Tyler Perry Addresses Gay Rumors

Tyler Perry Addresses Gay Rumors

There are 130 comments on the www.essence.com story from Jul 17, 2007, titled Tyler Perry Addresses Gay Rumors. In it, www.essence.com reports that:

Playwright Tyler Perry ,aka Madea Simmons, finally addresses the hotly discussed topic of his sexuality in this month's issue of Essence Magazine. Essence Magazine

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.essence.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Support Southern Artist”

Since: Jun 07

Auburn, AL

#1 Jul 18, 2007
Once and for all, he's put those allegations to rest !
Dee Dee

United States

#2 Jul 23, 2007
I don't think so. It didn't take 24 hours for Media Takeout to print a rebutal, stating that Tyler evaded the question of wheter or not he's gay. They say he danced all around the issue. Read the story in Essence and decide for yourself.
sylvia

Lower Sackville, Canada

#3 Jul 24, 2007
I think people should woorry about themselves.You are a single black man and making it big and that scares white people. So thats y they say that ur gay. Keep ur head up and worry about nobody.In North Preston Dartmouth,Nova Scotia, Canada. In this little community we worry about nobody and we say F# them. They dont have what we have so they try hard to put it on us
Dee Dee

United States

#4 Jul 24, 2007
So you're saying that you think this has all been organizes by white hollywood in order to make him lose prestige ?
Monique

United States

#5 Jul 29, 2007
I don't believe nothing Media Takeout print.
babydoll

United States

#6 Jul 30, 2007
Maybe he's not gay but his mannerisms sure say gay !!!!!
Iwasborn2Win

Easley, SC

#7 Aug 4, 2007
I work for him and believe me you he's not gay.
dot

United States

#8 Aug 5, 2007
Iwasborn2Win wrote:
I work for him and believe me you he's not gay.
So because you work for him that makes you an authority on his sexulity ? Does he take his staff into his confidence about his personal ongoings ? The fact is none of us really know without a shadow of a doubt whether he is or isn't. Only God, Tyler, and his significant others know.

Since: Jul 07

Atlanta

#9 Aug 7, 2007
i totally agree..
kay kay

AOL

#10 Aug 7, 2007
Tyler erry is not gay so shut up and stop hatin on him cause he single wit alot of bread.
LOL

Auburn, AL

#11 Aug 9, 2007
kay kay wrote:
Tyler erry is not gay so shut up and stop hatin on him cause he single wit alot of bread.
He must have told you ?

Atlanta

#12 Aug 11, 2007
lol

“Support Southern Artist”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#13 Aug 11, 2007
Okay girls...play nice,lol !
tylersno1 Fan

Bardstown, KY

#14 Aug 15, 2007
Who cares???? Who really cares??? The Man's work is awesome.. His messages always positive.. People have to always try and find something negative about something positive.. Leave the man alone and let him continue to do God's work..
tpsfannum1

United States

#15 Aug 15, 2007
tylersno1 Fan wrote:
Who cares???? Who really cares??? The Man's work is awesome.. His messages always positive.. People have to always try and find something negative about something positive.. Leave the man alone and let him continue to do God's work..
I care ! He's say he aint gay and I'm happy about that !!!
tcb

United States

#16 Aug 17, 2007
I'm glad he stepped up and told the truth. He's straight and wanted everybody to know !
rachealpluscious p

Decatur, GA

#17 Aug 19, 2007
I do not think that the man is gay.but the peope in new orleans says that he had an affair with a man in thier country.but i do not care what other people say i still like him cause he is a real funny guy.
tcb

United States

#18 Aug 19, 2007
sometimes when young men are molested , they have a brief period of confusion about their sexuality but later come to understand who they are. Society will have you believe that men who have had encounters with other men, can never be straight but that's the farthest thing from the truth. It it very common for this transformation and I personally know men who,once experienced this confusion , but who are now living with , enjoying, and satisfied with their heterosexuality. Wake up world, there's nothing too hard for God !!!!!!!!!!

Atlanta

#19 Aug 19, 2007
rachealplusciousp wrote:
I do not think that the man is gay.but the peope in new orleans says that he had an affair with a man in thier country.but i do not care what other people say i still like him cause he is a real funny guy.
I HAVENT HEARD THAT ONE >>>>>>> >>> AND I HEAR ALOT OF STUFF

BUT I DO AGREE MEN THAT HAVE BEEN MOLESTED DO STRUGGLE WITH THEIR SEXUALITY AND I DO BELIEVE THE CAN RECOVER FROM IT NOT ALL BUT SOME
tcb

United States

#20 Aug 19, 2007
kempy wrote:
<quoted text>
I HAVENT HEARD THAT ONE >>>>>>> >>> AND I HEAR ALOT OF STUFF
BUT I DO AGREE MEN THAT HAVE BEEN MOLESTED DO STRUGGLE WITH THEIR SEXUALITY AND I DO BELIEVE THE CAN RECOVER FROM IT NOT ALL BUT SOME

I had heard that one before but what's important is the way he lives his life in the present :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyler Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tyler Perry's Mailing Address (Aug '07) Dec '17 Kathy LeBlanc 37
News Tyler Perry's 'Madea' tops Cruise's 'Jack Reach... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Dr Wu 1
New Podcast is 2 whites guys trying to watch ev... (Jul '16) Jul '16 VVCPN 1
News Stars and others react to 'Interview' cancellation (Dec '14) Dec '14 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 11
News Third Season of Tyler Perry's for Better or Wor... (Sep '13) Dec '13 Teya 2
News Hot Property: Tyler Perry sells Hollywood Hills... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Help my poor cousin 2
News Atlanta Is Becoming The Hollywood Of The South (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ese Holmes 2016 1