Disney's VIP passes for bigwigs raise...

Disney's VIP passes for bigwigs raise ethical questions

There are 11 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 10, 2008, titled Disney's VIP passes for bigwigs raise ethical questions. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Walt Disney World is offering politicians and other VIPs special passes that let them cut in line at popular rides such as Soarin' in Epcot and Expedition Everest in Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Mike in Delray Beach

AOL

#1 Apr 10, 2008
This is absurd. Isn't it bad enough these politicians collect huge salaries and do very little for them. Isn't it bad enough that they can get a room instead of you or I because they are a politician or big wig? Disney should vacate this insane rule and maybe look into a quality dress code of the park patrons so people with impressionable small children don't have to feel like they are Universal with the riff raff.
Markey

United States

#2 Apr 10, 2008
When you think about it, this really is a great idea. Remember how many times people have died or been injured on Disney rides.

Since: Sep 07

Fort Lauderdale, FL.

#3 Apr 10, 2008
This should be illegal.

This is another way for Disney to scratch the right politician's back and have this politician's scratch Disney's.

Yet another reason not to go to Disney, I stopped going when their day rates went from expensive to ridiculous.
opinionated

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Apr 10, 2008
Sounds like Disney found a loop hole.
Markey

United States

#5 Apr 10, 2008
At least this practice doesn't screw the taxpayers like elected officials who get free tickets from sports teams then vote to subsidize their stadiums with public money or grant them relief from taxes.
Super Delegate

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Apr 10, 2008
Sure. They're known as Super Guests. I don't see the big problem here. In a Government run by Liberals, there are those that make the rules and those that have to follow the rules.

Its good to be the King.
tHE cAPS aRE oN

AOL

#7 Apr 10, 2008
"We also have heard from security teams traveling with these high-profile guests that they would prefer they not be in the midst of large crowds or in any one place for an extended period of time."
Does ANYONE prefer being in the midst of a big crowd for an extended period of time when it's 95 degrees outside? If you don't like big crowds and waiting in line, DON"T GO TO DISNEY, DUH!!
sam

Miami, FL

#8 Apr 10, 2008
Disney World hold's a standard of Superior quality and service and that's because they keep ticket prices Up preventing gang activity, teens soliciting and loitering in the parks! It makes sense to allow famous people and politicians to have park access without the interference of the publc! Crazy people out there! way to go Disney!

“Cold as Ice”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#9 Apr 10, 2008
Markey wrote:
When you think about it, this really is a great idea. Remember how many times people have died or been injured on Disney rides.
LMAO!!!!

“Cold as Ice”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#10 Apr 10, 2008
sam wrote:
Disney World hold's a standard of Superior quality and service and that's because they keep ticket prices Up preventing gang activity, teens soliciting and loitering in the parks! It makes sense to allow famous people and politicians to have park access without the interference of the publc! Crazy people out there! way to go Disney!
Sam, would you care for a piece of my ham?
Disgusted taxpayer

Tampa, FL

#11 Apr 11, 2008
This is ridiculous -- of course those passes have a monetary value. They allow vistitor's to spend less time in line, and so get more value for their money than the other visitors. And who in the world does Disney refer to when they talk about elected officials with large entourages and security details? NO local elected officials or Florida legislators have either security or entourages. The Governor and Lt. Governor have a couple of security folks at best. I hope they are talking about perhaps federal officials or foreign dignitaries? Give me a break!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walt Disney World Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Christian Activists Warn Parents to Steer Clear... (Jun '14) Mar '15 Fa-Foxy 32
News Luxury homes inside Disney attracting families Feb '15 phil n 1
News Dozens of Disney workers arrested over sex with... (Jul '14) Jul '14 no doubt 1
WDW Gay Days (May '14) May '14 Wondering 1
News 5 New Yorkers detained in Disney World brawl (May '07) Apr '14 Only me 125
News 10 best attractions in Florida: Readers' Choice... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Moneymoneymon 2
News Silver Springs has last weekend as private attr... (Sep '13) Sep '13 well 2
More from around the web