Obama in Florida pressing for 'Buffett rule'

Apr 10, 2012 Full story: The Wichita Eagle 110

President Barack Obama blows the whistle to start the annual Easter Egg Roll on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Monday, April 9, 2012.

Full Story
Star Spangled Banner

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Apr 10, 2012
davy wrote:
Another barely coherent republicunt telling lies.
<quoted text>
OMG, another stupid liberal who has never had a company much like our stupid president.Dear, moron all states have an unemployment insurance fund that all employers must pay into. Due to the stupidity of our govt. in giving long term handouts to the lazy unemployed the funds are bankrupt and the feds are loaning states the money for the funds. The states in turn increase the percentage of what an employer must pay into this bottomless pit unemployment fund to just pay the interest to the feds. I hope your pee brain can comprehend this. If not i do not care since you are a loser anyway.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#22 Apr 10, 2012
Star Spangled Banner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, we already do moron. We who have companies,pay a bigger dollar/% increase into the unemployment funds on the state level for all the losers not working and this clueless federal govt. extending out to almost 2 years lazy person unemployment benefits
Maybe you should post before the second twelvepack.
marine wantabee patty

Radford, VA

#23 Apr 10, 2012
yea buffett pays capitol gains taxes not income taxs. so it's just another play on words from demorats to raise taxes that wont help spending but sure sounds good to all the free check people
Gravediggers

United States

#24 Apr 10, 2012
TWENTY FIVE SECRET SERVICE AGENTS accompanied Malia Obama, elder daughter of the President on her SPRING BREAK VACATION in MEXICO!

You would THINK she'd spend her time here in the USA doing Community Service, but NO, Americans have to fund the trip with TWENTY FIVE SECRET SERVICE AGENTS ACCOMPANYING HER.

That's the waste facing America, as long as Obama is President.

Instead of saying, NO, you can't go. Let's find another spot to visit. They allowed her to go with those 25 agents at OUR expense!

WHAT OTHER PRESIDENT'S DAUGHTER CAUSED THE COUNTRY TO FUND 25 SECRET SERVICE AGENTS ON HER SPRING BREAK VACATION TO MEXICO!

“Orwell said this would happen.”

Location hidden

#25 Apr 10, 2012
From the article: "Republicans have noted that Obama's proposal would collect $47 billion through 2022, a small amount compared with the $7 trillion in federal budget deficits projected during that period."

Just useless pandering and rabble rousing that won't do much to help reduce the deficit.
bailout my duck

Streamwood, IL

#26 Apr 10, 2012
somebody should press the soft spot on barrys head
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#27 Apr 10, 2012
Less workers employed means lower unemployment tax for employers. The tax is based on the number of workers. I know you republicunts hate the truth.
<quoted text>
OMG, another stupid liberal who has never had a company much like our stupid president.Dear, moron all states have an unemployment insurance fund that all employers must pay into. Due to the stupidity of our govt. in giving long term handouts to the lazy unemployed the funds are bankrupt and the feds are loaning states the money for the funds. The states in turn increase the percentage of what an employer must pay into this bottomless pit unemployment fund to just pay the interest to the feds. I hope your pee brain can comprehend this. If not i do not care since you are a loser anyway.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#28 Apr 10, 2012
Since my taxes alone aren't enough to pay off the federal debt can I have a 15% rate too? What a stupid comment. Another self-loathing republicunt.
M Pearce wrote:
From the article: "Republicans have noted that Obama's proposal would collect $47 billion through 2022, a small amount compared with the $7 trillion in federal budget deficits projected during that period."
Just useless pandering and rabble rousing that won't do much to help reduce the deficit.
yellow snow bunny

Virginia Beach, VA

#29 Apr 10, 2012
davy wrote:
Since my taxes alone aren't enough to pay off the federal debt can I have a 15% rate too? <quoted text>
Sure you can, just make sure your income comes from capital gains.
Telmark

Chico, CA

#30 Apr 10, 2012
WDRussell wrote:
The top tier tax rate and the corporate tax rate should be tied to the unemployment rate.
Start with a base of about 6%.
If it is higher their taxes go up, if it is lower their taxes go down.
Then the job creators will have to put up or shut up.
No, then the job creators will "put up, shut up, or pack up".

I'll let you figure out the answer...

The truth is that businesses and "job creators" have been moving out of the United States for decades now due, in large part, to high U.S. tax rates. And there's really no reason for them to stop moving off-shore with all the Democratic talk about raising taxes.

But then again, most liberal Democrat politicians and straight ticket Dem voters aren't worried about silly things like creating jobs and reducing unemployment. Many of these people thrive on completely out-of-control public sector salary/pensions and public assistance.

Btw, does any liberal Dem in here find it "convenient" that WB started spewing his "Buffet rule" hypocrisy just a few years after he hid much of his wealth in a low, or no, tax off-shore fund?

Let's also keep in mind that nobody but WB is to blame for the tax write-offs that he's been taking full advantage of since he was a kid with a newspaper route.

