'South Park' producers say network cut fear speech

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

Producers of "South Park" said Thursday that Comedy Central removed a speech about intimidation and fear from their show after a radical Muslim group warned that they could be killed for insulting the Prophet Muhammad.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jesse

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Jeffrey Toobin on TV this morning explaining that the threat, warning or progostication, whatever it was, wasn't specific enough to warrant arrest. No what we really should be concerned about is the seditious, radical, intolerant, hateful and racist tea party members who have expressed opposition to the health care bill. Now there is a true threat.
why do you hate america and freedom
Gabriel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Judged:

DUDE,some people on this forum really need to learn how to spell.
Karen Zimmerman

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

I think the people behind Comedy Central are moral cowards and hypocrits. They freely attack and mock Christians and Jesus all the time because they know they can get away with it, but they run scared when it comes to offending Muslims who take their religion deadly serious.

They (Comedy Central) should either be equally offensive to every religion or not offensive to any. Preferably the latter.
equal opp offender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Gabriel wrote:
DUDE,some people on this forum really need to learn how to spell.
what do you want road scholars? these zombies watch southpark for christ sake. take what you can get. LMFAO!
Roe

Roberts, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Thanks for the spoiler alert, jerk.
So What

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

James Dee wrote:
Let me get this straight. No one threatened to kill anybody. A rational Muslim simply warned them that some crazy Muslims "might" harm them over a perceived insult to Muhammad.
You used "rational" and "muslim" (I don't capitalize their name for a reason) in the same sentence? What, are you nuts, too?
Paco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

You Are Slipping wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to blame Obama.
And Hussein forgot to blame Bush...call it even.
Paco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

James Dee wrote:
Let me get this straight. No one threatened to kill anybody. A rational Muslim simply warned them that some crazy Muslims "might" harm them over a perceived insult to Muhammad.
What is a "rational" Muslim? Someone who says don't practice free speech because harm might befall you? That's a chicken shite way of agreeing with the threat! A rational Muslim would be condemning the extemists. Haven't heard one yet!
Cartman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

equal opp offender wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you want road scholars? these zombies watch southpark for christ sake. take what you can get. LMFAO!
This, from somebody who forgets to capalize the first word of a sentence? Southpark is a proper noun and should be capalized as well, you brainless twit. Stop looking in the mirror when you call someone a Zombie!

“Live Forever, or Die Trying”

Since: Dec 09

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Cartman wrote:
<quoted text>
This, from somebody who forgets to capalize the first word of a sentence? Southpark is a proper noun and should be capalized as well, you brainless twit. Stop looking in the mirror when you call someone a Zombie!
Not to mention that it is "RHODES SCHOLAR" not "what do you want road scholars?"

The funniest part of Equal Opp Offenders post is that he was replying to someone complaining about spelling.

Nothing ironic there.(Sarcasm ON)
James Dee

Howe, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

So What wrote:
<quoted text>You used "rational" and "muslim" (I don't capitalize their name for a reason) in the same sentence? What, are you nuts, too?
No, but it's obvious that you are.
James Dee

Howe, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Paco wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a "rational" Muslim? Someone who says don't practice free speech because harm might befall you? That's a chicken shite way of agreeing with the threat! A rational Muslim would be condemning the extemists. Haven't heard one yet!
If someone was in danger, wouldn't you warn them? I didn't read that the Muslim in question wanted them not to exercise their free speech, but rather was just giving them a heads up.

I've heard a number of Muslims condemn the extremists. Muhamaad Ali, for one. My good friend and former college roommate Farshad Monjazeb for another.
Fred

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

Allah is not the true God. The Lord God of Israel is the only God. Allah is nothing more than Satan's little whore. Jesus will cast Allah and Mohammad and their followers into the lake of fire. Also Jesus will cast anyone associated with the Blasphemies that South Park have committed against him into the fire too unless they repent of their sin.
Snark Attack

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Fred wrote:
Allah is not the true God. The Lord God of Israel is the only God. Allah is nothing more than Satan's little ****. Jesus will cast Allah and Mohammad and their followers into the lake of fire. Also Jesus will cast anyone associated with the Blasphemies that South Park have committed against him into the fire too unless they repent of their sin.
Shouldn't you be protesting gays at a soldiers funneral or something?
Fred

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Snark Attack wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be protesting gays at a soldiers funneral or something?
Whats the matter,can't handle the truth.
Bonesaw

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Muslim not Moslem but stupid just the same.
Joe Sixpack wrote:
Since when did a "Moslem Web site" run our country?
Bonesaw

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

God is a man made fantasy. so is Allah and Jesus died a long time ago so he can't do anything.
Fred wrote:
Allah is not the true God. The Lord God of Israel is the only God. Allah is nothing more than Satan's little ****. Jesus will cast Allah and Mohammad and their followers into the lake of fire. Also Jesus will cast anyone associated with the Blasphemies that South Park have committed against him into the fire too unless they repent of their sin.
BooYa

Fair Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

Fred wrote:
Allah is not the true God. The Lord God of Israel is the only God. Allah is nothing more than Satan's little whore. Jesus will cast Allah and Mohammad and their followers into the lake of fire. Also Jesus will cast anyone associated with the Blasphemies that South Park have committed against him into the fire too unless they repent of their sin.
This God you constantly praise, pray to and piss your time away on, has it ever done anything for you? Has it ever done a damn thing for the starving, abused, tortured or neglected children of this planet?
Do you really believe that its absence from and neglect of the human species actually signifies love?
You quote the scripture written by 2000 year old tent dwellers as gospel and a guide for your moral compass yet; these same barbarians raped children, murdered at will and wiped out entire cities.
Quite the role models I must say.
You speak of this god loving the human species as if they were its own children yet, the same god threatens to torture people forever if we choose not to worship it.
What kind of psychotic freak would even consider torturing his or her children for a second let alone for eternity?
Your time would be better spent improving yourself and helping others then wasting it obsessing over some indifferent deity.
Snark Attack

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats the matter,can't handle the truth.
Even if you believe in JC it is a big stretch to think that he is some kind of vindictive being with no sense of humor. Personally I think that JC would love South Park for pointing our hypocrisy, wherever it may be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Trey Parker Discussions

Search the Trey Parker Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How long does it take to become local? (Dec '12) Oct '13 Lealohas girlfriend 232
'South Park' creator skips court, delaying tria... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
Report Claims Church of Scientology Went After ... (Oct '11) Dec '12 alf 8
Radical Muslim group warns 'South Park' creator... (Apr '10) Oct '12 Kenneth wilder 21
Lobbyist Leo Boyle invested in The Book of Morm... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
'South Park' banned from showing Muhammad (Apr '06) Feb '12 may2285 28
Mormon Missionaries Deserve Respect (Jan '12) Jan '12 Osirica 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••