40 wealthy families pledge to donate ...

40 wealthy families pledge to donate their money

There are 11 comments on the LA Daily News story from Aug 4, 2010, titled 40 wealthy families pledge to donate their money. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Forty wealthy families and individuals have joined Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates and billionaire investor Warren Buffett in a pledge to give at least half their wealth to charity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Do you Question Me

Mission Hills, CA

#1 Aug 4, 2010
I sure their kids like what their parents are doing.
Maxeemas

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Aug 4, 2010
I wish I could get little of that money it will help a lot and make a difference in my life and my family life.

I just dont understand how it will be donated to charity!! can charity donate some of that mopney to me and my family! that will be a day1
freeloader

Reseda, CA

#3 Aug 4, 2010
Maxeemas wrote:
I wish I could get little of that money it will help a lot and make a difference in my life and my family life.
I just dont understand how it will be donated to charity!! can charity donate some of that mopney to me and my family! that will be a day1
Yeah Maxeemas, just sit on your a@@ and wait to get the check in the mail. Get a job you lazy bum!
cali

Sun Valley, CA

#4 Aug 4, 2010
This is a brilliant idea to give their money away to charities, but i fear that the poor and needy will never recieve anything, once it enters the abyss of the bureaucracy.
Many chartible foundations say that they are suffering as a result of the budget crisis, but I don't think it ever dawned on them that they need to make paycuts in their salaries. When you work for a Non-Profit you should not make a six figure salary; you are just designating where and how your charatible contributions are distributed.
Maxeemas

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Aug 4, 2010
freeloader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Maxeemas, just sit on your **** and wait to get the check in the mail. Get a job you lazy bum!
I do have a job you idiot but it will help to have some of that money since I make average salary, you have to be negative you trash!
U R not so smart

Bangkok, Thailand

#6 Aug 4, 2010
Nothing more than a photo op for more tax write offs.Do you think they would donate without a tax write off?I would rather they pay taxes without the loop holes they pay lawyers to find.
Johnd

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Aug 4, 2010
It's better that they have a choice where their money is spent to help the citizens of the USA. If the government gets it through taxes, they will give it to some foreign countries, who don't like us anyway, or misspend it some other way. Find the right charity & it is money well spent.
Billionaire

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Aug 4, 2010
Waste of money.

Charities are nothing more than bureacracies that pilfer and waste the money on nothing.

Just something to make these losers feels better about themselves.
hubbahubba

Pasadena, CA

#9 Aug 4, 2010
Maxeemas wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have a job you idiot but it will help to have some of that money since I make average salary, you have to be negative you trash!
Who cares you make an average salary, it's nobody's fault but your own that you never amounted to anything, stop crying for handouts, you are an idiot!
hubbahubba

Pasadena, CA

#10 Aug 4, 2010
Do you Question Me wrote:
I sure their kids like what their parents are doing.
Shut your trap you ugly asian
Maxeemas

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Aug 5, 2010
Billionaire wrote:
Waste of money.
Charities are nothing more than bureacracies that pilfer and waste the money on nothing.
Just something to make these losers feels better about themselves.
in reality! you think those people are doing something good but there is always a catch to it, They either get a big tax break or earn people trust to become more rich than ever or have control over Gov positions that can earn them other profits and benefit etc.. nothing comes free today trust me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Buffett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warren Buffett, Donald Yacktman Believe In The ... Jun 20 serenitystocks 1
News Inmate Graduates: Why give free college tuition... (Jun '12) Jun 10 hiz queen 11
News South Korea Is Dirt Cheap May '15 Vanexxa 1
News 7 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Buying in 2015 May '15 Andarz Abedini 1
News Tracking Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Po... May '15 Andarz Abedini 1
News Warren Buffett's 5 Highest-Yielding Dividend St... May '15 Andarz Abedini 1
News The First Step To Taking Control Of Your Invest... May '15 Andarz Abedini 2
More from around the web