Buffett: I beg you to raise my taxes

Full story: Home

Read more: National , Economy , Politics , Politico , Warrent Buffett , Stop Coddling the Rich , Buffett Says Rich should Pay more Taxes , Taxing the Rich , Warren Buffett Begs Government to Raise Taxes on Rich , Tax Rates on Wealthy , Tax Rates , Tax Policy , Rich Pay Little in Taxes , Tax Equity Warren Buffett, the third wealthiest man in the ... (more)
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2011

Since: Apr 08

Mission Viejo, CA

#1 Aug 16, 2011
yeah, he is absolutely right! Obama should raise taxes. We have revenue problem as well as a spending problem. We spend too much on war and not enough on social welfare programs.

Since: Mar 11

Bonne Terre, MO

#2 Aug 17, 2011
discocrisco wrote:
yeah, he is absolutely right! Obama should raise taxes. We have revenue problem as well as a spending problem. We spend too much on war and not enough on social welfare programs.
Tax the rich and poor equally. The CEO of a company pulling in 2-3 million a year should not pay less in taxes than his secretary making 50k a year.

Also, our government spends more money just on R&D "Black Budget" projects than The U.K., China, and Russia spend on THEIR ENTIRE MILITARY COMBINED!

These projects are not shown in the "Official" budget.

Just a 20% cut in military R&D would fund most of our social programs and ease our debt burden.

As for our national debt? I say start a national lottery with ALL proceeds going to pay off the debt and help fund the budget. Include strong wording in the law to keep politicians from dipping into it.(Because we know they would NEVER try to do that!)

This used to be common practice in colonial times. In fact, our first armies were funded with lottery money!

“Stay thirsty my friends.....”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 17, 2011
Why not a flat tax? 15% for everybody. Let's make it a level playing field for once......

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#4 Aug 17, 2011
the pompitous of love wrote:
Why not a flat tax? 15% for everybody. Let's make it a level playing field for once......
Doesnt that put accountants out of business and at least 1/2 the IRS (which is a good thing).

Since: Apr 08

Mission Viejo, CA

#5 Aug 17, 2011
Let's give more money to incompentent "job creators" who hoard cash and do not create jobs. The reality is that you have to do something about income inequality before you will see the good times again. Once the average American has more disposible savings than companies will start hiring again. Demand from consumers fuels 70% of the economy and the President and the Republicans are do nothing to solve that income inequity problem.

Bonne Terre, MO

#6 Aug 24, 2011
the pompitous of love wrote:
I've always been in favor of the flat tax. 15-20% for anyone making 50k or more. No loopholes or deductions, period.

It'll never happen though because the rich like to hide their money and the Republicans are owned by the rich.

John Boehner storming out of talks because Obama wanted to talk about removing tax cuts for the rich proved that.

Boehner wants to get re-elected!

Bonne Terre, MO

#7 Aug 24, 2011
Instead of bailing out the banks with the TARP funds, they should have given it to the people.

The people pay their mortgages, the banks get their money, and any left over money would have been spent to stimulate the economy.

Instead, the banks got paid, AND THEY'RE STILL REPOSSESSING PEOPLE'S HOUSES!

Seems a bit like double dipping to me.

WE paid for it, and they're screwing us!
Thomas

San Diego, CA

#8 Aug 24, 2011
Why doesn't fat mouth Buffet just write a BIG bleeping check out to Uncle Sam and shut the bleep up?
NO ONE IS STOPPING HIM from taking his billions and GIVING it to the feds so why doesn't he JUST DO IT!!!!
Thomas

San Diego, CA

#9 Aug 24, 2011
And that includes ALL people who think they should be paying more....JUST DO IT!!! Write a BIG FAT check,(this is especially directed to all the Hollywood and DC liberals) make it out to the IRS and they shut up about it, OK?

“Stay thirsty my friends.....”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#10 Aug 24, 2011
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesnt that put accountants out of business and at least 1/2 the IRS (which is a good thing).
Yes, it would. Too bad for them. You shouldn't need an accountant to do your taxes. It should be simple enough for every tax payer to do themselves.

Bonne Terre, MO

#11 Aug 27, 2011
LOL! What's the matter Thomas? afraid you might have to pay YOUR fair share??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren Buffett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest Aug 26 Robert Burns 1
Praxair: The Value Of Pricing Power Aug 14 art 1
Hetty Green's ways similar to Buffett's (Aug '12) Jul '14 SLIF 7
Billionaires call on Congress to 'roll out the ... Jul '14 Amigo 24
Obama, Wall Street Agree On Immigration, Says W... Jul '14 Amigo 1
Will These Electric Pickups Steal Tesla's Bigge... Jun '14 Solarman 1
U.S. investors warming up to Air Canada's promi... Apr '14 senior citizen 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000