Tyler Perry Addresses Gay Rumors

Tyler Perry Addresses Gay Rumors

There are 130 comments on the www.essence.com story from Jul 17, 2007, titled Tyler Perry Addresses Gay Rumors. In it, www.essence.com reports that:

Playwright Tyler Perry ,aka Madea Simmons, finally addresses the hotly discussed topic of his sexuality in this month's issue of Essence Magazine. Essence Magazine

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.essence.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
dipdo

Hamilton, OH

#125 May 4, 2011
debbie wrote:
the man is awesome leave him alone.
Your smoking crack!
STUNO REAL

United States

#126 May 6, 2011
Monique wrote:
I don't believe nothing Media Takeout print.
well if he is who cares. Gay is gay str88 is Str88.
Andy

Washington, DC

#127 May 8, 2011
I am sure Tyler is not Gay. People are jaleous of his fame an try to destroy him. I am fan and adore him, his movies and plays.
Stay ahead Tyler, do not listen no one, do what you have to do to become more successful. You are a God child and he will protect you.
Congratulation again for your movies and plays.
anonmous

Tallahassee, FL

#128 May 17, 2011
shut u tyler perry hatahs, exept for the ones who stood up fo him. All you sh****** are mad because you po broke and ain't not d*** dime of his money and don't won't him to succeed in life but he is and he is doin bettah dan yall m********** hatahs. Yall want him to be gay, SHUT THE H3ll UP and get a d***life. . not for the one that stood up for him once again.
Enough already

United States

#129 Jul 29, 2011
If you guys think Mr. Perry is gay because he dresses up as an act, the Eddie Murphy is, and Dustin Hoffman, Martin Lawrence, and so many others. They're not gay, but they've dressed like this for their careers. And plus his grandmother was probably a big influence in his life, so he be imitating her. This is stereotypes and bull gets started. It's like the game telephone, one person says something and 'bout time it comes back its a whole mess. Get over it and move on, life is more serious than this
funding123

Dallas, TX

#130 Aug 7, 2011
Tyler Perry has TRICKED the public with his sad stories and lies about his rise to fame. He did not write "Diary Of A Mad Black Woman". You may trick the people, but you can't fool GOD. Exodus 22: 3 says if a man steals, he should make "FULL RESTITUTION". "Fantasy Of A Black Woman/1991 and Diay Of A Mad Black Woman/2000. Both have (4) characters with the same names,(76) similiarities. That is not a coincidence. For Mr. Perry to go to Dallas in 1998, to the same theater where the script by Donna West named "Fantasy Of A Black Woman" was left with the theater manager. Which by the way is a friend of Tyler Perry. Now suddenly he ends up releasing the same production in 2000. Making a claim to be able to write from a woman's emotions. Money may win a court case, but money can't change GOD's judgment.
Also, if you were really molested, why are you finding it a joy to wear dresses repeadly and mock women? you should want to put the past behind you. THE PUBLIC NEED TO OPEN THEIR EYES..
Latin_Lovely

United States

#131 Oct 30, 2011
Tyler Perry u are the best keep up the good work . They're are alot of haters cause no one thought u would make it big. I love u and I hope to one day meet u. God Bless U!!!!
lynn jackson

Nashville, TN

#132 Mar 14, 2012
you people always got something to say shut the F UP IF HE WAS to offer to help you ,you would not care if he was gay or not. the truth is that you your self are gay and you are trying to get a scandle going ON but back the hell up not with my brother you will not drag him through the mudd he has been homeless and he got off his butt and did something about it now look at him... and he knows who he is and whom he is and thats GOD...YOU ARE STUPID BELIVE ME HE DON'T GIVE A DAMM WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT HIM HE GOT WHO HE NEEDS AND THAT IS THE LORD YOU REMEMBER THEY TALKED ABOUT (JESUS) AND YOU CAN NOT GET BETTER THAN THAT you need to go some were and read what MR PERRY has to say you just might learn something . you go MR PERRY WITH YO BAD SELF YOU KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOU DO... WHITE HOLLY WOOD ARE YOU MAD THAT A BLACK MAN HAS DONE RISEN..
PAMELA THOMAS

United States

#133 Jul 17, 2012
does it really matter if he's gay or not? he has given us the best in theater and plays because of his Hollywood status he is an easy target for rumors. people remember we all know someone that is gay and they can get the pary jumping LOL so let him without sin cast the first stone.
gud

Inkster, MI

#134 Dec 24, 2013
dot wrote:
<quoted text> So because you work for him that makes you an authority on his sexulity ? Does he take his staff into his confidence about his personal ongoings ? The fact is none of us really know without a shadow of a doubt whether he is or isn't. Only God, Tyler, and his significant others know.
what the heck is ur problem,are u his gay partner.if u are gud. if not stop being persistent about what u can't defend.he is not gay believe or not stop taking delight in painting him bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyler Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Podcast is 2 whites guys trying to watch ev... Jul '16 VVCPN 1
Tyler Perry's Mailing Address (Aug '07) Jan '16 wandapatrick 34
News Stars and others react to 'Interview' cancellation (Dec '14) Dec '14 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 11
News Third Season of Tyler Perry's for Better or Wor... (Sep '13) Dec '13 Teya 2
News Hot Property: Tyler Perry sells Hollywood Hills... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Help my poor cousin 2
News Atlanta Is Becoming The Hollywood Of The South (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ese Holmes 2016 1
tyler perry (Nov '12) Nov '12 joy 1
More from around the web