Toby Keith DRUNK!!
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
MBS

United States

#1 Jul 20, 2009
Has anyone else noticed or is it just me and my girlfriend that Toby is half looped at his concerts. I just went to Jamboree in the Hills in St. Clairsville, Ohio and he had his whiskey red face AGAIN!!!
My girlfriend and I went to Baltimore, MD last year and he was slurring his words.. It was really bad.
I am a huge Toby Keith fan but I don't think it's fair to pay all that money to see him and he comes out Drunk.. He sounds so much better sober..
I understand if you have a couple of drinks before the concert but to come out drunk.
I hate to say it but that's a good way to lose fans fast..
I'm going to Pittsburgh,PA Sept. 11th to see him again. I'm really thinking that if he's drunk again. I'll spend my money on someone else. That breaks my heart to say that but I love hearing him sing. He's just not good when he's drunk.
Does anyone else agree???
Bummed

Washington, MI

#2 Jul 20, 2009
I was one of Toby's biggest fans, and was SOOOO excited to see him last night in Detroit for my first time. I have most of his CD's and thought he was hot!!! He was my favorite country singer for sure. But no more. He was drunk, raunchy, and on top of that, kept spitting on the stage! That killed it for me. The next time I want to see a raunchy drunk singing, I'll go to a kareoke bar and watch it for free.
havanother1

United States

#3 Jul 21, 2009
Yeah looked like he was durnk too at DTE and the sound was horrible.....my ears were ringing the next day fro mthe sound being so bad.....wtf
cprice

Quakertown, PA

#4 Jul 22, 2009
I'm a huge Toby fan. I've been to a lot of his concerts and thought I knew what to expect, but last year in Camdon, NJ he used the f word a couple of times and ended the show with the middle finger. I took my 10 year old son to the concert. I was so disappointed that Toby would do that. He has a son around the same age and I'm sure he would want his son around that. He was drinking through out the show and kept toasting the crowd.
MBS

United States

#5 Jul 22, 2009
I agree. You can't take your kids to his concert. I wonder what his wife and kids think abut this. If he's drunk at starlake in sept, I think it will be my last concert. I have 4th row seats there. I paid good money for the tickets. I don't want to pay that kind of money to see someone drunk. He's to good of a singer (sober). This is making him lose alot of fans
xxx

United States

#6 Jul 22, 2009
I have friends that went to a few of these shows you are mentioning, and Toby was Terrific. His voice is always right on. He is red because of the sun, he rides his motorcyle during down time before the shows.

Lighten up y'all, Toby's family sometimes show up at the shows. His concerts ROCK. The finger at the end is for those that don't show our troops respect.
MBS

United States

#7 Jul 22, 2009
He was definetly drunk last year in Baltimore. He doesn't slur his words because of the sun. I understand the finger because of the troops. but how do you explain to cprice's son the language and the finger at the end???
xxx

Irvine, CA

#8 Jul 23, 2009
The shows I have been to, his voice always is strong. Much better than many other artist concerts where sometimes you cannot even hear the performer at times. It is the parents choice if they want to bring young children to the concerts. Toby is a man, it is a rowdy entertaining show. You have to really dig that this year Trace is getting on stage with Toby and they both belt out 'Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue'. Rock on Big Dog!
Deb

Elizabeth City, NC

#9 Jul 23, 2009
xxx wrote:
The shows I have been to, his voice always is strong. Much better than many other artist concerts where sometimes you cannot even hear the performer at times. It is the parents choice if they want to bring young children to the concerts. Toby is a man, it is a rowdy entertaining show. You have to really dig that this year Trace is getting on stage with Toby and they both belt out 'Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue'. Rock on Big Dog!
I like Toby's music but rowdy and rude are two different things. If he wants to keep his fan base he has to let young people to his concert and should watch his language. What is the sense to using cuss words what is the point. There are other ways to make a point without being vulger. Again, I like his music but think he needs to rethink some of what he does.
xxx

Irvine, CA

#10 Jul 25, 2009
Toby does not have to worry about his fan base. Record number of fans are everywhere. Shows continue to be packed and the audience has fun. That is the whole point, people going out, listening to great music and having a rowdy fun time.

Live shows are more entertaining because they are not scripted. Men are men, they do not have to tone it down for anyone. Crazy to think that people would 'tell an artist' how to behave, or that you think you have the right to 'judge' someone else.
MBS

United States

#11 Jul 25, 2009
I'm not judging anyone. I just made a statement like a few others on here that I would rather spend my money on hearing someone sober and not drunk. He sounds so much better sober. Trust me, I'm a huge fan of Toby's. I have been for quite a while now. I just hope this doesn't hurt him. I have every one of his CD's, have traveled to see both movies, and have traveled and traveled to see him. I just would rather hear someone sing sober...There's a difference of having a few drinks before the concert and coming out and singing drunk.
Deb

Elizabeth City, NC

#12 Jul 26, 2009
MBS wrote:
I'm not judging anyone. I just made a statement like a few others on here that I would rather spend my money on hearing someone sober and not drunk. He sounds so much better sober. Trust me, I'm a huge fan of Toby's. I have been for quite a while now. I just hope this doesn't hurt him. I have every one of his CD's, have traveled to see both movies, and have traveled and traveled to see him. I just would rather hear someone sing sober...There's a difference of having a few drinks before the concert and coming out and singing drunk.
I guess I have a question how can you be sure he was drunk? Maybe it was a sound problem at the concert? I do think Toby has a good work ethic and find it hard to believe he would do a concert drunk.
Deb

