Citizen Cletus

Citizen Cletus

There are 8 comments on the The Morning Call story from Sep 13, 2008, titled Citizen Cletus. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The priest stood in front of the children, some as young as 5, at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Bethlehem Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Izzie

Allentown, PA

#1 Sep 13, 2008
Father Cletus is a joy and an inspiration to those in the OLPH congregation. His wit and good humor are appreciated, but at the same time, he is a serious priest who will do whatever he can to help his fellow man. How proud we all should be that a man such as he chose to become a citizen.
mom

Allentown, PA

#5 Sep 13, 2008
Freedom fighters wrote:
This guy will be a televangalist driveing around in a cadi and lear jet in no time. Whatever hapened to the division of church and state ie first amendment. So the Jue feeds the christian a crumb now and then. And then to let him preach to a bunch of white catholics. Keep it up and their will be any white catholics in twenty tears. Go back to where you came from I'm sure they need more preaching to than a those whitebred school kids! LNAO
Your a jerk. You know nothing. Father Cletus is a wonderful priest and we all love him very much. Obviously you came from nothing and are going to stay there. How someone can twist this story around is appalling! You obviously have nothing else to do with your time.
luckyman

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Sep 13, 2008
This man is truly an outstanding individual that has endured more setbacks in his life than anyone can imagine. He is a wonderful example to all children and is loved and respected by many around the Lehigh Valley.

His commitment to Christ has never wavered in spite of many injustices and tribulations. He is to be commended for his service. In times of lying politicians, greedy corporations and dishonest inviduals, it is great to read a story like this!
jar

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Sep 13, 2008
Freedom fighters wrote:
This guy will be a televangalist driveing around in a cadi and lear jet in no time. Whatever hapened to the division of church and state ie first amendment. So the Jue feeds the christian a crumb now and then. And then to let him preach to a bunch of white catholics. Keep it up and their will be any white catholics in twenty tears. Go back to where you came from I'm sure they need more preaching to than a those whitebred school kids! LNAO
What is wrong with you, were you dropped on your head at birth. What freedom fighting our you suppose represent? I know I fought for my freedom and your freedom too write such garbage. I'll pray for your soul, and if you don't like it. Tell me were i can meet you and we can discuss this any why you would like. jar (U.S.M.C.)
reggie

Sparta, NJ

#8 Sep 13, 2008
So men like him and children like them could dine. Said like a true priest.
Izzie

Allentown, PA

#11 Sep 13, 2008
Folks, don't even respond to Freedom Fighters. He/She is obviously trying to push buttons and he/she really isn't worthy of a comment. Ignorance is bliss, so FF must be a really, really happy soul.
jar

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Sep 13, 2008
Freedom fighters wrote:
Look at the expresion on the kids faces like "wut first a bunch of peds now this like wut the heck is wrong with our parents and school administrators."
hA, HA jARHEAD. u DIDN'T FIGHT FOR ME YOU FOUGHT FOR THE jUE dUMBAZZ.
U KNOW HOW TO HIDE BEHIND A COMPUTER, CALLING PEOPLE NAMES. JUST LIKE COWARDS. ALL MOUTH AND NO BRAINS
What a crock

Allentown, PA

#14 Sep 13, 2008
Anyone who believes in that Jesus BS is an idiot. Virgin birth, walking on water, and all the other countless lies. What a bunch of fools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woody Guthrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Happy Birthday, Woody Guthrie, Folk Musician (Jul '09) Jul '17 paragonventures 4
News State says keep Woody Guthrie image off Oklahom... (Mar '17) Mar '17 projectedpast 1
News Did Gaga take swipe at Trump? (Feb '17) Feb '17 barry 1
I Need Your Help, Woody Fans (Feb '17) Feb '17 Dan 1
News Singer, 'Folksong Festival' host Oscar Brand di... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Oscar Brand Lives On 1
News The Latest: Sanders asks young voters to prove ... (May '16) May '16 Tea Bag Residue C... 5
News Community groups host candlelight vigil in hono... (Jan '15) Jan '15 markey da masshole 2
More from around the web