n00bmiester

Lloydminster, Canada

#1 Jan 29, 2007
South Park has gotten a lot of things right in the past but they totally fucked up their facts on this one. If your going to make an episode about Mormons atleast get it right. 1st, they call themselves The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, "Mormon" is just a slang term that other people came up with because of the name of The Book of Mormon. 2nd, No idea where they got teh whole translating out of the book and "Spiritual Light"? I know some Mormons and asked them about it and the fact is that is totally not what they beleive...3rd everyone hated Joseph Smith for what he said happened, no one rejoiced, they fucking killed him for christ sakes. I think this is the only episode that they have totally fucked up.
I'm done ranting
Nate R

Kalispell, MT

#2 Feb 9, 2007
Yeah really.

And what's all the crap about him reading out of a hat??? That is the randomest thing ever. And what are they talking about - he thought that native americans were "used to be white people" from jerusalem or whatever???? I've been a mormon my whole life, I'm 16. And I have never heard of that before.
Nate R

Kalispell, MT

#3 Feb 9, 2007
Oh, something else. We believe he used seeing stones for translating, so... every religion has some ancient artifacts or something they beleive in like that. And Martin Harris' wife gave those translated pages to some people who hated Joseph Smith so that they could change what they said, and then tell Joseph to translate them again, and point out the differences to prove him a fraud. That was their whole plan! JOSPEH KNEW THAT AND THAT'S WHY HE DIDN'T RETRANSLATE THEM.
Nate R

Kalispell, MT

#4 Feb 9, 2007
BTW I love South Park it rocks.
But that shit pissed me off.

srry for so many posts.
get over it people

United States

#5 Aug 12, 2008
omg im a southern baptist and i dont freak out when they make fun of jc or god. its just a tv series. get over it. stop being sensitive. they mak fun of almost everybody is what makes them so great. it thought it was one of the funniest episodes. why would you believe that about the mormens seeing it on south park any way. its just a comedy show. of course thats not how they got their religion. thats just commen scence. oh wait you dont beliveve in the pig man do you. haha.. another great one.
FUNNY EPISODE

United States

#6 Aug 12, 2008
omg im a southern baptist and i dont get pissed off when they make of of jesus crist or god. if i was sensitive like you guys i would have freaked out when they put what god looked like.or when they make fun of jc or god. but id did not becuase they are a comedy series. comedy okay. they are great becuase they are funny and they male fun of almost everybody. stop being so sensitive. only a vary gulabole peson would take south park serious. really guys. i did not believe that becuase it sounds rediculas. which is why its so funny. let me guess you guys believe in the pig man right. LIGHTEN UP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trey Parker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'South Park' Guys Aid 'Kenny vs. Spenny' - Matt... (Dec '07) Aug '14 ben 29
News How long does it take to become local? (Dec '12) Oct '13 Lealohas girlfriend 232
News 'South Park' creator skips court, delaying tria... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Report Claims Church of Scientology Went After ... (Oct '11) Dec '12 alf 8
News Radical Muslim group warns 'South Park' creator... (Apr '10) Oct '12 Kenneth wilder 21
News Lobbyist Leo Boyle invested in The Book of Morm... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News 'South Park' banned from showing Muhammad (Apr '06) Feb '12 may2285 28
More from around the web