'Precious' aims to translate buzz int...

'Precious' aims to translate buzz into box office gold

There are 6 comments on the Fox13Now story from Nov 5, 2009, titled 'Precious' aims to translate buzz into box office gold. In it, Fox13Now reports that:

"Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire" has attracted abundant film festival awards and critical raves , including enthusiastic endorsements from talk-show host Oprah Winfrey and filmmaker Tyler Perry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

Cotina Holmes

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2009
I have always loved Tyler.I am very disappointed that the movie Precious did not show as advertised in New Orleans. This is a city that needs to move up the pace. We are always last to see the things we are most interested in.Tyler Perry is a big inspiration to a lot of young people and the movie are motivational to many and New Orleans needs that. Thank you so much and keep up the good work.I love you Tyler come to the N.O. SOON
Cotina Holmes

United States

#2 Nov 6, 2009
We love you Tyler.
Nikki

United States

#3 Nov 6, 2009
I am also disappointed that Precious is not showing anywhere in LA. I've seen many previews and was interested in the movie. I feel like this movie would be an inspiration to a lot of young girls. This movie seems to be something very real and especially real to black teenage girls. I wish someone would reconsider, I'm sure many women would like to bond with their daughters by watching Precious.
JRiddick

Woodbridge, VA

#4 Nov 7, 2009
I read this book and it is a very serious story. I am going to see it. However looking in the paper it looks like Oprah and Tyle are headed for some form of "trickery" It is only shown is " selected theaters " during the week and selected times .
wHY ??? IS THIS A SET UP FOR FAILURE......
It can become a must see for black audience but it needs to be offered the same show time as any other block buster to suceed...
JxOxHxN

New Orleans, LA

#5 Nov 9, 2009
Actually, if you go to www.weareallprecious.com and look at the dates and showtimes for the movie, you can see that on November 20th, the movie "Precious" will be shown in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Hammond, Louisiana.
Commonque

Lexington, SC

#6 Nov 17, 2009
why is precious only going to be showing in hammond and baton rouge what about neworleans and slidell,la we have been waiting and calling for this movie and its very dissappointing that you would have to travel waty to hammond and baton rouge just to see a movie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyler Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Podcast is 2 whites guys trying to watch ev... Jul 7 VVCPN 1
Tyler Perry's Mailing Address (Aug '07) Jan '16 wandapatrick 34
News Stars and others react to 'Interview' cancellation (Dec '14) Dec '14 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 11
News Tyler Perry Addresses Gay Rumors (Jul '07) Dec '13 gud 130
News Third Season of Tyler Perry's for Better or Wor... (Sep '13) Dec '13 Teya 2
News Hot Property: Tyler Perry sells Hollywood Hills... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Help my poor cousin 2
News Atlanta Is Becoming The Hollywood Of The South (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ese Holmes 2016 1
More from around the web