Elizabeth City, NC

#13 Jul 26, 2009
xxx wrote:
Toby does not have to worry about his fan base. Record number of fans are everywhere. Shows continue to be packed and the audience has fun. That is the whole point, people going out, listening to great music and having a rowdy fun time.
Live shows are more entertaining because they are not scripted. Men are men, they do not have to tone it down for anyone. Crazy to think that people would 'tell an artist' how to behave, or that you think you have the right to 'judge' someone else.
Regarding the right to judge. When you decide to do a job in the public you should think about your actions and how it will effect others. If you can't behave professionally then maybe get a different job. People pay good money for his CD and concerts and he is a role model.
MBS

United States

#14 Jul 26, 2009
When we saw him in Baltimore.. Which was a 7 hour drive for us, he sounded terrible at first. (I can't believe I would ever say he sounded terrible) but he did. He was slurring his words. As the concert went on, he sounded alot better. Usually when you slur your words, you've had a couple to many
abc

United States

#15 Jul 26, 2009
Deb wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding the right to judge. When you decide to do a job in the public you should think about your actions and how it will effect others. If you can't behave professionally then maybe get a different job. People pay good money for his CD and concerts and he is a role model.
Your posts contradict each other. In your first post, you state you believe Toby has a good work ethic and then this one, you are stating someone is not acting professionally.
Toby is one of the most professional artists around. No one has the right to judge anyone. Just because a job is in the public eye, does not mean anyone has the right to tell you how to do your job and/or judge you.
If you look at the type of schedule Toby has, he meets all his obligations, including large meet and greets before each show. And he puts on a kick AZZ show that almost goes 2 hours. Logically, that does not allow much time for tying one on while working.
abc

United States

#16 Jul 26, 2009
MBS wrote:
When we saw him in Baltimore.. Which was a 7 hour drive for us, he sounded terrible at first.(I can't believe I would ever say he sounded terrible) but he did. He was slurring his words. As the concert went on, he sounded alot better. Usually when you slur your words, you've had a couple to many
Could have been a cold, allergies, many other things...just to jump to one conclusion when you don't know the facts is pretty harsh. My voice gets irritated when I use it to much, sometimes I may not sound as clear as I would like, it sure as hell does not mean I am drunk.
BFF

Edmond, OK

#17 Jul 26, 2009
I am friends with Toby and his family and can assure that Toby does NOT do his shows drunk!! I'm around him alot and have seem him drunk maybe 3 times in the last 15 years.
MBS

Norwich, OH

#18 Jul 26, 2009
I had alot of people who watched Jamboree in the Hills on tv (they have never been to any of Toby's concerts)say, wow, he had a few to many. You usually can tell when someone has had to many. When they slur their words, believe me, it's not a cold or allergies. Nobody loves Toby any more than me and my girlfriend. Like I said, we'd traveled alot of miles to see him and his movies. I would just like to hear him sing without slurring his words. He's too good of a singer to have to drink so much before he goes on stage. I'll wait and see how he is at Starlake. I hope it's different than his concert in Baltimore and at Jamboree in the Hills. I hope he's not quite as raunchy also.
MBS

Norwich, OH

#19 Jul 26, 2009
If you're friends with Toby and his family. Ask him why he had to become so raunchy. And if he has allergies or a cold, go to a doctor. If that's the reason why he's been slurring his words. Nobody loves Toby any more than me and my girlfriend. Like I said, we traveled alot of miles to see him and his movies. If he's not drunk, tell him to quit acting like it. I had alot of people who watched him at Jamboree in the Hills on tv. They all said, wow, he had a few to many. These people have never been to one of his concerts. But that's the impression they all got from watching him on tv. I'm still going to Starlake. I can't wait to go Sept 11th. I just hope he's not slurring his words or is as raunchy as he has been.
clb

AOL

#20 Jul 26, 2009
I don't get this. With times the way they are.. why on earth are you all spending your money to see someone who you are so obviously complaining about? MBS. YOU make me laugh. You've been to 2 shows and have complained about both of them. THEN STAY AWAY.(by the way, did you move hon? Blue Rock Ohio? Never heard of it.. last post says Columbus.)

IF you are a Toby Fan.. you know the man's habits. He drinks, he cusses, he spits and yeah.. he gives the finger at the end of the show to those who Are Not patriotic.
to those of you who are upset because you brought your kid and exposed them to this.. Why on earth buy a ticket for your child? I'd never take them to something I hadn't seen before. So.. that means.. YOU had to know what the heck to expect before going to the show.

Leave the man alone. You claim to enjoy his music.. do it at home then. Leave the tickets for those of us who WANT to go and see Toby!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toby Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toby Keith is a jerk (May '11) Mar 23 Get the fook out ... 17
News Toby Keith celebrating 25th anniversary of debu... Feb '18 ridingthetrailalone 1
Toby Keith commercials (Nov '06) Dec '17 hshshs 10
News Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban to Perform at Aca... (Mar '12) Aug '17 PrinterBench Tech 2
Inauguration (Jan '17) Jan '17 Joanne 1
News Max Blumenthal: Toby Keith's Pro-Lynching Publi... (Jul '08) Jan '17 USS LIBERTY 2
News The 10 Best Inaugural Performances of All Time (Jan '17) Jan '17 Did You See That 1