It can happen here

It can happen here

There are 10 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Sep 15, 2009, titled It can happen here. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." Fascism, I fear, is coming to America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

Marley

United States

#1 Sep 15, 2009
Nice try Vicki. When all your leftwing scams fail, play the race card and resort to name calling, inuendos, and lies. You are typical of the leftwing slime infesting this country. You might ask your patron, Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor, to put aside his hatred for white America. You are a racist, plain and simple.
Ely Sez

United States

#2 Sep 16, 2009
Vicky,you are absolutely right. I think most people are stunned by the level of insanity we are witnessing. Maybe that's why as of yet there has been no real push-back from the voices of reason.
But these mis-guided soul's don't really have anything to say except a bunch of un-intellegible gobbledeegoop as far as I can tell.
I try not to watch too much television because it's just too rediculous.
Vallejo Taxpayer

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2009
What a long winded left wing rant!!!
DC Wright

Vallejo, CA

#4 Sep 17, 2009
Vicki, I have a question for you: Where is the Constitutional authority for the government to be involved in health care in the first place? Since we have a Constitution which is the Supreme Law of the Land, and to which ALL legislation MUST conform, please point to me just where this sort of legislation is specifically allowed. Particularly as the Tenth Amendment to our Constitution clearly states that powers not specified to the central government (the Feds) nor prohibited by the Constitution to the States are reserved to the states and to the people. In other words, if you cannot find specific language authorizing FedGov to promote, regulate and provide health care and insurance (and there is NO such language; I know, I've sought in vain to find it), then it is ILLEGAL for the Feds to be involved.
Vicki, please go to each of your neighbors, PERSONALLY, and ask them if they are willing to pay as much as $1000.00 per year (and it might well be more) for YOUR medical needs. See what they have to say. I think you might just be surprised at how "unChristian" they sound to you, though Christianity is not and never was about talking money by force through government to fund YOUR visions of "charity." In fact, the Apostle Paul said that he who would not work, let him not eat, that is, if you do not work and produce something to contribute, you have NO CALL on your neighbors (or strangers) to care for you at the point of the Government's guns.
So, if you are a Christian, please go re-read your Bible and see what God actually SAYS, not what your "feel good" sentimentality thinks He SHOULD have said.
The ONLY medical care that FedGov can ever justify is that provided to our servicepeople, veterans and military retirees. This is CLEARLY covered under the Federal Constitutional MANDATE to provide for the creation and maintenance of our armed services. Nothing else meets the Constitutional requirements under the Tenth Amendment.
DC Wright

Vallejo, CA

#5 Sep 17, 2009
Ely Sez wrote:
Vicky,you are absolutely right. I think most people are stunned by the level of insanity we are witnessing. Maybe that's why as of yet there has been no real push-back from the voices of reason.
But these mis-guided soul's don't really have anything to say except a bunch of un-intellegible gobbledeegoop as far as I can tell.
I try not to watch too much television because it's just too rediculous.
The voices of reason ARE pushing back, in case you hadn't noticed. That is why Vicki's all upset. The voices of REASON are asking WHY we want the Federal government, which is not authorized by the Constitution to be in the health care arena to begin with, should be allowed to control so completely ONE SIXTH of the American economy with the same matchless efficiency as it runs the Post Office, AmTrack, even law enforcement. So far as we can see, FedGov is in the pocket of the Unions, big finance, the radical Left and so forth, with NO CONCERN left over for We, the People, who are supposed to be their employers, within the very NARROW constraints of the Constitution, narrow with respect to the power authorized for the Government to use.

I will ask you the same question I asked Vicki: Are YOU willing to go to each of YOUR neighbors personally and ask them at gunpoint to pony up as much as $1000.00 a year for YOUR health care? If not, why not? Don't YOU have the legitimate authority to do that? No, of course you don't and you know it. So why would you want GOVERNMENT to act in such an UNETHICAL way in your name? Legitimately, of course, it cannot. But people such as you and Vicki seem to be don't care about that. You want what you want, no matter the cost to OTHERS that you neither know nor care about... which includes each and every one of your neighbors. Mull THAT over.

