Disney sends fired worker home to Bot...

Disney sends fired worker home to Botswana

There are 21 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Sep 5, 2008, titled Disney sends fired worker home to Botswana. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Sometime this morning, Odirile "Jojo" Rammoni will arrive in Johannesburg, South Africa, then board a plane for the fourth and final leg of his 9,000-mile, 24-hour journey home to the African country of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
beach bum

United States

#2 Sep 5, 2008
Disney figures out of sight out of mind.
Bill

AOL

#4 Sep 5, 2008
Seems like a pattern here, first they fire a worker who was following state law (carrying a firearm in his trunck in compliance with the state law, and then fire this guy after their OWN internal investigation. Maybe it is time to start changin state law to reign in companies that arbitrarily fire emplyees.The right to work mentality has led to over bearing and capricious decisions.
Procurator

Orlando, FL

#7 Sep 5, 2008
The Union management is loaded with parasites so doesn't surprise me they
were "surprised" when Disney gave the guy a free ride back home.The hearing request is a farce
Frank

Destin, FL

#8 Sep 5, 2008
What Disney wants, Disney gets. Oh, that reminds me, its time to renew my anual passes.
not surprised

AOL

#9 Sep 5, 2008
If you have ever worked at Disney this should not be a shock. The company is one-sided in ways the public would never guess.
Anyone who has worked there without incident is lucky..esp if you are straight.
agree

Orlando, FL

#11 Sep 5, 2008
I had a friend get fired from Disney for an inappropriate e-mail. Coincidentally he was reaching the magical age of tenure. Too bad Disney he got a job with a competitor making 6 figures.
Pa W

Wakefield, RI

#13 Sep 5, 2008
Bill wrote:
Seems like a pattern here, first they fire a worker who was following state law (carrying a firearm in his trunck in compliance with the state law, and then fire this guy after their OWN internal investigation. Maybe it is time to start changin state law to reign in companies that arbitrarily fire emplyees.The right to work mentality has led to over bearing and capricious decisions.
I think that there is a more serious issue at stake here. There are many images of democrat politicans that demand immediate action based on "The Seriousness of the Charge and NOT the Nature of the evidence"..... So why should Disney be any different...? You people of the left want to promote that kind of thinking....Well live with the results..... And besides suppose it was your kid or daughter that fell victim to this person who though here in the US legally does not have the right to come here and create controversy ! How much do you think Disney has invested in this person already..? Time to cut their losses.....They did the RIGHT thing..... You people on the left are just plain angry.... Why don't you stand up for Americans and American Company's for once instead of always being on the side of the illegals or the foreigners.. Are you a pro gun lefty or just want to bash Disney for that one too....?
DriveBy Poster

Schaumburg, IL

#14 Sep 5, 2008
agree wrote:
I had a friend get fired from Disney for an inappropriate e-mail. Coincidentally he was reaching the magical age of tenure.
...And naturally it can only be cause and effect.
*eyeroll*

Since: Aug 08

United States

#19 Sep 5, 2008
ernie44 wrote:
Why to have all these talks with him then the union, as far as I'm concerned the union is just interested in making sure the worker pays his monthly dues.
Disney did the right thing, sending him back home where he is free to feel the woman in his homeland
you are assuming of course that he is actually guilty. Disney is very happy and aware tha Florida is a right to work state and therefore has no obligation to any employee. I aggree that a union in this state is like taking your money out in the middle of a field and burning it! Up north a union is going out and breaking legs to get what they want! ot sure which is worse! As an employee that was accused unfairly of harrassment I can ppreciate his predicament. I was cleared bcause New York is NOT a right to work state and the company had to prove I was guilty and my accuser never came forward and it was later found it was a disgruntled employee not even the person who I allegedly harrased had made the complaint. Disney getting away with pretty much whatever they want is more than a little scary right up there with knuckle dragging unions!
just saying

United States

#21 Sep 5, 2008
Been living here all my life and i never been to disney cause i cant see myself paying to see people dressed up as rats and other animals.Cant even see why grown folks would want to work in such a place.I think its a place for kids who wants to make some money while going to school.
bythesea

Daytona Beach, FL

#23 Sep 5, 2008
since he was not a US citizen and only here on visa, he has not rights as to due process provided by our constitution. therefore, the best place for him is good bye. i am sure his rights and the rules of his being here were somewhere in his contract. too bad the union representative didn't read it to him.
Conservative Republican

Cocoa, FL

#27 Sep 5, 2008
So, Disney practices "guilty until proven innocent," as England and many other countries do. Boycott Disney. Show them that American system of justice requires "due process" and an adjudication before a person's innocence or guilt can be established. Crummy company anyway; overpriced theme parks. Never went to a Disney property; will never go.
Wrong

Tampa, FL

#28 Sep 5, 2008
bythesea wrote:
since he was not a US citizen and only here on visa, he has not rights as to due process provided by our constitution. therefore, the best place for him is good bye. i am sure his rights and the rules of his being here were somewhere in his contract. too bad the union representative didn't read it to him.
You couldn't be more wrong with your legal analysis. Maybe he is better of going back to his country, if he is guilty, but due process is guaranteed to him as equally as it is guaranteed to you. I mean, we are not China here.

