Tyler Perry Needs to Make Changes

Tyler Perry Needs to Make Changes

Posted in the Tyler Perry Forum

“I can see Russia from my house”

Since: May 10

Mullen, NE

#1 Jun 2, 2012
First of all, Perry is one of the most talented in his business. His Madea movie series is the best of the best.

I do note problems with his movies. They are TOO black. It reminds me of the discrimination of series like the Brady Bunch. How many black people did we see in that or other movies and shows of that time? Not many and the ones who were in them were not paid well. It was horrible and not a true picture of American culture because we had many African Americans being ignored.

Today, we see many movies giving us a close average of society with the various people who are American. I don't even like the term African American because you are either American or not. I don't like the term white like you fill out at a hospital. So what if you are white or black or whatever? You are either American or not. No such thing as German or Irish American and no such thing as Latin or African American either.

Perry, likely unknowingly with a good heart trying to help the black community fails at making his movies more realistic with some white people in them. There are still a lot of white people and likely as many white as black see his movies. He doesn't need to have a white person to be main character as in the family but he needs to give a white person a substantial role such as a neighbor or something who is not racist and someone Madea trusts as a friend. Maybe Madea could have a friend who happens to be white and then continue to make the movies based on a black family.

That is my opinion but I thin Perry is fantastic. I think he is too good a Christian to be a bigot. I think he simply might be forgetting that perhaps if he looked at his movies, they lack inclusion just the way old movies did per black people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyler Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tyler Perry's 'Madea' tops Cruise's 'Jack Reach... Oct '16 Dr Wu 1
New Podcast is 2 whites guys trying to watch ev... (Jul '16) Jul '16 VVCPN 1
Tyler Perry's Mailing Address (Aug '07) Jan '16 wandapatrick 34
News Stars and others react to 'Interview' cancellation (Dec '14) Dec '14 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 11
News Tyler Perry Addresses Gay Rumors (Jul '07) Dec '13 gud 130
News Third Season of Tyler Perry's for Better or Wor... (Sep '13) Dec '13 Teya 2
News Hot Property: Tyler Perry sells Hollywood Hills... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Help my poor cousin 2
More from around the web