Why I love the melancholy Peanuts hol...

Why I love the melancholy Peanuts holiday specials. - By Dana Stevens - Slate Magazine

There are 1 comment on the www.slate.com story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Why I love the melancholy Peanuts holiday specials. - By Dana Stevens - Slate Magazine. In it, www.slate.com reports that:

What sound is most evocative of autumn? The crackling of dry leaves? The singsong chant of trick-or-treaters? The zip-zipping of corduroy jeans as you walk down the street? For anyone who remembers watching the ...

What does the Peanuts gang have to do with the Beatles? For many reasons, both are icons of the golden age of pop art,both show how togetherness is creative,both will live on forever,and both became animated cartoons in 1965.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.slate.com.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#1 Nov 5, 2008
Being a big fan of both Peanuts and the Beatles, I could not resist adding this article here.

Rumor has it that Snoopy and Woodstock were the Lennon and Mccartney of the cartoon genre.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vince Guaraldi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paul Liberatore: George Winston pays tribute to... (May '10) May '10 Jim Boubonis 1
News Yule love the music (Dec '07) Dec '07 Tony 9
More from around the web