YMCA song won't change despite Y's na...

YMCA song won't change despite Y's name change

There are 6 comments on the KTVB Boise story from Jul 13, 2010, titled YMCA song won't change despite Y's name change. In it, KTVB Boise reports that:

The Village People won't be changing their hit song "Y.M.C.A." just because the YMCA is now known officially as just "the Y." The lead singer of the original group, Victor Willis, released a statement Monday after the Chicago-based U.S. nonprofit announce that it's changing both its logo and name to "the Y." Willis says the change won't affect the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVB Boise.

FWsouthsider

United States

#1 Jul 13, 2010
YMCA = Young Man's Christian Association. This article says the public is confused about this title. Sadly I must agree.

The YMCA hasn't been for young men only for many years. That can have it's good and bad points. So I can see why that would be confusing.

And much of any Christianity the organization still has is hidden from the public. In the opinion of many that has only bad points. Another entity founded on Christian principles/teachings feeling like those needed to be covered up or just forsaken because of opposition by non-Christians or just ignorant ones.

So, the YMCA shouldn't be called the 'Y', but instead the 'A' for Association... because that's the only word from the original name that still fits. Or maybe that isn't good either since there's 'ass' in the word association.
deserves

Orange, CA

#2 Jun 24, 2013
Jthg fidget
deserves

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jun 24, 2013
Hfjg
deserves

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jun 24, 2013
Nhgfdseer
deserves

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jun 24, 2013
Hjuytrf
deserves

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jun 25, 2013
Gyggffg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Village People Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steve Dahl remembers Disco Demolition Night (Jul '09) May '14 Boring 109
News A gender gap in candidates (Oct '13) Oct '13 candice003 1
News Village People to headline Long Beach Gay Pride... (May '12) Jun '13 Ronald 4
News Original lead singer of Village People settles ... (Dec '09) Jun '13 Poignant 26
News YMCA song won't change despite Y's name change (Jul '10) Jun '13 deserves 8
News FOX & Friends: It's Raining Romney Men! Hallelu... (Aug '12) Aug '12 NE Jade 1
News 'Oh that Tracy' - Morgan strikes again (Jun '11) Jun '11 writewingproxycontin 8
More from around the web