Obama in Florida pressing for 'Buffet...

Obama in Florida pressing for 'Buffett rule'

There are 110 comments on the The Wichita Eagle story from Apr 10, 2012, titled Obama in Florida pressing for 'Buffett rule'. In it, The Wichita Eagle reports that:

President Barack Obama blows the whistle to start the annual Easter Egg Roll on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Monday, April 9, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wichita Eagle.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#104 Apr 16, 2012
M Pearce wrote:
<quoted text>
Is USA today lying about that?
More likely you read it wrong. I have been a public school teacher for over 30 years. I know a lot of teachers as well. We pay income taxes just like everybody else.
Davy

Cerrillos, NM

#105 Apr 16, 2012
Thanks!
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure have them all going, don't you? LOL!!
You rock!!! Thanks!!

“Orwell said this would happen.”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#106 Apr 16, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
More likely you read it wrong. I have been a public school teacher for over 30 years. I know a lot of teachers as well. We pay income taxes just like everybody else.
Here's a quote taken directly from the story: "A family like the Obama's — with two children under age 17 — would actually have received a $37 tax refund in 2010 on income of $50,000, thanks largely to the $1,000 per child tax credit and Obama's $800 "Making Work Pay" tax credit. Those are our calculations, which we confirmed with Nick Kasprak, an analyst at the Tax Foundation." Please point out the error in my reading comprehension.

“have seen the years,”

#107 Apr 16, 2012
M Pearce wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a quote taken directly from the story: "A family like the Obama's — with two children under age 17 — would actually have received a $37 tax refund in 2010 on income of $50,000, thanks largely to the $1,000 per child tax credit and Obama's $800 "Making Work Pay" tax credit. Those are our calculations, which we confirmed with Nick Kasprak, an analyst at the Tax Foundation." Please point out the error in my reading comprehension.
Okay, genius, neither one of the credits you quoted has anything to do with income tax. Everyone pays federal income tax. DUH!

“have seen the years,”

#108 Apr 16, 2012
M Pearce wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought. Read it again. Maybe3 you'll understand it better the second time around. LOL!!

Location hidden

#109 Apr 16, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, genius, neither one of the credits you quoted has anything to do with income tax. Everyone pays federal income tax. DUH!
We're talking about federal income taxes. Here's another quote from the story: "A single taxpayer with $50,000 of income would have paid 11.9% in federal income taxes for 2010, while the Obamas paid more than twice that rate — 25.3%(and higher rates than that in 2009 and 2008). And if the $50,000-a-year teacher were in Obama's tax situation — supporting a spouse and two children — he or she would have paid no federal income taxes at all."

According to that story, someone supporting a spouse and two kids on $50,000 a year would have paid no federal income tax at all.

Are you confusing federal income tax with the FICA payroll tax?

Location hidden

#110 Apr 16, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
M Pearce wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Just as I thought. Read it again. Maybe3 you'll understand it better the second time around. LOL!!
I read it again and it still says "And if the $50,000-a-year teacher were in Obama's tax situation — supporting a spouse and two children — he or she would have paid no federal income taxes at all."

Of course, that teacher would have paid FICA payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare, but this sure seems to clearly state that they wouldn't have paid any income tax.
Star Spangled Banner

Indianapolis, IN

#111 Apr 17, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. If at the end of the year you get a tax refund that equals or exceeds your income taxes during the year then you did not pay income taxes. The fact is that the majority of Americans do not pay income taxes.
Davy

Cerrillos, NM

#112 Apr 17, 2012
That includes Mitt Romney.
Star Spangled Banner wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. If at the end of the year you get a tax refund that equals or exceeds your income taxes during the year then you did not pay income taxes. The fact is that the majority of Americans do not pay income taxes.

Location hidden

#113 Apr 17, 2012
Davy wrote:
That includes Mitt Romney.
<quoted text>
According to his return, Mitt paid $3,226,623 in federal income tax in 2011. I don't know about you, but I know that's a lot more than I paid.

http://www.mittromney.com/learn/mitt/tax-retu...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Buffett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warren Buffett's NV Energy Is Losing Customers ... May 29 Solarman 1
News Buffett, Green Groups Set To Battle It Out Over... May '16 Solarman 1
News Buffett Chides College for Not Cutting Tuition ... May '16 BDS the ziotards 1
News Warren Buffett's 5 Highest-Yielding Dividend St... (May '15) Apr '16 APARTHEID bankrupt 2
News Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers headline 2016 ... Apr '16 Three Days 1
News Warren Buffett Admits Renewable Energy Is Big T... Mar '16 Solarman 1
News Buffett: Politicians way too negative about U.S. Mar '16 Go Blue Forever 34
More from around the web