Mexican economy boosts El Paso busine...

Mexican economy boosts El Paso businesses

There are 39 comments on the El Paso Times story from Mar 19, 2011, titled Mexican economy boosts El Paso businesses. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The Eagle Brass metals plant on Rojas Drive is small but growing in leaps and bounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BillCunnane

Coudersport, PA

#1 Mar 20, 2011
Its good to see growth of a company. I just hope that ICE does a full audit on every employee there to make sure each one is a LEGAL CITIZEN of this country.
soso

El Paso, TX

#2 Mar 20, 2011
BillCunnane wrote:
Its good to see growth of a company. I just hope that ICE does a full audit on every employee there to make sure each one is a LEGAL CITIZEN of this country.
Otra vez con lo mismo. Be thankfull that the law enforcemnt community "drops the ball" once in a while, otherwise your whole family, grandfather, father, etc. etc. would have been deported. No better yet, I hope they do their job well, because their kids are allrady citizens of this country, so if left alone, you will be supporting them.
ATTE: Un paisano tuyo.
Straight-up

El Paso, TX

#3 Mar 20, 2011
Banks in Mexico have more capital, there is more economic activity and more jobs. All good news for Mexico -- and for border cities like El Paso.

Now if this was true, "La Red" would not exist in El Paso, don't you think? Who do you thnk you're kidding???????
Arnold

El Paso, TX

#4 Mar 20, 2011
So that's why the Government is allowing illegals to be in the U.S without proper documentation. So that they can further "boost" the economy. Laws are still laws and illegal still means illegal. Which part do you not understand? Please go back to Mexico, illegals, and stop mooching off El Paso taxpayers!
upsetguy

United States

#5 Mar 20, 2011
More high grade horse dung from EP times.

All the corruption and under-handed back-room deals are what's "boosting" our economy.

Businesses here don't pay taxes, they hire illegals from Juarez by the bus-load, and when the business fails, they run back over to Juarez. They usually take out every loan in the book and they never intend on paying them (Tax-payer i.e. us!) back.

Yeah what's boosting our economy is the American tax-payer money being used to fund these illegal business and illegal workforce.

It's all one giant drug trafficing scam.
Family Values

El Paso, TX

#6 Mar 20, 2011
soso wrote:
<quoted text>
because their kids are allrady citizens of this country, so if left alone, you will be supporting them.
This insinuates that the deported illegal alien parents would just abandon their kids up here. Where are the family values that we keep hearing about?
ima

United States

#7 Mar 20, 2011
soso wrote:
<quoted text>
Otra vez con lo mismo. Be thankfull that the law enforcemnt community "drops the ball" once in a while, otherwise your whole family, grandfather, father, etc. etc. would have been deported. No better yet, I hope they do their job well, because their kids are allrady citizens of this country, so if left alone, you will be supporting them.
AND SO WILL YOUR TAXES!!!!If you don't like doing things by the laws, LEAVE SONSO! Obviously your worried about YOUR FAMILY.
Puti

El Paso, TX

#8 Mar 20, 2011
Arnold wrote:
So that's why the Government is allowing illegals to be in the U.S without proper documentation. So that they can further "boost" the economy. Laws are still laws and illegal still means illegal. Which part do you not understand? Please go back to Mexico, illegals, and stop mooching off El Paso taxpayers!
Go back to Europe, loser!!!!!!!!!! By the way, I know who you are, and you are breaking the LAW, YOU STUPID LOSER!
Puti

El Paso, TX

#9 Mar 20, 2011
BillCunnane wrote:
Are your cow legal?
Gov Cheese

El Paso, TX

#10 Mar 20, 2011
soso wrote:
<quoted text>
Callate tu fundillo pinche voca de mierda. You can shove that pseudo sanctimonious BS crap up your mamas culo you freaking pocho
Texan Lady

El Paso, TX

#11 Mar 20, 2011
It is too bad when goverment behavior is on a Jr High level. They need to learn to keep their ideas to themselves and know anything in print or voice could be heard by the wrong person. I guess we as humans mever grow up in this area. I am guilty at times too! Learn to keep you mouth shut I say.
Puti

El Paso, TX

#12 Mar 20, 2011
Sorry, Cows!!!
Arnold

El Paso, TX

#13 Mar 20, 2011
Puti wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to Europe, loser!!!!!!!!!! By the way, I know who you are, and you are breaking the LAW, YOU STUPID LOSER!
Another bully trying to justify being in the U.S. illegally. I'm not afraid of you. 18 million illegals are breaking the laws of the U.S. by being in country illegally, as taxpayers fund their existence. This is wrong.
tiro

El Paso, TX

#14 Mar 20, 2011
ima wrote:
<quoted text> AND SO WILL YOUR TAXES!!!!If you don't like doing things by the laws, LEAVE SONSO! Obviously your worried about YOUR FAMILY.
que dijiste? Why would i leave? to where would i leave? I am not an illegal immigrant like all your family. PAISANA. Just come out and let us know why are you so sore. Is it because a mexican broke your heart?
seabass

Fort Myers, FL

#17 Mar 20, 2011
drug profits go a long way. It's called diversifying your portfolio
fat bear

United States

#18 Mar 20, 2011
beer,ammo,pointy boots,home safes and auto insurance
Ashamed

El Paso, TX

#19 Mar 20, 2011
Reading your comments in this and other posts just tells me how clueless on every subject you (almost) all are. You ignore the very basic principles of international economy, international and local politics and even of grammar.

I don't understand how the 80% of El Pasoans, who are of hispanic descent, feel so superior and different from those "illegals" you talk so much about. Check you family trees for Christ's sake! Most of your parents or grandparents came here ILLEGALLY lookin for better opportunities. What is the difference from the new immigrants and you all? Were they late to the party and should not be allowed in? Who are you kidding? You look very ridiculous.

Also, enough with the Mexico bashing. You all know very well that a great deal of the problem happening on the other side of the border is fueled by drug consumption in the US and the huge amount of guns and cash south. Was there corruption in Mexico before this? Yes is there corruption here as well? Of course, the fact that the EPPD won't accept 20 dollars to let you go doesn't mean that there isn't corruption much higher in the ladder (very recent example: Columbus)

Open your eyes and shut your mouth, your ignorance is showing.
Arnold

El Paso, TX

#20 Mar 21, 2011
Many Americans have contempt for the 18 million Mexican Nationals who are in the U.S. illegally:

http://www.personalliberty.com/conservative-p...
Arnold

El Paso, TX

#21 Mar 21, 2011
The dark side of illegal immigration:

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/the_costs_of_i...

It has nothing to do with racism, but everything to do with keeping Americans safe.
Arnold

El Paso, TX

#22 Mar 21, 2011
Itemized statement as to the financial burden placed on the U.S by illegals.

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Buffett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buffett Chides College for Not Cutting Tuition ... (May '16) Apr 15 kapo klavan 4
News Warren Buffett is the face of Cherry Coke in China Apr 6 andet1987 4
News China's top bus firm to shy away from North Ame... Mar '17 Ronald 1
News Warren Buffett sticks to business, avoids polit... Mar '17 USS LIBERTY 3
News Warren Buffett: Will judge Trump by results but... Mar '17 tomin cali 1
News Apple's iPhone may be mature, but it's still be... Mar '17 Hate Apple 1
News Warren Buffett Knows Something About Walmart Feb '17 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
More from around the web