Mickey Mouse loves you just the way y...

Mickey Mouse loves you just the way you are

There are 6 comments on the www.bellevuereporter.com story from Dec 31, 2011, titled Mickey Mouse loves you just the way you are . In it, www.bellevuereporter.com reports that:

This past holiday weekend, I watched a YouTube video that nearly made me spit out my coffee in astonishment: It was a message of encouragement from the Walt Disney company .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.bellevuereporter.com.

Since: Sep 07

Moodus, CT

#1 Dec 31, 2011
Yes, quite a few years ago I and a friend (not a lover), also gay went to Epcot which is next to Disney World in Orlando, Florida and the employees really went out of their way to make us feel at home.

I also know of a gay man who still works for the Disney Company as a composer and has for many years.

But I suppose it's also true that Walt himself would turn over in his refrigerator.(Yes, I know that's not really true but why ruin a joke?)

I still can't return Mickey's love and prefer Bugs!

My bad!

Since: Jan 10

Pickerington, OH

#2 Dec 31, 2011
All major corporations have realized that Gay Americans have and make more money than most american’s. They’re all down on their hands and knees begging for our money, which is why most of them are offering same-sex benefits. We are a very powerful minority and we need to force the corporations to support same-sex marriage and anti-bullying. Believe me as soon as we get them on board, we’ll be walking down the aisle (and walking proud) with grins on our faces.
Rick Santorum s Froth

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Dec 31, 2011
Marram wrote:
All major corporations have realized that Gay Americans have and make more money than most american’s. They’re all down on their hands and knees begging for our money, which is why most of them are offering same-sex benefits. We are a very powerful minority and we need to force the corporations to support same-sex marriage and anti-bullying. Believe me as soon as we get them on board, we’ll be walking down the aisle (and walking proud) with grins on our faces.
I think their need to compete for the best educated employees plays a bigger role than these gay dollars.

The best educated, most creative employees won't abide a homophobic or even unequal work environment.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#4 Jan 1, 2012
Thank you Rick for posting this story. I haven't seen the ad yet but am very VERY happy to learn it exists.
This story became my second book mark of the new year (the first was the glitter bombing of Rick Santorum).

I'm getting a good feeling about 2012.

I hope it holds.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#5 Jan 1, 2012
After Disney had a Jewish CEO, I think old Walt finally stopped turning over and decomposed for good!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6 Jan 1, 2012
DNF wrote:
Thank you Rick for posting this story. I haven't seen the ad yet but am very VERY happy to learn it exists.
This story became my second book mark of the new year (the first was the glitter bombing of Rick Santorum).
I'm getting a good feeling about 2012.
I hope it holds.
You're very welcome...I watched the video before posting the story, it definitely made it worth it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walt Disney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Peter Ellenshaw, 93; Oscar-winning special effe... (Feb '07) Jan '17 Scarecrow 10
News Disney Parks Consider Demand PricingThis would ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Wrangled 1
News Happy Birthday, Walt Disney, Creator of Mickey ... (May '15) Aug '15 Anonymous 3
News Spotted at Disneyland: See photos of celebs fro... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Miley Ray Cyrus 1
News Happy Birthday, Walt Disney, Creator of Mickey ... (Feb '15) Jun '15 Lawrencetan 2
News Great Dane Thrill Ride to Coney (Aug '07) Apr '15 Long Darby 2
News Travel: Disneyland Paris, France (Aug '12) Apr '14 iride401 4
More from around the web