ALICIA KEYS EXPLAINS 'CONSPIRACY' REM...

ALICIA KEYS EXPLAINS 'CONSPIRACY' REMARKS: She says her gangsta rap theories were 'misinterpreted.'

There are 30 comments on the www.eurweb.com story from Apr 16, 2008, titled ALICIA KEYS EXPLAINS 'CONSPIRACY' REMARKS: She says her gangsta rap theories were 'misinterpreted.'. In it, www.eurweb.com reports that:

*During an appearance on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show Tuesday, Alicia Keys clarified her headline-making remarks about gangster rap that appears in the latest issue of Blender magazine. When contacted by EUR to respond to Keys' assertion that she was 'misinterpreted,' the publication said that it standing by its story.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.eurweb.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PREACHERWOMAN

Kansas City, MO

#1 Apr 16, 2008
Sometimes it's best not to make remarks...or do like the old folks say, "think before you speak."

Since: Apr 08

Maywood, CA

#2 Apr 16, 2008
Oh, she means that since there is now a negative fallout from her idiotic assertions of a conspiracy of originating Gangsta Rap as a method to kill black people, she has been misinterpreted. When the hell are people going to start taking responsibility for the consequences of what they say? Alicia, honey, you are a beautiful woman that makes deliciously beautiful music, but you are being unduly influenced by black conspiracy nuts that pervade black culture and are implanted within the community of blacks. You would be better off to apologize and retract your statement as foolish posturing from simple excitement of learning something new, to rebuking this nonsense for what it is, nonsense. Because if you don't, then I hope you socked enough money away for the lean times when people stop buying your records.
gerri-berri

Dumfries, VA

#3 Apr 16, 2008
Wow! Feel the major breeze generated by all that frantic backpedaling!
annie

Orlando, FL

#4 Apr 16, 2008
Backtracking.
linda

Littleton, CO

#6 Apr 16, 2008
hey alicia you look just like my grandduaghter and that is beauty only skin deep but back to your thing with gangster rap you do what your heart tells yous to that the way of life now days do what we got to do to the fullist to make a life for the click around us by the wat im a triple o'ggg gangster greatgrandmother from 27 block

“C'thulu dreams in the deep”

Since: May 07

Somewhere In, MS

#9 Apr 17, 2008
Don't Back Down, girl, state your point and stand behind it! Don't let your 'handlers' try to shut you up because they're in bed with these thugs! We have GOT TO STAND UP as a community and stop letting these jackasses define what it is to be Black in America!!!! My boys don't walk around with their ass and underwear hanging out and calling their mother and sisters bitches and ho's because IT WONT BE TOLERATED! I would hike those pants up with my FOOT!'GANGSTA' rap is on its way out and good riddance, it has already ruined the reputation of HipHop as a music genre and US as a community. Every 'hit' these days is a song about damn strippers on the pole waiting for it to 'rain' while they 'get low'. Screw that,Alicia, you are a multimillionaire because of actual TALENT, MUSICAL ABILITY, SONGWRITING SKILLS and you don't walk around with your ass hangin out. R.I.P. Gangstas, your day is OVER!
JCo

Ontario, CA

#11 Apr 17, 2008
First Gangsta Rap has nothing to do with strippers and if a woman sleeps around with men for money shes a ho its REALITY, open your eyes. Ice cube is gangsta rap 2pac is gangsta rap they rap about struggles and real conspiracy. Like over packed jails and police murder, these new "hits" is considered club music there is a big difference, and as for miss Alicia Keys I remember her making a song called gangsta love with EVE and making a violent film were shes running around with a gun in her hand, now how is that not bad for the kids do your research before you make comments about something you have no idea about. And if MTV defines what being black is to you, I think you have a bigger problem. Dr. King, X, and Ali thats black.
Weiss C wrote:
Don't Back Down, girl, state your point and stand behind it! Don't let your 'handlers' try to shut you up because they're in bed with these thugs! We have GOT TO STAND UP as a community and stop letting these jackasses define what it is to be Black in America!!!! My boys don't walk around with their ass and underwear hanging out and calling their mother and sisters bitches and ho's because IT WONT BE TOLERATED! I would hike those pants up with my FOOT!'GANGSTA' rap is on its way out and good riddance, it has already ruined the reputation of HipHop as a music genre and US as a community. Every 'hit' these days is a song about damn strippers on the pole waiting for it to 'rain' while they 'get low'. Screw that,Alicia, you are a multimillionaire because of actual TALENT, MUSICAL ABILITY, SONGWRITING SKILLS and you don't walk around with your ass hangin out. R.I.P. Gangstas, your day is OVER!