Since: Jun 09

Walnut Creek, CA

#6 Sep 17, 2009
DC Wright wrote:
<quoted text>
The voices of reason ARE pushing back, in case you hadn't noticed. That is why Vicki's all upset. The voices of REASON are asking WHY we want the Federal government, which is not authorized by the Constitution to be in the health care arena to begin with, should be allowed to control so completely ONE SIXTH of the American economy with the same matchless efficiency as it runs the Post Office, AmTrack, even law enforcement. So far as we can see, FedGov is in the pocket of the Unions, big finance, the radical Left and so forth, with NO CONCERN left over for We, the People, who are supposed to be their employers, within the very NARROW constraints of the Constitution, narrow with respect to the power authorized for the Government to use.
I will ask you the same question I asked Vicki: Are YOU willing to go to each of YOUR neighbors personally and ask them at gunpoint to pony up as much as $1000.00 a year for YOUR health care? If not, why not? Don't YOU have the legitimate authority to do that? No, of course you don't and you know it. So why would you want GOVERNMENT to act in such an UNETHICAL way in your name? Legitimately, of course, it cannot. But people such as you and Vicki seem to be don't care about that. You want what you want, no matter the cost to OTHERS that you neither know nor care about... which includes each and every one of your neighbors. Mull THAT over.
Does this mean the Government should stop MediCare as well?
Max

Fairfield, CA

#7 Sep 17, 2009
DC Wright wrote:
Vicki, I have a question for you: Where is the Constitutional authority for the government to be involved in health care in the first place? Since we have a Constitution which is the Supreme Law of the Land, and to which ALL legislation MUST conform, please point to me just where this sort of legislation is specifically allowed. Particularly as the Tenth Amendment to our Constitution clearly states that powers not specified to the central government (the Feds) nor prohibited by the Constitution to the States are reserved to the states and to the people. In other words, if you cannot find specific language authorizing FedGov to promote, regulate and provide health care and insurance (and there is NO such language; I know, I've sought in vain to find it), then it is ILLEGAL for the Feds to be involved.
Vicki, please go to each of your neighbors, PERSONALLY, and ask them if they are willing to pay as much as $1000.00 per year (and it might well be more) for YOUR medical needs. See what they have to say. I think you might just be surprised at how "unChristian" they sound to you, though Christianity is not and never was about talking money by force through government to fund YOUR visions of "charity." In fact, the Apostle Paul said that he who would not work, let him not eat, that is, if you do not work and produce something to contribute, you have NO CALL on your neighbors (or strangers) to care for you at the point of the Government's guns.
So, if you are a Christian, please go re-read your Bible and see what God actually SAYS, not what your "feel good" sentimentality thinks He SHOULD have said.
The ONLY medical care that FedGov can ever justify is that provided to our servicepeople, veterans and military retirees. This is CLEARLY covered under the Federal Constitutional MANDATE to provide for the creation and maintenance of our armed services. Nothing else meets the Constitutional requirements under the Tenth Amendment.
Section 8 of the Constitution: "The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States."

I think the health of the people of the United States would rightly be considered general welfare.

Great letter Vicki, thank you.
Max

Fairfield, CA

#8 Sep 17, 2009
DC Wright wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not reason:
Max

Fairfield, CA

#9 Sep 17, 2009
Let's talk about this in another way. The main points of the health bill are: 1. Individuals cannot be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions. 2. Mandates for people to have insurance. 3. A "public option" and/or subsidies for people who can't afford insurance.

People are mostly upset about 3 because they think it's a government intrusion into health care. Actually it's more of an intrustion into health INSURANCE. What does a health insurance company do anyway? I get my health care from doctors at a hospital, not insurance salesmen in an office building. Insurance overhead is a major contributer to rising health care costs, we shouldn't have to pay for middle men which provide nothing but create wealth for their share holders. Doctors should get paid, hospitals should make money, but health insurance companies? When has a health insurance company made a sick person well? If the govt can do the job of health insurance companies cheaper, and provide a competitivly priced option, that's good for the American people, and by good i mean good for our pocket books.
HoodNedKelly

Washington, DC

#13 Sep 24, 2009
Vicki, I will say it again, and with pride, that I will proudly carry both that cross and gun! You claim to be a Christian, yet your chosen life style goes against the almighty. Doesn’t that bother you? And your politics, omg! The Godless left infests the democrat party of diced and sliced unborn children, and you claim to be a follower of Jesus? Check your head sister, check your head!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Germany's Refugee Crisis a Muslim Mission Fi... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Zylon B 2
News How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... (Nov '14) Sep '15 Maravilla 1,362
News McGregor Baptist Church in Fort Myers will host... (May '14) May '14 STD free 1
News Daily Planner: February 27 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jason Ford 1
News Inauguration A Witness to History (Jan '09) Jan '09 John Henter 75
News Religion Calendar (Jan '09) Jan '09 Julia 1
News GENERAL: Stony Plain Records Signs Joe Louis Wa... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Paul Shykora Art 2
More from around the web