Mickey Mouse loves you just the way you are

Dec 31, 2011 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.bellevuereporter.com

This past holiday weekend, I watched a YouTube video that nearly made me spit out my coffee in astonishment: It was a message of encouragement from the Walt Disney company .

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jan 1, 2012

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

Yes, quite a few years ago I and a friend (not a lover), also gay went to Epcot which is next to Disney World in Orlando, Florida and the employees really went out of their way to make us feel at home.

I also know of a gay man who still works for the Disney Company as a composer and has for many years.

But I suppose it's also true that Walt himself would turn over in his refrigerator.(Yes, I know that's not really true but why ruin a joke?)

I still can't return Mickey's love and prefer Bugs!

My bad!

Since: Jan 10

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

All major corporations have realized that Gay Americans have and make more money than most american’s. They’re all down on their hands and knees begging for our money, which is why most of them are offering same-sex benefits. We are a very powerful minority and we need to force the corporations to support same-sex marriage and anti-bullying. Believe me as soon as we get them on board, we’ll be walking down the aisle (and walking proud) with grins on our faces.
Rick Santorum s Froth

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

Marram wrote:
All major corporations have realized that Gay Americans have and make more money than most american’s. They’re all down on their hands and knees begging for our money, which is why most of them are offering same-sex benefits. We are a very powerful minority and we need to force the corporations to support same-sex marriage and anti-bullying. Believe me as soon as we get them on board, we’ll be walking down the aisle (and walking proud) with grins on our faces.
I think their need to compete for the best educated employees plays a bigger role than these gay dollars.

The best educated, most creative employees won't abide a homophobic or even unequal work environment.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

Judged:

Thank you Rick for posting this story. I haven't seen the ad yet but am very VERY happy to learn it exists.
This story became my second book mark of the new year (the first was the glitter bombing of Rick Santorum).

I'm getting a good feeling about 2012.

I hope it holds.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

Judged:

After Disney had a Jewish CEO, I think old Walt finally stopped turning over and decomposed for good!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

DNF wrote:
Thank you Rick for posting this story. I haven't seen the ad yet but am very VERY happy to learn it exists.
This story became my second book mark of the new year (the first was the glitter bombing of Rick Santorum).
I'm getting a good feeling about 2012.
I hope it holds.
You're very welcome...I watched the video before posting the story, it definitely made it worth it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••