Jean Seeks Dual Citizenship For Haitians

Jean Seeks Dual Citizenship For Haitians

There are 3 comments on the WFMZ story from Aug 14, 2010, titled Jean Seeks Dual Citizenship For Haitians. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Hip hop artist and presidential hopeful Wyclef Jean said Saturday that as leader he would work to change Haiti's constitution to allow dual citizenship and give many Haitians living abroad the right to vote in their homeland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Lehigh Valley

United States

#1 Aug 16, 2010
Why ?
Why do we continually want to give away our citizenship to peoples from other countries, when they do nothing to get it, or deserve it.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 Aug 16, 2010
I'm more interested in this part of the story.

"Jean himself left Haiti for New York City when he was nine, but never sought U.S. citizenship."

So all this time he's been getting rich from people in the United States? Does he pay taxes?

I am not interested in supporting more people who send money back to their homeland. Unless that homeland is this country.
ws w

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Aug 16, 2010
ATTENTION POSTERS

Beware of the lying liars and the lies they tell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wyclef Jean Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home is where his heart is (May '09) Jun '16 Chris333 2
News Wyclef Jean entertains Venetian guests to celeb... Jun '16 kelly 1
News Naughty Boy 'sad' this generation won't have a ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Suspicious 1
News This Week In Billboard Chart History: Lady Gaga... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Big mike 2
News Diddy, Lauryn Hill, 50 Cent Bid Farewell to Chr... (Sep '12) Jun '13 Epitaph 5
News Tonight: Wyclef Jean at Miami Dade College with... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Marie 2
News Pot, drug mentions barred at free Wyclef Jean C... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
More from around the web