Aussies in running for Grammy gongs

Aussies in running for Grammy gongs

There are 3 comments on the The West Australian story from Dec 4, 2008, titled Aussies in running for Grammy gongs. In it, The West Australian reports that:

Kylie Mingogue, AC/DC, Sam Sparro and Keith Urban will be flying the Australian flag at the 51st Grammy Awards in February.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The West Australian.

Giggles

Australia

#1 Dec 5, 2008
Ain't no keeping those dinky di Aussie muso's out of the running of the highest achievers in world music ... With those more experienced like, Keith Urban, Kylie Minogue and AC/DC holding on tight to their longevity and entertainability, enhanced by their "true blue" roots and early education in the land down under, to their notoriety and fame around the globe ...

With talented newcomer Sam Sparro joining the Grammy nominations list, living the dream and no doubt taking a lot of notice from his more well known and established Australian music artists ...

They proudly represent themselves and the land they love, under the Southern Cross ...

Let that flag fly high ... GO AUSSIE GO !!!
dove

Bellville, South Africa

#2 Dec 5, 2008
what nationality is Trisha Yearwood? anybody know? I would venture to say that Keith 'represents' the Nashville music scene - he even sings in an American accent - Nicole stressed that he is into American Country Music; which she said did not exist in Oz - hence his relocation there [she must surely know him best!!]. But then, even though Oz does not fete keith, they still want to 'own' him. Just like it is 'our Nic'... even though she was born elsewhere and has spent her entire adult life in the US - calling herself "a citizen of the world" - not "Australian" [I suppose it depends what country she is in and which press she is talking too - expediency always being her apparent motive]. I remember for years [when I lived there] Oz disowned Kylie ... but when she became big in the UK, where she has been resident her entire adult life, suddenly Oz claims her too as 'theirs'. It is well and good to be proud and to bask in shared [and proven] limelight; but one does need to keep the facts straight! Keith really needs this win at this point - so I guess he needs all the support he can get. don't know if anyone else has noticed, but in all of the pictures of the whirlwind promo euro tour for the film australia [and there have been tons], I find virtually no interaction from Nicole with Keith ... not a single picture where she is looking at him ... it is as though he is invisible. I can see him being the doting husband and father but all she does is look and smile at the cameras ... including the papparazzi's - or she looks down; but never at Keith; never a smile for him. There are a couple of pics of her looking at Sunday trying to kiss her ... but in those pics it looks like Sunday is trying to get away. I may [and most likely] be wrong, but my gut feeling tells me the romantic intimacy between Nicole and Keith is gone. Note my words:'I may be wrong'; but body language tells us much. I just look at the pics of Keith and feel sad ... don't know why, but I do.
dove

Bellville, South Africa

#3 Dec 5, 2008
AC/DC are hot!!!! and what longevity, yes Colleen! they still hang out in Oz, don't they?

I was amazed at how lonnnnnggggg the list of nominations is - i.e. the huge amount of categories ... is that why the award ceremony goes on for about 7 hours???

Red Bull & Voddies must be the big hit of the night!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trisha Yearwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Armed with hits, Garth Brooks finds a home in B... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Reese 1
News Trisha Yearwood Looks Back on Her Experience Pe... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fa-Foxy 2
News Kelly Clarkson takes daughter River Rose to Gar... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Francine Fishpaw 1
News Garth Brooks about to announce comeback tour? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Chuy 1
what song is... (Feb '14) Feb '14 rennman 1
News 5 things to know in Florida for Dec. 17 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Allera 1
News Stars to come out for Clarkson Christmas show (Dec '13) Dec '13 Boshnick 4
More from around the web