It's almost time ...

It's almost time ...

There are 2 comments on the TV Barn story from May 12, 2006, titled It's almost time .... In it, TV Barn reports that:

Created and executive produced by David Milch , DEADWOOD wrapped its second season last year; Gregg Fienberg and Mark Tinker also serve as executive producers this season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TV Barn.

Ann

Cupertino, CA

#1 May 18, 2006
Reading your piece on Deadwood underscores the insanity of HBO’s recent decision not to option the cast’s contracts, thus putting a fourth season, heretofore announced by HBO and Milch as a done deal, in grave jeopardy. As the most literate, layered, beautifully created production on TV or film, Deadwood transcends its medium and achieves the status of art with each and every episode.

A group of fans has mobilized to demand that HBO finalize a deal to complete the intended vision of the series by ordering a fourth season with the original cast intact. We have launched an email, fax, and letter writing campaign and are planning an ad in Daily Variety to bring to the attention of the execs at HBO and Time Warner this simple fact: if HBO doesn’t stop the exceedingly long breaks between seasons and premature cancellation of its series, the loyal subscriber base will no longer have any incentive to invest our time, attention and money in its original programming.

These days we have plenty of options regarding where we spend our entertainment dollars. For a long time HBO has been the network of choice for viewers seeking literate original programming. HBO is running the risk of significantly damaging its brand if Deadwood ends after season three, or returns for a season four without the original cast. I and thousands of others will cancel our HBO subscriptions immediately after season three if there is no deal before then.

If you want to help save the show go to www.savedeadwood.net to see what you can do.

HBO cancels Deadwood – I cancel HBO.
Hollywood Princess

Euless, TX

#2 Nov 22, 2007
It's almost time...

For what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

W. Earl Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sex and the Surrogate (Nov '12) Nov '12 STEPHMAR 1
W. Earl Brown nude (Sep '12) Sep '12 Juli 1
News Celebrity birthdays for Sept. 7 (Sep '10) Sep '10 Ted 1
News Donal Logue Joins HBO's '1%' - W. Earl Brown, M... (Apr '08) Jul '09 DaBear 12
News POWERMAN 5000 Frontman Featured In Country Musi... (Dec '06) Dec '06 Kim 1
More from around the web