsalis leads CBS tribute to Morley Safer (Sep '16) Sep '16 Laura B S 1
News Wynton Marsalis cancels Venezuela shows (Mar '15) Mar '15 loganclaws6 2
News Happy Birthday, Louis Armstrong, Legendary Jazz... (Feb '13) May '13 yessika 4
News Jazz: Pianist captures Porter prize | The Colum... (May '11) May '11 Mayorarnett 1
News Eric Clapton jams in jazz set with Wynton Marsalis (Apr '11) Apr '11 QsBlues 1
News Eric Clapton jams in jazz set with Wynton Marsalis (Apr '11) Apr '11 nakrul 3
News Celebrity birthdays on Oct. 18 (Oct '10) Oct '10 monica 1