Joaquin Jackson - Texas Ranger

Nov 1, 2007 Read more: Fort Stockton Pioneer 12

When his picture appeared on the cover of Texas Monthly, Joaquin Jackson became the icon of the modern Texas Rangers. via Fort Stockton Pioneer

Read more
Rodrigo

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2008
I got to personally meet Joaquin Jackson when I worked as a Deputy in Zavala County. He is a truly remarkable man and if he could help you in any way he would. Hope I can get a copy of his book.

Since: Feb 08

San Antonio, TX

#2 Feb 3, 2008
Rodrigo wrote:
I got to personally meet Joaquin Jackson when I worked as a Deputy in Zavala County. He is a truly remarkable man and if he could help you in any way he would. Hope I can get a copy of his book.
Anyone remember Texas Ranger Capt. Allee; I used to hear some horror story from the elderly Hispanic community.
Michael E Tollett

Victoria, TX

#3 Mar 14, 2008
I knew Capt allee very well ,I grew up in carrizo springs my dad was Clint Tollett and my stepdad was JI Tumlinson (Jurd) My mother was Genineve Tumlinson I went to scool at carrizo and mrs Allee was my school teacher in the fifth grade I remember Junior allee who also was a texas ranger My uncle was buck bell or walter aron bell t/r I used to shoot Jack rabbits off capt allee's ranch for a nickel a head He bought all the shells too. my Grandpaw on the tumlinson side was Bigpaw Jim Tumlinson had a ranch out on the brundage Hwy I rember Capt Allee well!
OLD RANCHER

San Antonio, TX

#5 Dec 25, 2011
ALLEE was the real deal. It was his breed that brought the respect that a rangers badge demands when it crosses a threshold. jackson got to ride the coat tails and enjoy the stamina of those before him.
I remember

United States

#6 Dec 26, 2011
carrizodude68 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone remember Texas Ranger Capt. Allee; I used to hear some horror story from the elderly Hispanic community.
. I remember hearing a story of that guy beating a young mexican american male. It happened in a smalll grocery downtown carrizo springs. That is only one of many. Several of them were bullies with a badge, nothing more. About Jackson, I met him but wasn't not impressed with him.
Annette Zambrano

New York, NY

#8 Jun 26, 2012
His ranch bordered with ours in Carrizo. He was nothing less of a kind person to me and my family. My grandparents (Alberto & Carmen Zambrano) always spoke well of him.
History

San Antonio, TX

#9 Jun 26, 2012
Annette Zambrano wrote:
His ranch bordered with ours in Carrizo. He was nothing less of a kind person to me and my family. My grandparents (Alberto & Carmen Zambrano) always spoke well of him.
He was nice to you because you were a pretty good ass kissers. those are the only mexicans these people liked. as for him being a "real deal", so is the kkk. Nowadays ass kissers are frowned upon. I knew a couple of people who actually pissed on alee's grave. of course he should have been pissed on in real life!
really

United States

#10 Jun 26, 2012
Where is he buried?
Duke

Houston, TX

#11 Jul 17, 2012
Joaquin Jackson was a typical Texas Ranger, a blow-hard claiming someone else's heroics as their own. He was the only Ranger in the history of Texas who was not allowed to keep his commission after he retired. That should tell it all.
clare

San Antonio, TX

#12 Jul 17, 2012
and there u have it Annette8888888
twig

Houston, TX

#13 Dec 25, 2012
Duke wrote:
Joaquin Jackson was a typical Texas Ranger, a blow-hard claiming someone else's heroics as their own. He was the only Ranger in the history of Texas who was not allowed to keep his commission after he retired. That should tell it all.
why was he not allowed to keep his commission
twig

Houston, TX

#14 Dec 25, 2012
I first met Ranger Jackson when I was 17 or 18yrs old.I respected and admired him then and nothing has changed 45 yrs. later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tommy Lee Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In 'The Homesman,' Wind Is The Sound Of Insanity Nov '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News AFI Fest 2014 Review: a The Homesmana a weird W... Nov '14 Christaliban 1
News Swank says Jones is a softy and he agrees. Nov '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Actor Found Dead in Home (Jan '08) Apr '14 Hope 21
News Tommy Lee Jones enjoyed playing an abolitionist... (Dec '12) Jan '14 Addicted to Tommy... 3
News Mom's 80th...Help? (Jul '07) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
News Men in Black 3 most error-strewn 2012 movie (Jan '13) Jan '13 i love will smith 1
More from around the web