Diddy, Lauryn Hill, 50 Cent Bid Farew...

Diddy, Lauryn Hill, 50 Cent Bid Farewell to Chris Lighty

There are 5 comments on the KRRQ-FM Lafayette story from Sep 6, 2012, titled Diddy, Lauryn Hill, 50 Cent Bid Farewell to Chris Lighty. In it, KRRQ-FM Lafayette reports that:

Some of the biggest names in hip-hop congregated at a Manhattan funeral home on Wednesday to say goodbye to Violator founder Chris Lighty , who reportedly shot himself in the head last week after what the New York Daily News describes as a heated argument with his estranged wife.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRRQ-FM Lafayette.

lockly

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Sep 6, 2012
Gods are fallible. These celebrities are America's new Gods. Well as the article shows these weak Gods are human. They are also weak, very weak. I question....many Americans state they are Christian yet support a party that is almost entirely anti-God. Why? Is it because you've replaced God so thoroughly with your celebrities that you think you no longer need your maker? Are you so brazen as to believe you will be forgiven for placing politics before God? Think hard before you vote. You will be held accountable.
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#2 Sep 8, 2012
Bye bye and good riddance! A good (c)rapper is a dead (c)rapper! I love happy endings! Another victory for western civilization!
Blazee

Hollywood, FL

#3 Jun 14, 2013
lockly wrote:
Gods are fallible. These celebrities are America's new Gods. Well as the article shows these weak Gods are human. They are also weak, very weak. I question....many Americans state they are Christian yet support a party that is almost entirely anti-God. Why? Is it because you've replaced God so thoroughly with your celebrities that you think you no longer need your maker? Are you so brazen as to believe you will be forgiven for placing politics before God? Think hard before you vote. You will be held accountable.
Excellent post! The celebrity comment is right on point.
Blazee

Hollywood, FL

#4 Jun 14, 2013
If we collectively do an analysis on the lyrical content of most rap you will find nothing but drug dealers on wax, prostitution advocates etc.
We have to look at the past to understand the current state of rap and hip-hop, the two are in perfect unison. Hip-Hop cannot exist without rap and vice versa. Let's be more conscious!

Since: May 13

Dillon, SC

#5 Jun 14, 2013
ummmmmm........maybe I missed it........but uhhhhhh.......WTF does the current state of rap and hiphop got to do with a dude blowing his brains out over personal issues, y'all over analeptic people pick ANY and EVERYTHING to ambush rap music with, yeah rap music is shitty at times, but dude blew his brains out over his divorce and other life issues he was going through, WTF does rapmusic got to do with it ?????????? atleast that's what I read the topic of this thread to be about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wyclef Jean Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Naughty Boy 'sad' this generation won't have a ... Apr '15 Suspicious 1
News This Week In Billboard Chart History: Lady Gaga... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Big mike 2
News Tonight: Wyclef Jean at Miami Dade College with... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Marie 2
News Pot, drug mentions barred at free Wyclef Jean C... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Marijuana rally in trouble at Colorado university (Apr '12) Apr '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Haiti's Wyclef Jean defends charity (Nov '11) Nov '11 peter the bear 1
News Hip hop talent agent linked to Tupac shooting a... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Stan and Kyle 1
More from around the web