Singer Wyclef Files to Run for Haiti'...

Singer Wyclef Files to Run for Haiti's Presidency

There are 18 comments on the ABC News story from Aug 5, 2010, titled Singer Wyclef Files to Run for Haiti's Presidency. In it, ABC News reports that:

Singer Wyclef Jean officially announced his bid to be president of Haiti to a roaring crowd of supporters on Thursday, thrusting himself into a contentious race to lead an impoverished country reeling from a devastating earthquake.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

acorn obama

Spring Hill, FL

#1 Aug 5, 2010
WE SHOULD KEEP THIS WYCLEF GUY HERE & SEND THEM PRESIDUNCE odumba & "i SPEND MILLIONS" michelle ... BUT I DON'T THINK HAITI WILL GO FOR THAT!
acorn obama

Spring Hill, FL

#2 Aug 5, 2010
WHO IS THIS WYCLEF GUY ANYWAY - NEVER heard of him!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 5, 2010
Well, he may not be much of a politician but he does have celebrity status and many wealthy friends that would I am sure help continue to build Haiti. He is not a shoo-in but I think his chances may be pretty good. Whoever wins, I pray that they get in there and make the country better.
hnv

Tacoma, WA

#4 Aug 6, 2010
I hope whoever will be President of Haiti is willing to rebuild the country and have the morals and values to prevent the corruptions and bribery that rampant in politics. However, I don't see Wyclef as a leader but just someone who is just running for the sake of a title and the money that will be offered to him.
Jeff Spicoli

Brookhaven, PA

#5 Aug 6, 2010
Sean Penn has been on the ground in Haiti since the earthquake. Vote for Sean Penn! He knows what is best for Haiti!! I am not insane!!
isnt qualified

Toronto, Canada

#6 Aug 6, 2010
Hip Hop is dying..

Career change ...it seems to run from paying IRS $2.1 million...

Good move..
XXX

Monessen, PA

#7 Aug 6, 2010
For all these years, I thought Wyclef Jean was the name of some crappy country singer. Don't ask me why.
Probably the most unqualified politician I've never heard of since Sarah Palin.

“Hmmm”

Since: Nov 07

Atlanta, GA

#9 Aug 9, 2010
"If I was President, I'd get elected on Friday, assasinated on Saturday, buried on Sunday."

-- Wyclef Jean, song,"If I was President"

Iminsane29

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10 Aug 10, 2010
DeepThinka nice pull. If he wins I am moving to Canada and getting my healthcare in Costa Rica.
Eddie xpanky

Satellite Provider

#12 Aug 10, 2010
Wat da hell are u all sayin are u guys crazy or somthing? Wyclef wants a change in his country and dat is exactly wat his fighting for save ur breath punk.

Iminsane29

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#13 Aug 10, 2010
And what exactly qualifies him to run a country. Has he held any political office? What does he know of foreign affairs? Debt management etc. These are all things you must know before entering a presidency. To win just because you are a music star is stupid.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14 Aug 11, 2010
Eddie xpanky wrote:
Wat da hell are u all sayin are u guys crazy or somthing? Wyclef wants a change in his country and dat is exactly wat his fighting for save ur breath punk.
Alot of people "want change" but that does not make them a good candidate for president.... especially if they have NO experience.

Look what we got stuck with!

“It's Obamacare Tax Time !”

Since: Dec 07

Woodland Hills, CA

#15 Aug 11, 2010
texasmiss2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Alot of people "want change" but that does not make them a good candidate for president.... especially if they have NO experience.
Look what we got stuck with!
Miss Texas...photo please

Location hidden

#16 Aug 11, 2010
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss Texas...photo please
Sorry, photos are not free. you have to join the fan club..lol
Lonesome

Pretoria, South Africa

#17 Aug 11, 2010
Hello fellow Haitians!

Im a lonely South African man in his mid 30's and would like to establish a permanent serious relationship with a Haitian woman preferably between the ages of 25-33 with not more than one child.

Im a non drinker, smoker and like a healthy lifestyle.

Any interested women are welcome to e-mail me with a recent photograph attached to the address to be provided soon to those interested.

Im looking forward to hear from the lovely women of Haiti as soon as possible

Lonesome

“It's Obamacare Tax Time !”

Since: Dec 07

Bethpage, NY

#18 Aug 11, 2010
texasmiss2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, photos are not free. you have to join the fan club..lol
yup, you're from Texas alright. I remember Morgan Fairchild....there, got my photo
Say the Truth

West Chester, PA

#19 Aug 11, 2010
What? An unqualified black man can be elected President of a country?

Never happen....

Location hidden

#20 Aug 11, 2010
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
yup, you're from Texas alright. I remember Morgan Fairchild....there, got my photo
ROFLMAO!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wyclef Jean Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Naughty Boy 'sad' this generation won't have a ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Suspicious 1
News This Week In Billboard Chart History: Lady Gaga... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Big mike 2
News Diddy, Lauryn Hill, 50 Cent Bid Farewell to Chr... (Sep '12) Jun '13 Epitaph 5
News Tonight: Wyclef Jean at Miami Dade College with... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Marie 2
News Pot, drug mentions barred at free Wyclef Jean C... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Marijuana rally in trouble at Colorado university (Apr '12) Apr '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Haiti's Wyclef Jean defends charity (Nov '11) Nov '11 peter the bear 1
More from around the web