Van Halen doesn't rock charts

Van Halen doesn't rock charts

There are 4 comments on the 24 Hours story from Feb 15, 2012, titled Van Halen doesn't rock charts. In it, 24 Hours reports that:

"A Different Kind of Truth," the band's first studio album in 14 years, and first with original singer David Lee Roth since "1984" in 1984, debuted at No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 24 Hours.

Crystal Lake, IL

#1 Feb 15, 2012
I found front row van halen tickets at and they totally hooked me up! Sweet site. is awesome.

Toronto, Canada

#2 Feb 15, 2012
They came it number two, give them so credit. Yeah it was the US charts but isn't that the one people really
little dreamer

Elmhurst, NY

#3 Feb 16, 2012
Headline is extremely misleading... Sounds like VH charted at #84 or sumthin..#2 ain't bad for a band that hasn't recorded an album in 28 years. Grammy week put that fat Brit over the top but Grammy week is now over.. VH tour is just starting.. Debuting at #2 and then taking #1 looks less hype and more substance. LONG LIVE VH!
Deke Rivers

Lancaster, WI

#4 Feb 16, 2012
Who's the moron who wrote this story, Sammy Hagar? "Van Halen Doesn't Rock Charts" Bullshit. The sold 187,000 in first week out. That would have been good enough for #1 had it been a normal "non-grammy week". Mainstream pop music always does better than Hard Rock.#2 is a great amount, remember 1984 never hit #1 but still sold 10-million. There are no love songs on the album to fluff it up for mainstream and that's a good thing "Sammy Hagar". The Mighty Van Halen is back!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Halen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Van Halen Keeps the Shoreline Amphitheater Jump... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Hadji 1
News Eddie Van Halen Performs Jimi Hendrix's "Fire" ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Hadji 1
News David Lee Roth's Van Halen Sales Trounce Sammy ... (May '15) May '15 jeannie tibbetts 1
News David Lee Roth Has 'Credibility Issue' With Sam... (May '15) May '15 jeannie tibbetts 1
News Van Halen tour headed for Bay Area (Mar '15) Mar '15 clownwong 1
News Van Halen announces summer tour (Mar '15) Mar '15 Ravenite Coffee 1
News Jesse Jackson Jr. cana t escape the Federal Ele... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web