Wrigley's country combo platter rips

Full story: Chicago Tribune
If you've ever doubted the power of a lead singer, you should see what happens when one disappears. Full Story
Jane

Des Plaines, IL

#1 Jul 20, 2009
This was a great show! A lot of fun. We had field seats and it was worth the price just to be able to walk around on Wrigley Field before the show began. I got great pictures of the Cubs dugout etc for my husband. I did feel bad for Vince Gill, in that he didn't seem to get the respect he was due, in my opinion.
It would be nice if the reviewer could have gotten a little backstage info re where LeVox went for those four songs.
LAK

Buffalo Grove, IL

#2 Jul 20, 2009
Wow! The quality really has gone down at this paper! The song that Gill performed with RF was Whenever You Come Around. VG has 20 some odd grammys, is a sought after producer and was hand picked by Eric Clapton as one of the best guitarists in the country. Does this writer know anything about music? The SunTimes review is more accurate.
Kelly

United States

#3 Jul 21, 2009
I thought this was a great concert from start to finish. Vince Gill certainly did not get the respect he deserved; most of the younger crowd didn't seem to know who he was. It might have worked better to have Vince open the show. It seemed as if most of the younger crowd and certainly the majority of people near us just came to get wasted - stay home and listen to your I-pod instead of inflicting your drunken selves about the rest of us true country fans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vince Gill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vince Gill and Amy Grant: A Match Made In Music... (Dec '07) Sun Doughnutz 38
Christian singer Amy Grant says she's been guid... (Jan '09) Feb 26 Doughnutz 8
Vince Gill to Receive Walk of Fame Star Sept. 6 (Aug '12) Feb 26 Doughnutz 8
Swift talks next album, CMAs and Ed Sheeran (Oct '13) Dec '14 lollypop3 8
Now who's the greatest living country singer? (May '13) Jun '14 jaytee 12
Travelers gamble, golf and more in Laughlin (May '14) May '14 Jean 1
Porter Wagoner honored at Grand Ole Opry (Nov '07) Dec '13 bluegrass State h... 8
More from around the web