'South Park' Creators Get Bolder With...

'South Park' Creators Get Bolder With Age

There are 8 comments on the CBS News story from Mar 5, 2006, titled 'South Park' Creators Get Bolder With Age. In it, CBS News reports that:

"South Park" has gotten grosser over the years _ but its creators are getting away with it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Faith Markham

Charlotte, NC

#1 Mar 14, 2006
Why are you making fun of Christians or his faith of Scientology? Is this show still on the air????

"South Park" co-creator Matt Stone responded sharply in an interview with The Associated Press Monday, saying, "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology... He has no problem - and he's cashed plenty of checks - with our show making fun of Christians."
sharon

Columbia, MO

#2 Mar 14, 2006
kind of a double standard isnt it? Its ok to make fun of the Christians and the jews but Scientology is off limits.
Give me a break! The show is about making fun of different groups and you can always change the channel if it offends you. I agree with Matt Stone 100% let the crybaby go and get someone else. Besides if Issac Hayes has such a problem with the show then why dosent he take some of those checks he made off of this show since 1997 and donate the proceeds to a charity.
Lee DeBoy - Evergreen

Aurora, CO

#3 Mar 14, 2006
Don't let the nay-sayers shut you down. Remember, years ago you did some of the skits in my living room, and at the various concerts at the school, and, while some parents were offended, you are good - both you and Matt. We've had so much fun identifying the various "people", from Evergreen, and Gunnison, and now celebrities. Jeanne is a minor celeberaty because she keeps a photo of The Gang on her table, and every one of the boys who come in with her sons goes "WOW! You actually KNOW Trey Parker?" Keep the faith, dear fellows - we need more satire in these oh so perilous times with all that President Bush is hiding. Thank you for the years of entertainment, and keep on keeping on!!
wtf

United States

#4 Apr 12, 2006
NEW EPISODES OF SOUTH PARK SUCKS!!!! whats wrong with u? the new show are gay. what happen to all the funny stuff? just quit if ur not making any funny shows any more. just quit man.
Travis

United States

#5 Apr 13, 2006
wtf wrote:
NEW EPISODES OF SOUTH PARK SUCKS!!!!
I've never heard of this show "SOUTH PARK SUCKS", sounds like something tommy boy and his cult super adventure friends would create!

I don't know where your sense of humor lies wtf but South Park gets better & better every season and the fact that they are fearless and will spoof anyone puts them at the forefront of excercising their first amendment rights.

BRAVO Trey & Matt! Keep up the fantastic work. You guys are incredible
jessica

Saint Petersburg, FL

#6 Jun 6, 2006
southpark is just smart and interesting is don't sucks. who ever says that southpark sucks you need to watch the show over and over than you get it. the only show that sucks is FAMILY GUY" because this show is unfunny and weird this show needs to get cancelled.
Smart girl

Wallingford, CT

#7 Jun 29, 2006
Jessica is right but now im not aloud to watch the show cause the cartoons doing what we learned in health class.But i saw a episode of family guy and BORING and matt and try do have a big imagination.
Dan

Highland, MI

#8 Jul 30, 2008
I've been watching South Park since I was 10 years old. I am now 20 and I do see some of the 'falling away' that former fans have talked about. Most of their new episodes are really really bizzarre, but I still manage to find humor in them. Le Petite Tourette (The episode making fun of Tourette's) raised a huge uproar but the episode was still amazing. And there are actually a lot of points in the show that people can relate to. Despite the random insanity, satire and nonsense which is where the show's humor lies.

They truly are bold for standing up against what seems to be a towering, undefeatable foe standing over the First Amendment this country used to so valiantly stand for. People might see them as racist as well, but you know what the show makes fun of the most? Dumb white trash people with no morals. Hell, that's what the show is centered around. Aside from Cartman, the typical scheming little fat brat who gets away with everything (I'm sure we've all known at least one Eric Cartman) it seems like all of the kids have better morals than the adults do.

And at times it seems as though the kids are smarter than the adults.

That's happening in the general public. And from what I have seen out of the school system I was taught in, quite a few of the kids were at least twice as smart as any faculty member in the district. The show exploits how screwed up this society has become and how, through it all a group of little kids are pulling it together to make sense of all the madness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trey Parker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'South Park' Guys Aid 'Kenny vs. Spenny' - Matt... (Dec '07) Aug '14 ben 29
News How long does it take to become local? (Dec '12) Oct '13 Lealohas girlfriend 232
News 'South Park' creator skips court, delaying tria... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Report Claims Church of Scientology Went After ... (Oct '11) Dec '12 alf 8
News Radical Muslim group warns 'South Park' creator... (Apr '10) Oct '12 Kenneth wilder 21
News Lobbyist Leo Boyle invested in The Book of Morm... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News 'South Park' banned from showing Muhammad (Apr '06) Feb '12 may2285 28
More from around the web