“Good luck with that”

Since: Dec 07

Eden Praire

#12 Apr 17, 2008
Calling the attention surrounding her remarks "disappointing," Keys added, "All the things that I try to do to inspire people and it rarely gets nearly this much attention."

This line from the article says it all.... She should just lay it all on the line and say.."Now that I've made up a conspiracy and have recieved national attention for it, I'de like you all to see my new album."
Billy

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Apr 17, 2008
Geez, I never hear Asian people CRY about EVERYTHING. Ironically, they are alien to this country, but they come here - LEGALLY, work hard and just get it done.

Alicia needs to set an example of someone who "Got it done" despite whatever shortcomings she percieves. People get out of life what they put into it.

Black people need to find their big girl panties and get them on and get over it. The Scots were brutilized by the Engish, somewhere in anytime frame someone brutilzed some race, some person, some culture...I wonder why the Europeans don't contunually sue and blame the Romans, afterall, many were made slaves or gladiators or whatever.....GET OVER IT and act your self into thinking, rather than blaming everyone and playing the POOR ME CRAP.

yes we screwed up with slavery, but ask yourself how many WHITE PEOPLE died and willingly gave their lives to fix what was wrong. I don't hear their families cryin and cryin and cryin, and I degfinetly don't hear black people thanking them for fixing a horrible wrong.

gerri-berri

Dumfries, VA

#14 Apr 17, 2008
Billy wrote:
Geez, I never hear Asian people CRY about EVERYTHING. Ironically, they are alien to this country, but they come here - LEGALLY, work hard and just get it done.
Alicia needs to set an example of someone who "Got it done" despite whatever shortcomings she percieves. People get out of life what they put into it.
Black people need to find their big girl panties and get them on and get over it. The Scots were brutilized by the Engish, somewhere in anytime frame someone brutilzed some race, some person, some culture...I wonder why the Europeans don't contunually sue and blame the Romans, afterall, many were made slaves or gladiators or whatever.....GET OVER IT and act your self into thinking, rather than blaming everyone and playing the POOR ME CRAP.
yes we screwed up with slavery, but ask yourself how many WHITE PEOPLE died and willingly gave their lives to fix what was wrong. I don't hear their families cryin and cryin and cryin, and I degfinetly don't hear black people thanking them for fixing a horrible wrong.
Plus, don't forget that the United States put pretty much anyone that looked Asian into camps after Pearl Harbor.

“C'thulu dreams in the deep”

Since: May 07

Somewhere In, MS

#16 Apr 17, 2008
JCo wrote:
First Gangsta Rap has nothing to do with strippers and if a woman sleeps around with men for money shes a ho its REALITY, open your eyes. Ice cube is gangsta rap 2pac is gangsta rap they rap about struggles and real conspiracy. Like over packed jails and police murder, these new "hits" is considered club music there is a big difference, and as for miss Alicia Keys I remember her making a song called gangsta love with EVE and making a violent film were shes running around with a gun in her hand, now how is that not bad for the kids do your research before you make comments about something you have no idea about. And if MTV defines what being black is to you, I think you have a bigger problem. Dr. King, X, and Ali thats black.
<quoted text>
Uh, no, JCo, my being BLACK,my African ANCESTRY, and my years on this planet DEFINE what being Black is to me, not MTV or BET, or LMNOP. And IceCube and 2Pac are NOT whats being played on the radio currently, its Flo-Rida, and L'il Wayne, and Birdman, and Akon. Where HipHop once had a voice expressing what was going on in PARTS of the Black community, it has been coopted by rappers who are providing nothing but a 21st century minstrel show. Name one 'hitmaking' rapper in the last few years with releases talking about any of the subjects you listed? You can't. And WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE with what bourgie term you use to describe 'CLUB MUSIC'? Its still about BITCHES, HO'S, STRIPPERS, THE POLE, SELLING CRACK, KILLING OTHER BLACK MEN, AND ENDLESS BABY-MOMMAS. If that is YOUR definition of what it is to Black in America for yourself, YOU are the one with the problem. To many of your black forefathers and mothers were actually murdered and raped and enslaved before you so that you could have the rights you have now. You should be ashamed of that 'CLUB MUSIC' crap, but are obviously too young to appreciate your actual history in this country, and to uninformed to speak as if you are superior to me.

