Military Chiefs to Cast Doubt on Gay ...

Military Chiefs to Cast Doubt on Gay Service- Mullen Warns Anti-Gay Troops

There are 15 comments on the FoxNews.com story from Dec 3, 2010, titled Military Chiefs to Cast Doubt on Gay Service- Mullen Warns Anti-Gay Troops. In it, FoxNews.com reports that:

Just days after a Pentagon study concluded gays could serve openly in the U.S. military without harming its ability to fight, the services' top uniformed officers planned to tell a Senate panel they are not so sure.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FoxNews.com.

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#1 Dec 3, 2010
"We send these young people into combat," said McCain. "We think they're mature enough to fight and die.

They should be mature enough to deal with out gays and lesbians in their midst.

Since: May 09

Yacolt, WA

#2 Dec 3, 2010
"The U.S. Marines commandant and chiefs for three other service branches were widely expected to say Friday that they remained reluctant to lift the ban on openly gay service because the troops who expressed the gravest concerns are the ones fighting on the front lines of combat."

So? Those are the less educated, with lower intelligent, rednecks. Good for nothing more than cannon fodder. Not that many gay men and women are going to be in that class anyway.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3 Dec 3, 2010
mixed wrote:
"We send these young people into combat," said McCain. "We think they're mature enough to fight and die.
They should be mature enough to deal with out gays and lesbians in their midst.
I agree with your assessment:)

McCain and the Republicans seem to think that our young men and women are mature enough to spill blood for their Country, or lose body parts for their Country or hell, even die for their Country.......but somehow they aren't mature enough to deal with open Gay and Lesbian Service Members in their unit.......what a crock of BS!!!!!
John Moll

North Hollywood, CA

#4 Dec 3, 2010
So these brave soldiers are scared of gay people. They do not sound so brave to me but more like a bunch of winey wimps. And that "leader" of the marines, sure looks like a closet case who has repressed his desires his whole life. Poor dude, not he is so old no one would want him

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Dec 3, 2010
The ONLY one who remains consistantly opposed is Gen Amos of the Marine Corps, and even he wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. The Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and Air Force actually support repeal to varying degrees.

McCain's got to be crying and filling up his diaper!!!

While not a slam dunk for the pro-repeal side, I think this certainly gives the cover needed for those wavering Republicans to vote in favor of repeal.

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Dec 3, 2010
Rev Ray wrote:
"The U.S. Marines commandant and chiefs for three other service branches were widely expected to say Friday that they remained reluctant to lift the ban on openly gay service because the troops who expressed the gravest concerns are the ones fighting on the front lines of combat."
So? Those are the less educated, with lower intelligent, rednecks. Good for nothing more than cannon fodder. Not that many gay men and women are going to be in that class anyway.
Maybe if you were just a little more condescending you could come across as even MORE offensive. There are a LOT of gay & lesbians in the Marine Corps.
Richie Haven

San Francisco, CA

#7 Dec 3, 2010
Wow! Who knew the Marines were such a bunch of whining babies who can't follow orders. Not the image they project but, if the Marine commandant says it's so, I guess it must be true.

“ reality, what a concept”

this one

#8 Dec 3, 2010
"The few, the proud, the whimpering that some gay guy might see my junk and not be impressed, the Marines"

"Be all the whiny little homophobe that you can be, in the Army"

Somehow I don't think these new slogans aren't going to sell all that well...

“Proud to be an American”

Since: Oct 09

Clarksville TN

#9 Dec 3, 2010
Rose T-H wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your assessment:)
McCain and the Republicans seem to think that our young men and women are mature enough to spill blood for their Country, or lose body parts for their Country or hell, even die for their Country.......but somehow they aren't mature enough to deal with open Gay and Lesbian Service Members in their unit.......what a crock of BS!!!!!
Not to mention the gay and lesbian troops that are among those young men and women mature enough to spill blood for their country.
John E

Sterling Heights, MI

#10 Dec 3, 2010
The Marines are all bottoms.

#11 Dec 3, 2010
Legal_American wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention the gay and lesbian troops that are among those young men and women mature enough to spill blood for their country.
I agree with you.......but how do we convince a fossil like McCain?

Tawas City, Michigan

#12 Dec 3, 2010
Rose T-H wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you.......but how do we convince a fossil like McCain?
We DON'T. Sen.Diapers is a lost cause. Luckily Collins, Snowe, Brown, Lugar, Voinovich, Murkowski, & Ensign are all likely to support a repeal.

#13 Dec 3, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
We DON'T. Sen.Diapers is a lost cause. Luckily Collins, Snowe, Brown, Lugar, Voinovich, Murkowski, & Ensign are all likely to support a repeal.
Does that give us enough?

Tawas City, Michigan

#14 Dec 3, 2010
Rose T-H wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that give us enough?
Yes, more than enough. We only need 2 or 3 Republicans to get to 60, depending on what Sen Lincoln does.

#15 Dec 3, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, more than enough. We only need 2 or 3 Republicans to get to 60, depending on what Sen Lincoln does.
So, Congress may get this done the way they want.........and save the Courts time for other things:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Us Marines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bayonets, Obama and the art of the pointed poli... (Nov '12) Apr '17 Fort Collins Prog... 2
News Call of duty: Bartlett teen graduates early, fo... (Jul '13) Nov '16 STUART HYMEN 7
Marine Esteban Smith succumbs in the American H... (May '13) May '13 National Whistleb... 1
News US Marines to wind down Afghan combat in 2012 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Cravczec 1
News Marine Corps sends tanks to Afghanistan to supp... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Storm Warning 4
Wizarding World of Harry Potter Now Open! (Jun '10) Jun '10 traveling gal 1
News Knocked out of power in Afghan town, Taliban tu... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Marg 1
More from around the web