Can I get a Witness?

Full story: Jamaica Gleaner

I t is Sunday afternoon. Or any afternoon on any day of the week. You are at home.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2007

Judged:

Below partial excerpt from the oped:
("Repulsiveness

.......And what is it that they believe that is so repulsive that they should be repulsed with such regularity? On their website it says that 1914 marked the end of Gentile times and the beginning of Christ's millennium rule....and there will be a limited number in heaven, which is fine by me but bad news for those who want to fly free first class, drink milk and honey and have a big free laundromat in the sky for their white robes".....)
----------

Who are Jehovah's Witnesses? The devil is in their details.

They will extol and preach "God's Kingdom" and this sounds attractive,what they hide from you is their blasphemous Watchtower cult version that Jesus has already had his second coming in 1914 and is working "invisibly" through them.

Unlike in the case of Christians who are persecuted in other lands for talking about Jesus Christ, Jehovah's Witnesses are largely persecuted for following the teachings begun during the second presidency of the Watchtower, when Joseph F. Rutherford took over in a corporate flap and began changing doctrines quickly in the Watchtower belief system.

He claimed that "angels" directly conveyed truth to some of those in leadership. He coined the name Jehovah's Witnesses to make them stand out from being witnesses of Jesus, a typical evangelical expression (and a Biblical one).

Rutherford dumped holidays, birthdays and the 1874 date for the invisible return on Christ, and invented an earthly class of Witnesses, since only 144,000 can go to heaven in their teaching. The rest, meaning all 99.9% of Witnesses still alive, will live forever on a cleansed earth, under the rule of the Watchtower leaders in heaven, who will keep them in line by local elders known as 'Princes'.

If you have been witnessed to by Jehovah's Witnesses and you reject their message, you will likely die shortly at Armageddon with all the other non-Witnesses, since theirs is the only true religion, and (if they can live up to all the rules) they are the only ones to inhabit this new earth.

If you believe Witnesses seem rigid now, any non-conformist during the future cleansed earth will be directly destroyed by Jehovah. Even now a Witness will be disfellowshipped for any one of many gaffs, such as smoking, taking a blood transfusion, or even voting.

To even vocally question the teachings of the Watchtower will result in complete cutting off, with family and friends usually being forbidden to talk to them. The Watchtower is a truly Orwellian world.

Bangor Maine USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2007

Judged:

CONTINUED FROM ABOVE:

....By their own Yearbook accounts, Witnesses are shrinking in number in many Western countries as of the last three years, as the internet facilitates the spread of information (much of it critical of the Witnesses). Witnesses are cautioned against creating JW-related websites, largely to prevent their members from discovering the history and dirty laundry of this organization on other websites.(There are literally hundreds of former members pages in many languages.)

The Watchtower strives hard to control the flow of information to the individual Witness, and prefers that all instruction come through the magazines they carry door-to-door. Without this form of control, even as they themselves admit, they would believe just the same as other Bible believers.

My hope is that there will be a day in each of their lives when the Watchtower magazine is no longer needed, and they can go to college, vote for office, and contribute money and time to other, more vital causes in their community. More than likely they will then cease to be persecuted, except in a few societies more authoritarian than their own.

Danny Haszard Bangor Maine (expert witness on the Jehovah's witness)

(The 'religion' of Jehovah's Witnesses is a dangerous cult that controls every aspect of its members' lives.
Are they knocking on your door?)

To Watchtower defenders:

"Can I get a Witness" on the origins of the 1914 date this is pretty big that the JW say Jesus ALREADY had his second coming in 1914.

NMB

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2007

Judged:

"To Watchtower defenders:"Can I get a Witness" on the origins of the 1914 date this is pretty big that the JW say Jesus ALREADY had his second coming in 1914."

Execpt Jehovah's Witnesses do not teach that Jesus had his second 'coming' in 1914.

Without going into a lot of detail the greek word 'parousia' commonly translated as 'comong' carries the idea of presence.

See Marion Webster on line dictionary for the following:
"Parousia
One entry found.

Parousia

Main Entry: Parousia
Pronunciation:\ˌpr- -ˈs-ə, pə-ˈr-z- ə\
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek, literally, presence, from paront-, parn, present participle of pareinai to be present, from para-+ einai to be more at is
Date: 1844"

Bangor Maine USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2007

Judged:

NHB Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses representative say's:
"Execpt Jehovah's Witnesses do not teach that Jesus had his second 'coming' in 1914."
On their website it says that 1914 marked the end of Gentile times and the beginning of Christ's millennium rule
See folks this kind of twisted mealy-mouthing blasphemous deception is why Jehovah's Witnesses are so denounced as devious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2007

Judged:

Danny Haszard - the Watchtower Society's most feared nemesis:

To even vocally question the teachings of the Watchtower will result in complete cutting off, with family and friends usually being forbidden to talk to them. The Watchtower is a truly Orwellian world.