Since: Apr 08

Netherlands

#17 Apr 18, 2008
I love her!!!
Photographers can shoot amazing pics of her beautifull face.
heck these awesome pictures of alicia keys
http://www.whoozz.com/forum/Topic611-97-1.asp...
leo from shanghai

United States

#18 Apr 18, 2008
17 chicago public school students killed in first quarter of 2008. 68 murdered students by xmas?
MotorHead360

UK

#19 Apr 18, 2008
Alicia Keys is soooo rubbish!!!
AZR 1

Newport News, VA

#20 Apr 18, 2008
Who cares what Alicia keys opinion's are? She's an entertainer. not a politician. We should be worried about what the president say's what your government say's. Not what some R&B singer has to say about gangster rap. and as far as gangster rappers. Real gangster dont speak. So if all your fav. gangster are real gangsters then that means they're a bunch of snitches. fake a$$.
BeingWise

Johnson City, TN

#21 Apr 18, 2008
I really believe that Alicia Keys is a great musical artist with a wonderful and mellow personality,which tells me in and of itself that she is not what people are trying to make her out to be.The press these days are always putting out lies by twisting their stories just so they can sell garbage and line their pockets.Seems like with society these people would rather believe the negative than the positive.That is what is keeping the tabloids in business.People need to stop believing anything and everything.This is terribly rediculous.
Kenny

Mastic, NY

#22 Apr 18, 2008
Alicia, don't let the media get to you. As a American citizen you have a right to free speech. Just keep doing what you do, because you do it so well.
Billy

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Apr 18, 2008
gerri-berri wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus, don't forget that the United States put pretty much anyone that looked Asian into camps after Pearl Harbor.
Yes, that was discraceful, yet they AREN'T CRYIN and living in the past....they moved on and work to make a better life for themselves....your point is what?

“Good luck with that”

Since: Dec 07

Eden Praire

#24 Apr 18, 2008
BeingWise wrote:
I really believe that Alicia Keys is a great musical artist with a wonderful and mellow personality,which tells me in and of itself that she is not what people are trying to make her out to be.The press these days are always putting out lies by twisting their stories just so they can sell garbage and line their pockets.Seems like with society these people would rather believe the negative than the positive.That is what is keeping the tabloids in business.People need to stop believing anything and everything.This is terribly rediculous.
While i agree with you that we need to be careful about what we believe, Alicia Keys has never denied her statements. If she had, I'de be willing to listen. She is only stating here that they were "misinterpreted" and she actually backs up her initial statements.

I'll be the first to jump up and criticize the media and how quick we are to believe the junk we hear from them, but this was all about publicity for Keys.

And look, it worked.
BeingWise

Johnson City, TN

#25 Apr 18, 2008
Thank you for understanding me...Even though Alicia Keys said what she said,only she knows the reason why and im not going to look down on her regardless.For me to judge another makes me feel awkward and out of place and i know that im not perfect.But life goes on..Seems like nowadays somethings a person says could also be understood the wrong way also.I mean really,society have become so judgemental these days,to the nth degree.So much hate and negativity in society today...And if you say anything about race and religion,its suddenly extreme hostility and world war 3.People expect you to be perfect,no one is.There is so much more going in the world that we should be concerned about.Both here and abroad.There are people in the world who are going through things that don't care about what a celebrity said because they are too busy struggling.Let us be ourselves and let Alicia Keys be herself and everyone else for that matter.We are who we are and we have to get up everyday and live with ourselves and the things we say and do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tupac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News T.I. Breaks Code Of Silence? Tupac Vs. B.I.G, W... (Apr '08) Jan '17 Lulo 177
News Sri Lankan church prints Tupac lyrics by accident (Dec '16) Dec '16 Spotted Girl 4
News Holograms of Michael Jackson and another dancer... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Gingerfig 1
News Unreleased Tupac Music And Lyrics Up For Sale (Mar '16) Mar '16 Johnny 1
News Tupac Shakur -- Alive? (Dec '15) Dec '15 conspiracydogg 1
News The CIA is tweeting things about rap murder con... (Jul '14) Dec '15 MaltaMon 3
News Alicia Keys Racist? Feeds 'Government Hates Bla... (Jul '08) Jul '15 Mighty wighty 394
More from around the web