You should be very careful advancing a legal opinion when your not qualified. People may actually listen to you and then get into trouble.
Darwin

Somerset, NJ

#29 Sep 5, 2008
Did the guy grab the woman, or was it incidental contact? It seems that posing for a picture would put people in close physical contact. I think the woman might have over-reacted, but since I was not there, I have to support the her her claim. I wouldn't want some animal pawing at my wife or daughters, but I would hope that they could distinguish between intentional and accidental contact before they level assault charges against someone.
Tony

Rickmansworth, UK

#31 Sep 5, 2008
Conservative Republican wrote:
So, Disney practices "guilty until proven innocent," as England and many other countries do.
I am Englis and have to say you are wrong there. In England (and all of the UK) you are innocent until proven guilty.
Walt Disney Sucks

Satsuma, AL

#32 Sep 5, 2008
Folks that is all I can say is " Walt Disney Sucks". Disney has ruined Florida.Walt Disney owns a bunch of Politicians in Florida and Washington. Disney like many others have brought a bunch of bad people into America.Walt Disney's lobbyist have sold out the American People many times over. Again "Walt Disney Sucks" !
Unknown

Middleboro, MA

#33 Sep 5, 2008
Pa W wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that there is a more serious issue at stake here. There are many images of democrat politicans that demand immediate action based on "The Seriousness of the Charge and NOT the Nature of the evidence"..... So why should Disney be any different...? You people of the left want to promote that kind of thinking....Well live with the results..... And besides suppose it was your kid or daughter that fell victim to this person who though here in the US legally does not have the right to come here and create controversy ! How much do you think Disney has invested in this person already..? Time to cut their losses.....They did the RIGHT thing..... You people on the left are just plain angry.... Why don't you stand up for Americans and American Company's for once instead of always being on the side of the illegals or the foreigners.. Are you a pro gun lefty or just want to bash Disney for that one too....?
I work for Disney, and let me tell you, Disney is not the best of comapnies, they have the money, so they'll do what they want. And I also knew this person personally. Disney takes advantage of people because they know they can, they have the money so why not?... Don't get me wrong, there are wonderful people which work there, but then there's the higher ups, which don't give a care who you are, and just see you as a number... They just shipped him back with out him letting his case known. Because they figure less controversy and less money spent. But now Disney we'll be getting even a bigger fight than they thought. And you're statement about not being a good American, if we disagree Disney's decision, is so wrong. Because it's called being open minded to discussion, and speech... and what Disney did was awful, wrong, and sneaky in my opinion. It's nice to know they don't follow the American Constitution about giving every man a free trial... Nope Disney just ships them back out, to avoid a problem... Real American company? I don't think so
I Say Bad Things

Red Springs, NC

#34 Sep 8, 2008
Wow, how kind of them!
Tony Montana

Pompano Beach, FL

#35 Sep 8, 2008
bythesea wrote:
Unions? He was an illegal alien. Deport all illegals.
Trippette

United States

#36 Sep 8, 2008
What better way to kil they story than send the man across the ocean? Is this a case of cutting their losses or trying to prevent something from coming to light? If he goes away, so does the story.
I guess we will never know if it is a true charge or not, though. What Disney says is Always Right. I doubt Disney would admit fault even if it is discovered the charges were bogus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walt Disney World Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 New Yorkers detained in Disney World brawl (May '07) Mar '17 Truth Hurts Hard 130
Disneyland/WDW Hate Thread (Mar '17) Mar '17 Truth Hurts Hard 1
Crybaby basketball team (Dec '16) Dec '16 Tru 1
News Disney's Magical Express thriving at OIA; rival... (Feb '08) Dec '16 Tomy 126
News Disney's Already Tight Security Gets a Boost Af... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Peter Pan 3
News Global Travel Service still sees consistent bus... (May '16) May '16 Propaganda 3
News Christian Activists Warn Parents to Steer Clear... (Jun '14) Feb '16 Rose_NoHo 55
More from around the web