Setfree:

Not only will you be cut off from all contact with family and friends should you question the teachings of the Watchtower you will also be turned into bird seed when Armageddon arrives.

This is one of the most dangerous and destructive cults that has ever risen out of Satan's empire.
-Fishermanofmen-

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2007

Judged:

Can any Jehovah's Witness please tell me about the link provided on the top right of these forum pages called "Jehovah Has Become King" that has the following linked address, my question is about the picture on this site, look at the centre of the picture, What is the Goldish Triangle that is in the middle, what does it symbolise aswell.
http://www.jehovah-has-become-king.com/

I'm quite concerned with your beliefs...

Till He Comes...

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

-Fishermanofmen- wrote:
Can any Jehovah's Witness please tell me about the link provided on the top right of these forum pages called "Jehovah Has Become King" that has the following linked address, my question is about the picture on this site, look at the centre of the picture, What is the Goldish Triangle that is in the middle, what does it symbolise aswell.
Till He Comes...
Is this site a JW site ?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

-Fishermanofmen- wrote:
Till He Comes...
This is a book by a renown APOSTATE. He has set himself up as a PROPHET against the Watchtower.

He claims to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses who is on God's mission to announce the destruction of Jehovah's Witnesses.

He has re-interpreted many of the prophecies that talk about the destruction of Christendom so as to apply them to Jehovah's Witnesses.

He's a crank and his theology sucks lemons. And its a Swiss cheese to boot.

Moreover it does not stand up under inspection

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

CINDERS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this site a JW site ?
NO. It is an APOSTATE site, pretending to be a JW site to suck innocent little sheep in to their destruction.

Not recommended.
Pat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
NO. It is an APOSTATE site, pretending to be a JW site to suck innocent little sheep in to their destruction.
Not recommended.
AN Apostate site and your on it after you know full well that being here is not approved of by the WTS. IN FACT your breaking a very seriouis rule one that if you were a JW which your not , your could be disfellowshiped for . No true JW living according to the rules of their society would be on any such site yet you are openly breaking the rules of a society you say get direction right from God's own mouth . IF YOU WOULD DISOBEY under those circumstances why would anyone listen to you , you cannot be trusted even by your own organization .Well one you claim yet do not even belong to .People should know that your only a wannabee not an actual JW .The JW would not claim you , accept you or recognize you as your openly disobeying your leaders by being here . Notice he does not recommend anyone being here because it is so bad

BUT LOOK WHERE HE IS . THIS SHOULD BE A SIGN SOMETHING IS WRONG PEOPLE . BEWARE of posers pretending to be JW on these forums that is what 2 real ones told me .
dee

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not recommended.
ROFLMAO
He doesn't recommend but look who's here!!
Would you call him a hypocrite?
dee

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a book by a renown APOSTATE. He has set himself up as a PROPHET against the Watchtower.
He claims to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses who is on God's mission to announce the destruction of Jehovah's Witnesses.
He has re-interpreted many of the prophecies that talk about the destruction of Christendom so as to apply them to Jehovah's Witnesses.
He's a crank and his theology sucks lemons. And its a Swiss cheese to boot.
Moreover it does not stand up under inspection
It does not stand up under inspection? Does that mean you have read it or is it just dishing something you have not read ala typical WT instructions?
dee

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

CINDERS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this site a JW site ?
It is a site where you will learn about the truth of the WT that they don't want you to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Witness Discussions

Search the Witness Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Daily Planner: February 27 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jason Ford 1
It can happen here (Sep '09) Sep '09 HoodNedKelly 10
Inauguration A Witness to History (Jan '09) Jan '09 John Henter 75
Religion Calendar (Jan '09) Jan '09 Julia 1
GENERAL: Stony Plain Records Signs Joe Louis Wa... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Paul Shykora Art 2
Too much Christianity. Not enough tolerance (Jun '06) Sep '08 SDAdventist 9
EUGENE ROBINSON: Clarence Thomas, Witness for t... (Oct '07) Oct '07 Elder J Biggs Junior 13
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••