Star Spangled Banner

Indianapolis, IN

#31 Apr 10, 2012
davy wrote:
Less workers employed means lower unemployment tax for employers. The tax is based on the number of workers. I know you republicunts hate the truth.
<quoted text>
WTF, you are so stupid. No moron, the higher the number of unemployed means your unemployment contribution goes up to pay for those unemployed. What you posted doesnt even make sense. Here are some articles if your stupid liberal do nothing mind can comprehend:
http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/27673....
http://www.stateline.org/live/details/story...

“Orwell said this would happen.”

Location hidden

#32 Apr 10, 2012
davy wrote:
Since my taxes alone aren't enough to pay off the federal debt can I have a 15% rate too? What a stupid comment. Another self-loathing republicunt.
<quoted text>
No need to resort to name calling. Can you explain to me how making the rich pay what amounts to an additional drop in the bucket will help any of us, other than satisfying a collective need to win a battle in the class war?

Your taxes probably aren't enough to pay the projected deficits. My taxes sure aren't enough to pay the projected deficits. No one's taxes are enough to pay the projected deficits, that's why deficits are projected. Maybe that is just indicative of excessive spending, disproportionate of potential tax revenue, and has nothing to do with any self-loathing you wish to project on me?
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#33 Apr 10, 2012
Another self loathing republicunt.
yellow snow bunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you can, just make sure your income comes from capital gains.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#34 Apr 10, 2012
People making a million dollars a year shouldn't have a tax rate lower than someone making less than 50k. If you don't see that you are an idiot. That isn't class warfare. If it is then the millionaires have won the war. Do you feel like a scumbag because you don't make a million per year? You sound like you do.
M Pearce wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to resort to name calling. Can you explain to me how making the rich pay what amounts to an additional drop in the bucket will help any of us, other than satisfying a collective need to win a battle in the class war?
Your taxes probably aren't enough to pay the projected deficits. My taxes sure aren't enough to pay the projected deficits. No one's taxes are enough to pay the projected deficits, that's why deficits are projected. Maybe that is just indicative of excessive spending, disproportionate of potential tax revenue, and has nothing to do with any self-loathing you wish to project on me?

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#35 Apr 10, 2012
davy wrote:
<quoted text>
M Pearce wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to resort to name calling.
Oh, I don't know, I love the term "republicunt"! It fits so well from a descriptive standpoint. Perfect! Right on target!
You rock, davy!!
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#36 Apr 10, 2012
I suspect that like most republicunts you don't read real good.
<quoted text>
WTF, you are so stupid. No moron, the higher the number of unemployed means your unemployment contribution goes up to pay for those unemployed. What you posted doesnt even make sense. Here are some articles if your stupid liberal do nothing mind can comprehend:
http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/27673....
http://www.stateline.org/live/details/story...

Placitas, NM

#37 Apr 10, 2012
<quoted text>
LMAO, this country was founded by successful, rich guys. It took successful smart rich guys industrial companies to win the ww2. Also Fairness? Life is not fair , so get over it. This is almost as bad as not having kids keep score in sports anymore. Life is about winners and losers, it is part of being human.
You don't know your history worth a DAMN! The rich, successful guys who founded this country were the Tories (corporatists). And the rest of your post is just as wrong as that first IGNORANT statement.

"Of course there were very, very rich people in America at the time of the Revolution - but they were not the ones taking part in the Constitutional Convention.

In fact - all of the truly rich people here in the 1760s fled this new nation during the Revolution - they went up to Canada or back to Britain.

There wasn't a millionaire - in today's dollars - living in the United States until the 1790's - a generation after the Revolution.

George Washington was one of the richest of the founders - but as Kevin Phillips points out in his book - "Wealth and Democracy":

George Washington...was no more than a wealthy squire in British terms.

In terms of lifestyle, assets, and disposable income - the Founders were upper-middle class at best.

Heck - toward the end of his life - Washington didn't have enough money to buy the slaves his wife inherited so that he could set them free, which he genuinely wanted to do.

And Jefferson died in bankruptcy.

Placitas, NM

#38 Apr 10, 2012
Sorry - forgot the link to "professor' Hartmann's lecture. Contains the video.

http://www.thomhartmann.com/blog/2012/01/tran...
yellow snow bunny

Virginia Beach, VA

#40 Apr 10, 2012
davy wrote:
Another self loathing republicunt.
<quoted text>
How so? You wanted a 15% tax rate and I told you how to get it.

Placitas, NM

#41 Apr 10, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
And then he heads to fundraising venues.
In order for the American people to pick up his tab, Obama must first make an 'official' visit, then he spends his time fundraising and we STILL pick up that travel tab....
No DAMN difference between the policies that govern President Obama's travel costs and those of Dubya's and Clinton before him. Governed by Allocation of travel expenditures. Code of Federal Regulations - Title 11.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Buffett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ronnie Chan Chichung's donations to university,... Sep 16 Paul Dornian 1
Top 9 Vacation Destinations For Wall Street Geeks Sep 12 Mostafa 1
Will the Prez Call Out...The Oracle? Sep 4 Burger King 5
Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest Aug 26 Robert Burns 1
Praxair: The Value Of Pricing Power Aug '14 art 1
Hetty Green's ways similar to Buffett's (Aug '12) Jul '14 SLIF 7
Billionaires call on Congress to 'roll out the ... Jul '14 Amigo 24
•••
•••

Warren Buffett People Search