Van Halen to rock Bankers Life Fieldh...

Van Halen to rock Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Downtown Indianapolis tonight

There are 23 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 22, 2012, titled Van Halen to rock Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Downtown Indianapolis tonight. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Rock band Van Halen will visit Indianapolis tonight at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The tour's third date promotes "A Different Kind of Truth," the first Van Halen album in 28 years to feature David Lee Roth -- and Indiana native -- on lead vocals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fan

United States

#21 May 19, 2012
Well Dave, It looks like Eddie and Bigfoot (or Alex to the rest of us who LOVE him) are fed up with your ego-maniacal, narcissistic, can't hold a note to save your life ways! I have changed my mind Dave...I DON'T love you anymore! I would say come on back to Indiana because I know of a nursing home with an excellent memory care unit for dementia patients, but that would indicate compassion and concern. THANKS for costing the boys a fortune Dave. While Eddie and Alex can STILL rock like the TRUE musical geniuses they are....you Dave are the poster child for WASHED UP, HAS-BEEN! Cue booing and the throwing of rotten veggies at you!
Unfair Warning

Schenectady, NY

#22 May 19, 2012
Fan wrote:
Well Dave, It looks like Eddie and Bigfoot (or Alex to the rest of us who LOVE him) are fed up with your ego-maniacal, narcissistic, can't hold a note to save your life ways! I have changed my mind Dave...I DON'T love you anymore! I would say come on back to Indiana because I know of a nursing home with an excellent memory care unit for dementia patients, but that would indicate compassion and concern. THANKS for costing the boys a fortune Dave. While Eddie and Alex can STILL rock like the TRUE musical geniuses they are....you Dave are the poster child for WASHED UP, HAS-BEEN! Cue booing and the throwing of rotten veggies at you!
David Lee Roth was pelted with rotten green eggs in the face.

It knocked him over as he was doing a lame half kick.

Green, smelly yolk goo and broken egg shells in his mouth and eyes.

He hurt his back and is now using a power chair to get around.

Aging Van Halen's recent live performances are all turkey shit.

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble.
Eddie Yes Mark NOWAY

Pittsboro, IN

#23 May 26, 2012
Fan wrote:
I've read the reviews this morning, and I can't believe I was at the same concert! First let me preface this by saying I LOVE VAN HALEN!! I'm old enough to have seen them with David Lee, and didn't want to love them with Sammy Hagar, but I fell anyway. I anticipated a concert that would take me back to my youth..make me feel as invincible as Eddie's virtuoso playing. What I left with was a big slap of reality! No, I'm no longer that teenage "hot girl". No, David Lee is not the best lead singer for the band. No, I will not reminisce about this night should I attempt to reminisce about the kick-ass Van Halen concerts I attended in my youth. I'm left feeling melancholy. Its a feeling I would never use to describe the effect of seeing the all time great Van Halen.(They were great you know! I've seen them 6 times!) Eddie is still a virtuoso in my book. The only guitarist that comes close (in my opinion of course!) Is Mark Tremonti, but I digress. Alex was still awesome as well. Those brothers can do no wrong! It made me feel the pride of a mother in watching "Wolfie" play along side his Dad and Uncle. I couldn't help but think now I know why Valerie beams with pride when she talks about him on tour.:) Let's cut to the chase...David Lee Roth. The great showman, Diamond Dave, oh Dave...I felt like I was visiting my once cool uncle who's now gone senile in the nursing home! There! I've said it!! I think Diamond Dave is senile! I feel like I've just committed blasphemy, but the truth has to be spoken! I prefer to remember you in your heyday Dave. When you commanded the audience. When it was truly a show to see you and Eddie give it your all. Sadly, last night was painful to watch. It was painful to watch you try. It was painful to watch you forget lyrics. I'm sorry Dave, as a fellow Hoosier native I believe someone has to be honest with you. It kinda feels like telling someone they have dementia, and you need to take their car keys away. Dave, I still love the youthful memories you provided, I will still pop in a cd and dance around like I'm still the 1980's hot girl when no one is watching, but Dear Dave we need to take your mic from you. Its for your own good Dave. Cue melancholy.....
Of all the great guitar players in the mainstream history and you say Mark Tremonti after Eddie? You totally lost all credibility with any real knowledge of musicians. Let me guess you think,“ Arms Wide Open” is one of the greatest songs as well? Mark Tremonti never had an original lick or created anything new. He is good at re-hashing 80’s guitar styles but my GOD… He isn’t even close to real guitarist who created styles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Halen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Van Halen Keeps the Shoreline Amphitheater Jump... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Hadji 1
News Eddie Van Halen Performs Jimi Hendrix's "Fire" ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Hadji 1
News David Lee Roth's Van Halen Sales Trounce Sammy ... (May '15) May '15 jeannie tibbetts 1
News David Lee Roth Has 'Credibility Issue' With Sam... (May '15) May '15 jeannie tibbetts 1
News Van Halen tour headed for Bay Area (Mar '15) Mar '15 clownwong 1
News Van Halen announces summer tour (Mar '15) Mar '15 Ravenite Coffee 1
News Jesse Jackson Jr. cana t escape the Federal Ele... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web