Will a Hollywood star Cruise into Mathews?

Oct 23, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

Rumors may or may not prove true, but property deeds don't lie. The hot topic lately around Mathews is that Tom Cruise and his wife, Katie Holmes , have forked out $16 million for "Green Plains," a 643-acre estate on the North River with a seven-bedroom brick mansion.

Comments
1 - 20 of 58 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ginger creek

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2009

Judged:

you are welcome! leave Hollywood behind, we don't need it!
Jojo

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Judged:

He should be welcomed!
Fact

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

Thanks for the heads up, now I definitely have made up my mind not to move to the area. I was debating but this seals the deal. As much as I like that area, I just dislike those two so much that I wouldn't want to live anywhere near them.
Truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

Judged:

Fact wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, now I definitely have made up my mind not to move to the area. I was debating but this seals the deal. As much as I like that area, I just dislike those two so much that I wouldn't want to live anywhere near them.
Your ISP says Charlottesville. I was born there but couldn't stand the extreme democrat liberals who moved there and commenced to rule over the unenlightened locals.
Jojo

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ISP says Charlottesville. I was born there but couldn't stand the extreme democrat liberals who moved there and commenced to rule over the unenlightened locals.
AMEN.
spike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

Cruise and company will teach you all about Scientology.
Fact

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is precisely why I want to move away from this stinking City!!!! I can't stand Charlottesville. Was born here and have raised my family and now ready to retire and move somewhere else. But I don't want to move some place where Tom Cruise is the big attraction. I live very close to Dave Matthews and on the road next to Sissy Spacek, but you have to "live here" to know they are around. DMB does so much good to give back to the community, but doesn't flaunt it. Even John Grisham (who I am not fond of) gives a lot to the community. Anyway, I'm in agreement about this City I live in. I have no sense of loyalty to the flaming liberals who have taken over this City.
Cym

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

This is great. This forum is now totally useless. Objective #4 accomplished.
Crazy Wolf

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Tom Cruise ?

Well if you want somebody who thinks there is little L. Ron Hubbard created aliens living in, and operating his body like a VDOT front end loader. Just keep him away from our seasonal parades on Main Street.

I was thinking this is more of a place suited for ultra-right Christian Chuck Norris, but on second thought there's not a Hair Club for Men, close enough for a weave malfunction emergency.
Morons post from Hayes

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Tom would be a welcome addition.
ForDe

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Hey guys! Check out this Top Gun music video I made! It's got a great song and some cool sound effects!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Observer in Abington

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

Judged:

I agree that no one knows what was said in the SGJ -- we only know the contents of the final document that was submitted by the SGJ.

My questions was why certain people keep insinuating that Ms. Capo, Ms. Detrich and Mr. Sabo from the Daily Press are liars and gossips, and are not reporting the truth. I asked for an explaination as to what the "liars and gossips" comments were based upon.

My specific question was:
I guess I'm still uncertain what exactly Ms. Capo said that is not based on fact. What is there in that article that indicates to you that she is meerly 'stirring the pot' and not expressing her opinion based on factual information?

It would appear that the person crying "gossips and liars" may actually be somewhat confused in his position. Certainly, there has been no response to the direct question as it was asked.

One way to see thru somebody's actions is to put them on the spot. I noticed when I asked a question, the individual accusing others of lying disappeared rather quickly.

It also indicates to me that he knows he is wrong, but continues to make accusations to achieve some sort of odd mental pleasure. Maybe he likes to throw his comments around and them sit back and watch the fallout from what he says, enjoying the bickering that he created.

Something is very suspicious when someone can't answer a simple question to help others see a different point of view.
Cym

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

Judged:

Observer in Abington wrote:
I agree that no one knows what was said in the SGJ -- we only know the contents of the final document that was submitted by the SGJ.
My questions was why certain people keep insinuating that Ms. Capo, Ms. Detrich and Mr. Sabo from the Daily Press are liars and gossips, and are not reporting the truth. I asked for an explaination as to what the "liars and gossips" comments were based upon.
I guess I'm still uncertain what exactly Ms. Capo said that is not based on fact. What is there in that article that indicates to you that she is meerly 'stirring the pot' and not expressing her opinion based on factual information?
It would appear that the person crying "gossips and liars" may actually be somewhat confused in his position. Certainly, there has been no response to the direct question as it was asked.
One way to see thru somebody's actions is to put them on the spot. I noticed when I asked a question, the individual accusing others of lying disappeared rather quickly.
It also indicates to me that he knows he is wrong, but continues to make accusations to achieve some sort of odd mental pleasure. Maybe he likes to throw his comments around and them sit back and watch the fallout from what he says, enjoying the bickering that he created.
Something is very suspicious when someone can't answer a simple question to help others see a different point of view.
You obviously haven't been here long enough to understand the dynamics and are jumping to conclusion without the facts. Funny you should do that. Makes me wonder if you're just another one of Sabo's aliases.
Cym

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

Judged:

Observer in Abington wrote:
Just because someone doesn't talk with you, you can read their mind and guess their motivation? And then starting rumors yourself? Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........looks like another gossiper online to me.
hmmmmm

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

Judged:

Cym wrote:
<quoted text>Just because someone doesn't talk with you, you can read their mind and guess their motivation? And then starting rumors yourself? Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........looks like another gossiper online to me.
Kettle, pot's calling
Mo rons post from Hayes

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2010

Judged:

hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Kettle, pot's calling
mo ron
gene

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Judged:

Mathews is a beautiful community that keeps to itself. It truly is the "pearl of the bay"

It's a live and let live community with artists and watermen. You're apt to see Bentley's as well as Pickups. All are respected here.

we don't want teabaggers or bolsheviks.

We have many high profile people here that can come here to keep a low profile without your drama

If tom cruise keeps the wingnuts away i'll be pleased.
Vulcanangel

King William, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

Judged:

We have enough Come heres now trying to bring their BS to us. Let Tom Cruise cruise his but to New York or someplace.
toodlydo

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

Judged:

Vulcanangel wrote:
We have enough Come heres now trying to bring their BS to us. Let Tom Cruise cruise his but to New York or someplace.
'Come Here's'???? Bullsh....t. We got too many been here's who they, and their father and their grandfather all married their cousins. The only damn people paying taxes are the COMEHERE's. The been here's ought to be castrated to prevent more inbreeding.
Anglewings

Hanover, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Judged:

Vulcanangel wrote:
Vulcanangle please educate yourself before you speak again. You are embarrasing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tom Cruise Discussions

Search the Tom Cruise Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Birthday Boy Tom Cruise Doing Better Than Newsweek Jul 5 Michelle Bird 1
3 things to do for Father's Day in Erie Jun '14 dickhead 1
The Richest Actors in the World Are Not Who You... May '14 Hans 2
Edge of Tomorrow Costume May '14 Katherinemartin 1
Tom Cruise attends Scientology ceremony (Nov '13) Apr '14 John 2
2015: The Biggest Year for Movies Ever? Apr '14 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
Tom Cruise thanks "Lady Luck" Mar '14 Michelle Bird 1
•••
•••