Country superstar sells out the Phil

One of country music's biggest names comes to Shiprock tonight for a concert at the Phil L. Thomas Performing Arts Center. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aztec Resident

United States

#1 Dec 11, 2010
Has anyone else noticed that the first name of the artist in question never appears and the last name is not even mentioned until someway into the article. If the Times has to hire illiterates for reporters it should at least have a decent copy editor.
Denver fan

Denver, CO

#2 Dec 11, 2010
hahaha YES!! I had to re-read the paragraph 2-3 times to see if I just overlooked it somewhere.
WTF

AOL

#3 Dec 11, 2010
Who the heck is Walker?
free lancer

Tularosa, NM

#4 Dec 11, 2010
Aztec Resident wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the first name of the artist in question never appears and the last name is not even mentioned until someway into the article. If the Times has to hire illiterates for reporters it should at least have a decent copy editor.
I was taught to always put the subject's name in the FIRST sentence. I only deviated once from that and an editor called me on it. What are they teaching reporters nowadays?
Brilliant

Santo Domingo Pueblo, NM

#5 Dec 11, 2010
The DT's headlines have become advertisements.
"In the land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is King."
GoodTimes

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Dec 11, 2010
Had a great time at the concert. The music was great and the crowd was wild. Lots of available women there so I took one home.

If you're reading this sure hope your man didn't find out what you did. Thanks for the good times.
Speedy G

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Dec 11, 2010
I'm glad the white people behaved.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#8 Dec 11, 2010
GoodTimes wrote:
Had a great time at the concert. The music was great and the crowd was wild. Lots of available women there so I took one home.
How come you couldn't get a date?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#9 Dec 11, 2010
Ok, so we know the name of an artist who was here previously--Tracy Lawrence. We also know this article is about an artist whose last name is Walker. Does anyone know the first name, or should we do some detective work by looking up some of the songs mentioned and matching them with a last name, Walker?

This is just too difficult.
Sloppy Journalism

Tempe, AZ

#10 Dec 11, 2010
YOu forgot to cite CLAY WALKER in the first 4 paragraphs and cite only WALKER beginning late in the story.
Whose your editor anyway?

Sometimes one would thinkg an award-winning editor would catch stuff like this, or is this regular Daily Mistake at its best (?)
Sloppy Seconds

Beverly Hills, CA

#11 Dec 11, 2010
Sloppy Journalism wrote:
YOu forgot to cite CLAY WALKER in the first 4 paragraphs and cite only WALKER beginning late in the story.
Whose your editor anyway?
Sometimes one would thinkg an award-winning editor would catch stuff like this, or is this regular Daily Mistake at its best (?)
It is just like a grade school soccer league, they give everyone a trophy.
UseTaBe

United States

#12 Dec 11, 2010
Award-winning editors do not have the task of editing copy. That's the copy editor's job, and those positions were eliminated when the paper was sold to NewsMedia. Either the paper still doesn't need "no stinkin' copy editor", or someone was asleep at the wheel.
LittleWrangler

United States

#13 Dec 11, 2010
Some people need only one name...Cher, Madonna, Beyonce, and now Walker.
Disgusted Citizen

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Dec 11, 2010
Does anybody really care about this....
Speedy G

United States

#15 Dec 11, 2010
Disgusted Citizen wrote:
Does anybody really care about this....
Your mom does, she told me last night.
Long Live Mr Black

Chinle, AZ

#16 Dec 12, 2010
WTF wrote:
Who the heck is Walker?
I though they were talking about Walker- Texas Ranger. Mr. Black always taught to capture the reader in the first two sentences, not the last two. By that time the reader will have turned to the funny papers. Long live Mr. Black and cowboys!
Guess what

Farmington, NM

#17 Dec 12, 2010
DT reports there will be a sale. Important road closure.... Mass evacuations have taken place....Details not important.
twisted

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Dec 12, 2010
MelanieThinker wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you couldn't get a date?
Read carefully next time. He said he went home with someone---so he did have a date, after the concert.
Lee Farminton

AOL

#19 Dec 12, 2010
the music was great afterwards my wife left me for another MAN than my dog returned home and the truck started up right away Wow the power of Country music
Standing Bull

Chinle, AZ

#20 Dec 12, 2010
twisted wrote:
<quoted text>
Read carefully next time. He said he went home with someone---so he did have a date, after the concert.
Have mercy, remember, you're trying to communicate w/ Mel. You have to type slowely. I don't think she would know the contitution of a date.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tracy Lawrence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ronnie Milsap concert at Dixie National Rodeo c... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Donelle Case 1
Tracy Lawrence, concert promoter charged after ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Ray 2
tracy lawrence signed stool (Aug '11) Aug '11 Marie 1
Reba To Be Inducted Into Country Music Hall (Mar '11) Apr '11 Mississippi Man 34
As Any Fool Can... - Tracy Lawre... (Dec '10) Dec '10 jade 1
Sticks And Ston... - Tracy Lawre... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Jenkins 1
Lynyrd Skynyrd takes Foothills Fall Festival by... (Oct '10) Oct '10 sabertoothe 1
More from around the web