Tom Cruise's Biggest Fan?

Tom Cruise's Biggest Fan?

Posted in the Tom Cruise Forum

Since: Jul 12

La Crescenta, CA

#1 Jul 23, 2012
Hi all-- I'm just hoping for a little help here as I try to collect research data for my doctoral dissertation, specifically looking at female fans of male celebrities. If the following describes you, please think about participating! Thank you!!!

DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE MALE CELEBRITY?

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO COMMUNICATE OR MAKE CONTACT WITH HIM?
(Including, but not limited to, communication via social media, sending fan letters, attempting to see and/or meet him and/or traveling to do so, etc.)

IF YOU ARE A FEMALE, AGES 18 & OVER
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN
AN ANONYMOUS, ONLINE DOCTORAL RESEARCH STUDY
ABOUT FEMALE FANS OF MALE CELEBRITIES,
WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO WIN 1 OF 5 DIGITAL GIFT CARDS.
(Gift cards to Amazon.com range in value from $20 to $100)

INTERESTED?
PLEASE CONTACT
ERIN LINN, M.A.
CELEBSTUDY@HOTMAIL.COM

ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS SHALL:
-- BE FEMALE
-- BE 18 YEARS or OLDER
-- RESIDE in the UNITED STATES
-- BE PROFICIENT in ENGLISH
-- HAVE ACCESS to a COMPUTER with INTERNET
-- HAVE NO HISTORY of TREATMENT FOR or DIAGNOSIS OF SCHIZOPHRENIA or THOUGHT DISORDER

This study is being conducted by Erin Linn, MA, under the supervision of Joanne Callan, PhD, ABPP, at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University, San Diego. IRB Approval #2018.
Brooke

Los Gatos, CA

#2 Jul 26, 2012
my favorite celebrity is Jeff Bridges because he is my cousin be marriage and because I love his movies. His father Lloyd's (uncle bud) sister, Belle, married my grandfather's brother. I have never met Jeff, but I see Bobby Strout (Belle's son) about twice a year. I also have a special needs son who almost died of near-SIDs at 6 months old, and I know that Lloyd and Dottie also had a son who did die of SIDs. I thought Jeff might have some compassion for me because of this. My children and I were physically abused by my ex-husband, and my youngest was sexually abused by him. I went through a very desperate time: my husband was removed by the police after threatening to kill me, and I had to get a restraining order. The children were interviewed by CPS and I found out about about the sexual abuse. The children and I lost our home in foreclosure and we went through bankruptcy. I appealed to Jeff for help via email about 3-4 times. He never responded. In his interviews he comes off as arrogant, and above the common man. I started not to like him at all because of that. My mom was invited to Dottie's funeral, but she is 85 and couldn't travel to LA. I offered to go in her place, but was told no. It seems that Jeff doesn't have any compassion for the suffering many people are going through due to the economy. He just wants to live his fat cat life in celebrityville. Why do we reward such self-centeredness in celebrities (male or female) by going to their movies? In my opinion, the celebrities should all be helping poor people alot more!
Instead they just take the money and spend it on themselves. What a waste of those good looks! That is my take on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tom Cruise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Cruise injured on 'Mission: Impossible 6' set Fri I Can Do It 1
Perfect for the roll of Clayface in Batman! Jun '17 Professor Chaos B... 1
News Scientologist Tom Cruise Rants: Psychiatry 'Cri... (Jan '08) Mar '17 Diesel40 498
News Tom Cruise Breaks Scientology Silence After Sho... (Oct '16) Dec '16 ForReal 14
News Tyler Perry's 'Madea' tops Cruise's 'Jack Reach... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Dr Wu 1
News Jack Reacher is like a great Salman Khan movie,... (Jan '13) Oct '16 Cranker 2
News Sickening new ISIS video features Tom Cruise as... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web