Petty set stirs giddy aura, classic e...

Petty set stirs giddy aura, classic enthusiasm

There are 11 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 23, 2008, titled Petty set stirs giddy aura, classic enthusiasm. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Festivals and amphitheater gigs dominate Tom Petty's summer tour schedule with the Heartbreakers, but Wednesday night, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer managed to bring the freewheeling aura of the outdoors into ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

420 DuDe

Since: Feb 08

ST.Paul, MN

#1 Jul 24, 2008
Very Good Concert & Tom Rock the Target Center & the crowd stood through his Performance & we were jamming & "smoking" & drinking $7.50 beer ( ouch)!!

TOM PETTY ROCKS !!!
TtB

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 24, 2008
That was a great concert. Can't wait for the next one!
jbn

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 24, 2008
We saw Springsteen last year at the Xcel and this show was far and a way superior. I cannot wait for the next chance to see TP& H. What a show!
JDK

Rochester, MN

#4 Jul 24, 2008
The rockin' beginning of the concert was awesome ... the crowd was at fever-pitch ... ready to rumble! But then the momentum tailed off ... great crowd and a great show, overall though.
angel

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 24, 2008
i thought it was a darn good concert. he still can entertain the crowd like he did in the 80's.

Ross Raihala would not know a decent show if he seen one. on several of the last concerts in the twin cities area, he has given them less than good reviews. i have seen numerous concerts over the years..... they may not be as highpowered as the latest rock group. they are still very good concerts. open your eyes and ears a bit. maybe the class rock cord will strike you.
sheepy

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jul 24, 2008
Ah, angel, did you read the review?
Skip

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 24, 2008
This was a fantastic show indeed on the parts of both Steve Winwood and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. The band lineups and setlists were solid and particularly with Petty's set it was great to see the synchronicity between each band member. Winwood's singing, guitar and B3 organ work were also right on the money. Wow! Wonderful show indeed.
Brian

Saint Cloud, MN

#8 Jul 29, 2008
AWESOME SHOW!!!

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are the best LIVE Band ever!!!

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#9 Jul 29, 2008
Tom rocks, with the Heartbreakers and Mudcrutch.
fullert

Tempe, AZ

#10 Dec 3, 2008
yea tom petty does rock and there is really no one that can compare to him, but i heard this new artist called tom fuller that sounds pretty good. you guys should check him out.
Heather

Vancouver, WA

#11 Jan 14, 2009
I saw Tom Petty in 1980 and he was great!

http://www.myrocknrollworld.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tom Petty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Petty dead at 66 after going into cardiac a... Oct '17 Nikki 2
News 2 - Mudcrutch (May '16) May '16 Lisa Ann 1
News Ole Miss student senators take on state flag (Oct '15) Oct '15 The Stealth 3
News Two big-name music acts hit town July 23 (Jul '15) Jul '15 Ronnie Gethsetter 1
News Flag causes more controversy in the South (Jul '15) Jul '15 kuda 5
News Restaurants already benefiting from arena buzz (Aug '14) Oct '14 silly rabbit 6
News Veteran rockers and retro songs dominate Billbo... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Octopus 3
More from around the web