Joe's Crab Shack reps scheduled to to...

Joe's Crab Shack reps scheduled to tour pier, meet with Daytona negotiators

There are 6 comments on the Daytona Beach News-Journal Online story from May 10, 2011, titled Joe's Crab Shack reps scheduled to tour pier, meet with Daytona negotiators. In it, Daytona Beach News-Journal Online reports that:

A waitress dances to the song "YMCA" by the Village People during lunch at Joe's Crab Shack in Sanford on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daytona Beach News-Journal Online.

Since: May 11

Sevierville, TN

#1 May 12, 2011
This will be good for the area---It will help bring business to main street.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#2 May 12, 2011
A1-A is a big focus. Main Street might be better as a walking area paved in brick or a designed sidewalk, it could otherwise become a traffic cluster. The building designs are a perfect fit for the idea. With close proximity to Ocean Center & the Hilton Hotel some thought could be given as to how Main Street could focus on the way convention visitors want to relax. The type of conventions that are booked on a regular basis could give way to some ideas.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#3 May 12, 2011
The Question is what are those ideas!
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#4 May 12, 2011
By allowing Ora Street & Wild Olive Ave to become redirected it could lead traffic to the Ocean Center & possibly Main Street. Meaning it would create less pressure on A-1A. Daytona Lagoon could be updated in design, and relocated to a heavy tourist area.(last comment ? not !)
Math4U

Port Orange, FL

#5 May 14, 2011
I like the idea of a walking street for Main. We definitely need a better water park and better parking direction.
Anti-Troll

Daytona Beach, FL

#6 May 14, 2011
"With the pier closed for more than $3 million in upgrades for about 18 months now,"
"spent more than $1 million to buy out the lease"

Good lord... up to over 4 million has been wasted so far for this old rat trap!

Anyone think how much a new pier would cost?

"waitresses at the Sanford Joe's Crab Shack who dance under disco lights every 45 minutes to songs such as "YMCA,"

Yep thats enough for me ever setting foot in the place, dancing waitresses & disco lights, BWAAAAAAAK!

"Mann said. "I'm excited. I've craved Joe's since I moved here six years ago."

Let me guess, I'll bet see moved here from New Jersey. I tell ya these blow-in Northerners will bankrupt this state just like the states they came from with they're far-flung ideas, mark my word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Village People Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steve Dahl remembers Disco Demolition Night (Jul '09) May '14 Boring 109
News A gender gap in candidates (Oct '13) Oct '13 candice003 1
News Village People to headline Long Beach Gay Pride... (May '12) Jun '13 Ronald 4
News Original lead singer of Village People settles ... (Dec '09) Jun '13 Poignant 26
News YMCA song won't change despite Y's name change (Jul '10) Jun '13 deserves 6
News YMCA song won't change despite Y's name change (Jul '10) Jun '13 deserves 8
News FOX & Friends: It's Raining Romney Men! Hallelu... (Aug '12) Aug '12 NE Jade 1
More from around the web