Blake Shelton Raises Money for Wildfire Victims

Jul 10, 2006 Read more: Starpulse News Blog
Country star Blake Shelton has handed over $108,000 to officials in his native Oklahoma to help relief efforts coping with the aftermath of recent wildfires in the state. Read more
Linda

Tulsa, OK

#1 Jul 16, 2006
Mr. Shelton might be interested in knowing that the people he gave the $108,000 to in Okla. are not helping SOME people who really need help in rebuilding after the wildfires, at least one family I know of, who were told they would receive help and got their hopes up then were jacked around by certain people over this donation! All they need is help in finishing the structures that they have already bought and paid for, that is, finish the wiring in the house, get the plumbing hooked up right, and insulation and walls in. This family really needs help, they do not want to give up the home they have for some old FEMA trailer that they would have to GIVE BACK in 2 years and be totally homeless. This family has 4 sons, 2 of which will be needing school supplies and clothes very soon. The parents both have serious health problems and do not need the extra stress that this incounter has caused them! They lost everything in the fire, a mobile home, cars, all the kids pets that they still grieve over, the new gun the father needed for his job as a security guard, the Mother lost her new false teeth, these are items they can't replace until he is able to get transportation just to go look for a job in a city 40 miles away! And a certain party (over the donations) has all but called these people "White Trash", I suppose because they ARE IN NEED of help right now. Their kids love living out in the country, and maybe by most people's standards they WOULD be considered POOR, but don't tell the kids because they are happy and healthy! Oh, by the way, had they not been on their way to church that evening, 11/27/05 they would probably be dead and wouldn't need ANYONE'S help!!!!!
linda

Tulsa, OK

#2 Jul 18, 2006
Apparently the family mentioned in my previous post ARE going to receive some assistance from certain organizations that have received donations from various entertainers and others, so I will retract my previous post. I have done more research and have found that these organizations have done a lot of good over the years, helping families recover from disasters etc. God Bless all the volunteers and others who are involved in this. Sorry that I may have misjudged these folks! Please forgive me!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tracy Byrd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mountain Stage set to entertain at Wesleyan Sunday (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dottie 1
News Tracy Byrd (Mar '13) Jun '13 MsEvangeline 25
News Tracy Byrd (Sep '12) Sep '12 MsEvangeline 1
News A-Blake Entertainment Announces Relationship Wi... (Jun '12) Jun '12 almiqui 2
tracy byrd (Oct '11) Jun '12 ckersey 3
News Byrd watching: A guide to Tracy Byrd by the lyrics (Oct '11) Oct '11 personal care in pa 1
News Tracy Byrd cancels all tour dates (Apr '10) Aug '11 janet 2
More from around the web