Tommy Lee Jones Seeks $10M In 'No Cou...

Tommy Lee Jones Seeks $10M In 'No Country' Lawsuit

There are 31 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Sep 6, 2008, titled Tommy Lee Jones Seeks $10M In 'No Country' Lawsuit. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

Tommy Lee Jones is suing the makers of "No Country for Old Men" for more than $10 million.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Phil_E_Drifter

Clark, NJ

#1 Sep 6, 2008
What a greedy [email protected] This guy has been in film for years (Two-Face, anyone?!) like $10 mil really means that much to him. Gee, tom, you know some of us actually WORK and yet we live paycheck to paycheck?
cwaters

Bartlett, IL

#2 Sep 7, 2008
Well, if he was promised these things, then the hollywood magnates should do the right thing and give him his bonuses. Tommy Lee Jones was not the reason the movie was successful though, Anton Chigurh was just so evil - the movie was a classic because of him. Did that actor who played Chigurh get bonuses?

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#3 Sep 7, 2008
yeah tommy lee jones has adequate success outside of this movie and isnt starving but a contract is a contract. if i sign for 200 bucks or 2 million bucks, i expect the contract to be met. as the old addage goes "a deal's a deal".
Befuddled

Malvern, PA

#4 Sep 7, 2008
Yup, they need to pay him. It's a simple solution. He'll win the lawsuit hands down, unless he's lying about everything.
Alec Berg

Medford, NJ

#5 Sep 7, 2008
I've got to ask, why does he need more money. This sounds like the souderton school teachers, more, more, more, more!! Gimme, gimme, gimme! What's with the greed people? When is enough, enough? Maybe the rich need to be taxed more to control their greed. They get hit with almost 45% now, so let's hit them with 70% so the next government can do more!
Montague

Elkhorn, WI

#6 Sep 7, 2008
Whiny leftist scum sucking pigs, TLJ had a contract that was not honored and is asking an independant accounting firm to investigate.

Whiny leftist scum should go to a car lot and try to buy a new car with your logic, "hey, you guys made 3 billion last year, you owe me a free car!".

You left scum are sick! TLJ is entiled to his full contract and that contract pays more based on movie sales, not how rich TLJ is.
Alec Berg

Medford, NJ

#7 Sep 7, 2008
Montague wrote:
Whiny leftist scum sucking pigs, TLJ had a contract that was not honored and is asking an independant accounting firm to investigate.
Whiny leftist scum should go to a car lot and try to buy a new car with your logic, "hey, you guys made 3 billion last year, you owe me a free car!".
You left scum are sick! TLJ is entiled to his full contract and that contract pays more based on movie sales, not how rich TLJ is.
Is this guy stable?
bill

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Sep 7, 2008
Alec Berg wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this guy stable?
I did,t even know he was jewish
bbj

Hartford, CT

#9 Sep 8, 2008
HE SHOULD BE PAID.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Sep 8, 2008
Ok people. If this was in his contract and everybody signed on the dotted line then they owe him. Tell me that anyone of yas would let an employer steal your paycheck and you're gonna say ok no problem.

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#11 Sep 8, 2008
I'll say it just like I do to any union person. If you don't like the contract, you don't have to sign it! This is America. If you want to stop being an actor, teacher, trucker, doctor, you have the freedom to do so. If you sign a contract, you are bound however. If you sign one that says "every penny over 2 million dollars results in me having to pay partyB 5%" either pay it or don't sign the contract.
Alec Berg

Medford, NJ

#12 Sep 8, 2008
bbj wrote:
HE SHOULD BE PAID.
Why? Does he need to $10 mil? If it's so clear, why does he have to sue? Obviously there are 2 sides to the story. Some of these ultra rich actors need to ask themselves "do I love acting or money", because if you really love acting, you'd do it for free when you have enough money. This whole thing wreaks of greed.
Alec Berg

Medford, NJ

#13 Sep 8, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
Ok people. If this was in his contract and everybody signed on the dotted line then they owe him. Tell me that anyone of yas would let an employer steal your paycheck and you're gonna say ok no problem.
"yas" is so hick NJ slang. it makes me ill.
EL Kabong

Glenmoore, PA

#14 Sep 8, 2008
What an awesome movie. TLJ deserves every cent owed to him. Big time movie actors get paid alot of money, just like sports stars, it's a fact of life.

I wonder how Nick Nolte or Clint eastwood would have done in that role.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Sep 8, 2008
Alec Berg wrote:
<quoted text>
"yas" is so hick NJ slang. it makes me ill.
If that's all you got out of my post then you make me sick. So I guess we're even then.
Alec Berg

Medford, NJ

#16 Sep 8, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's all you got out of my post then you make me sick. So I guess we're even then.
Psychologists call it an "attention blink". It's when one thing is so grossly out of order that it detracts attention from the main thing. A Psychologist would definitely say that you are sick, no matter how intelligent you try to make your posts.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Sep 8, 2008
Alec Berg wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychologists call it an "attention blink". It's when one thing is so grossly out of order that it detracts attention from the main thing. A Psychologist would definitely say that you are sick, no matter how intelligent you try to make your posts.
You don't have to describe yourself to us. We're all fully aware how grossly out of order you are on a daily basis LOL.
Rambeaux

United States

#18 Sep 8, 2008
If Xavier Bardem was also chiseled and he joins Tommy Jones in this lawsuit against Paramount it may shake up things in the motion picture industry. And by the way, if anyone thinks acting is easy they should watch a movie being shot. Then you will see just how hard the actors and crew REALLY work.
scaramooch

Vienna, VA

#19 Sep 8, 2008
A deal is a deal!
Frosty

Chicago, IL

#20 Sep 8, 2008
...Still trying to figure out how this is any of our business. How is this news? How does this affect me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tommy Lee Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 weird jobs you could do as NASA looks to emp... Aug '17 Jackie 3
News Critic's TV picks: 'Comanche Moon' (Jan '08) Aug '15 Urbanite 3
News In 'The Homesman,' Wind Is The Sound Of Insanity (Nov '14) Nov '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News AFI Fest 2014 Review: a The Homesmana a weird W... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Christaliban 1
News Swank says Jones is a softy and he agrees. (Nov '14) Nov '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Actor Found Dead in Home (Jan '08) Apr '14 Hope 21
News Tommy Lee Jones enjoyed playing an abolitionist... (Dec '12) Jan '14 Addicted to Tommy... 3
More from around the web