Tower of Power musician miffed at Alb...

Tower of Power musician miffed at Albuquerque city councilor ov...

There are 15 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Tower of Power musician miffed at Albuquerque city councilor ov.... In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The drummer for funk and soul band Tower of Power is upset with an Albuquerque city councilor for going backstage uninvited after a recent performance and walking away with a set of drumsticks and a slice of pizza.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

arrogance

Encino, NM

#2 Feb 10, 2010
Typical arrogance of these politicians. They are 99% sc um.
not an ese

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Feb 10, 2010
horale.....its not enough that they tax us to death.....now he has to steal the vatos drumsticks..????? wtf..???? que pues homes...te watcho
Little Drummer Girl

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Feb 10, 2010
What a couple of arrogant fools, Harris and our friend Debbie Maclaughlin. A percussionist's drumsticks are part of their instrument. A violinist's bow is not up for grabs, is it? Drumsticks are not guitar picks. They are precision, and hand-matched for weight and balance,and can be very expensive. Go to a music store and price some good hardwood sticks. Then "stick them" up your own.
drumtrax

United States

#6 Feb 10, 2010
David Garribaldi happens to be one of the finest drummers that has ever lived. What disrespect these people have shown to him and the group "Tower of Power".
Pot meet Kettle

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Feb 10, 2010
Debbie Mclaughlin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like it that your post is laced with sexually suggestive language. Instrument? up for grabs? hardwood?? Seems you have a one track mind. Maybe from too much "banging" on your drum?
Actually Debbie,I hadn't read the second post as being sexually suggestive until you made a point of highlighting the phrasing. Oh no, next thing you know you will accuse me of being sexually suggestive because I said you "made a point". Grow up. Take a lesson in language and maybe you will be able to get your mind out of the gutter.
ya baby

Encino, NM

#10 Feb 10, 2010
Debbie Mclaughlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Count me in!
This is my kind of posting!
Little Drummer Girl

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Feb 10, 2010
Seriously! Google -- it's your friend!

"Pro-Mark's American Hickory drumsticks are made from hickory wood, a resilient hardwood with good shock absorbtion. This helps to make a durable stick."
Just Curious

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Feb 10, 2010
If he felt so bad, why didn't he offer to return the pizza?
Debbie Mclaughlin

Rio Rancho, NM

#13 Feb 10, 2010
Little Drummer Girl wrote:
Seriously! Google -- it's your friend!
"Pro-Mark's American Hickory drumsticks are made from hickory wood, a resilient hardwood with good shock absorbtion. This helps to make a durable stick."
Keep it up girl! Wood. Hardwood. shock absorbtion. stick. I love it!
RetroD65

Layton, UT

#14 Feb 10, 2010
Tower of Power! Great going Harris...disrespect a well known and classic musician by stealing his drumsticks and eating pizza that wasn't your own. You show people exactly what you are..a politician with no class
REALLY

Las Cruces, NM

#15 Feb 10, 2010
Give me a break. Tower of Power sucks. One hit wonders is what they are.
stopTAGGING ourWALLS

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Feb 10, 2010
He was an unwelcome "guest" backstage to just help
himself to the drummer's property. I wasn't there either, but I can easily see this scenario play out.

This isn't the 70's. Maybe could have gotten
by by fitting in then.
Today, ask for permission, fool.

It shows very low class and dignity to simply
take advantage of any generosity. Real or imagined.
drumtrax

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Feb 10, 2010
REALLY wrote:
Your musical intelligence just came through loud and clear! Wow!
joe cesario

Saint Clairsville, OH

#18 Jan 1, 2011
REALLY wrote:
you best do a little research before you open your uneducated mouth. tower of power has been around for 40 plus years. not very many other acts can make that statement. ask any musician and they will tell you t.o.p. is one of the tightest bands on this planet. suck they do not!!!
Jazz guitar

Ardsley, NY

#19 Aug 28, 2013
Tower of power is Essientally a rock band with a horn section. They have very little sense of groove and can't stand close to any real funk acts. Look up the meters an think to yourself "can tower of power even come close to the meters in terms of groove. I think not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tower of Power Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News There's nothing like music in the park on a sum... (Jun '08) Jan '13 Hunter 7
News Tower of Power plays the Klein in Bridgeport (Nov '11) Aug '12 Jerry 15
News Hispanic bands signed, entertainment slate secu... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Wanglow 4
michael jeffries, former lead singer: the two t... (Oct '08) Jun '11 Two Things In One... 2
News Power-ful performance at LEC (Mar '11) Mar '11 Karen Lee 1
News Smooth jazz sounds warm up cool evening in Detroit (Sep '10) Sep '10 Tony 1
Tower of Power/Tony Adamo (Jul '10) Aug '10 FredHarris 2
More from around the web