Michael Jackson tribute concert split...

Michael Jackson tribute concert splits family

There are 14 comments on the CBS News story from Jul 25, 2011, titled Michael Jackson tribute concert splits family. In it, CBS News reports that:

Michael Jackson's mom and four of his siblings announced plans Monday for a tribute concert later this year in Wales, but two of the late singer's brothers say they oppose the timing of the show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Jul 25, 2011
A tribute? To what?
Yada

Madison, TN

#3 Jul 26, 2011
I fail to grasp the logic in how a show there would be a tribute. Michael was from the good old US of A. His tribute show should be here. Cheers!
kolh

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jul 26, 2011
What a bunch of screwed up, low lives, it must have been a complete nightmare growing up with that family. Now granny dearest (aka Katherine Jackson)is damaging 3 more kids, after ruining her own children--someone needs to rescue those kids.
Disgusted

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jul 26, 2011
They definitely must want more money. After all, to borrow a phrase for Katherine from you, Granny Dearest can't lives on $26,000/month.

Since: Feb 09

I'm just sayin'

#6 Jul 26, 2011
Yada wrote:
I fail to grasp the logic in how a show there would be a tribute. Michael was from the good old US of A. His tribute show should be here. Cheers!
word.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 26, 2011
Disgusted wrote:
They definitely must want more money. After all, to borrow a phrase for Katherine from you, Granny Dearest can't lives on $26,000/month.
Bleh, vultures picking at the bones of the dead are less disgusting than Michael Jackson's family.
kolh

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jul 26, 2011
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Bleh, vultures picking at the bones of the dead are less disgusting than Michael Jackson's family.
Nothing is less disgusting than those greedy losers.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 26, 2011
kolh wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is less disgusting than those greedy losers.
Except for Michael himself.

Location hidden

#10 Jul 26, 2011
Ooops. Gee, kolh, thanks fo sucking me into your backwards writing.

Don't you mean that "Nothing is MORE disgusting..."?
Joe Jackson

Brooksville, FL

#11 Jul 27, 2011
I'm still depressed over the fact that I never heard my son Michael fart during his lifetime. Not even once.
His brother Jermaine told me that he was never interested in farting which I could never understand.

“Waiting for f'loons to wake up”

Since: Dec 06

Goofybaboon's Not Listening

#12 Jul 27, 2011
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Bleh, vultures picking at the bones of the dead are less disgusting than Michael Jackson's family.
I call sig. line rights to this quote.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#14 Jul 28, 2011
http://yourcardiff.walesonline.co.uk/2011/07/...

Anger at Michael Jackson tribute concert ticketing system

Fans hoping to go to the Michael Jackson tribute concert will be picked by the amount of money they donate to charity on top of the ticket price.

Chris Hunt, boss of gig organisers Global Live Events, told CNN profits from the October 8 Michael Forever show would go to charities in the United States and Britain. These are The Prince’s Trust, Aids Project Los Angeles and a cancer charity.

But fans logging on to buy tickets, which will not be available until August 4, are told:“Choose your ticket price and tell us how much you will give to the charities at the time of purchase.

“Remember the more you pledge to charity, the more chance you have of getting a ticket.

“Tickets will range from £55 to £289 plus shipping. The amount of your pledge is up to you.”

Jacko fan Daniel Robertson, from Cardiff, was appalled. The 32-year-old and his wife Ceri want five tickets for themselves and their three children.

The British Gas worker, of Mynachdy Road, Gabalfa, said:“It’s going to be like a lottery for the rich for myself and my family because the ticket prices are really high.

“They are steep ticket prices regardless, and then you have to donate to charity.

“I do a lot of work for the MS Society but it is wrong that you should be considered by the amount of money you can give to charity.”

On the concert’s Facebook page Caroline Rowley, who also lives in Cardiff, said:“What an utter disgrace. Choose what price you want to pay and then donate to a charity?

“The more you donate the more you stand to get a ticket? Disgusting.”

Mayah Thomas said:“Makes no sense does it?”

Jackie Segers claimed donations should go to Africa “to honour Michael”.

“I’ll gladly donate then, even if I can’t attend,” she said.

Ben Baggins expressed his “deepest and most sincere indifference”.

“I give my money directly to charities,” he added.

Natascha Derycke branded the affair “so sad”.

The Echo contacted Global Live and was referred to PR company Franklin Rae.

A spokeswoman claimed she was not aware of the situation and was unable to comment.

The Millennium Stadium is owned by the WRU.

A spokesman said:“We will, as usual, ensure that all ticket distribution complies with the stadium’s obligations.”

He insisted the company only provided the venue, adding:“We will ensure that the promoter is aware of any concerns raised in relation to the sale and distribution of tickets to the concert.”

The show’s official website sets out a two-stage process to obtain tickets:

Stage One
Register your interest, choose your ticket price and tell us how much you will give to the charities at the time of purchase.

Remember, the more you pledge to charity, the more chance you have of getting a ticket. Tickets will range from £55 to £289 plus shipping. The amount of your pledge is up to you.

A number of special VIP Packages will be available details to follow soon.

The Registration period will last 76 hours from 8pm British Summer Time on Thursday 4 August 2011 until midnight British Summer Time on Sunday 7 August 2011.

Stage Two
If you are successful you will be invited to purchase a ticket within the price band you have selected.“Your charity donation which you pledged at registration will be collected at the same time as you pay for the tickets.”
JINA WILD

Glasgow, UK

#15 Jul 28, 2011
Repeter wrote:
http://yourcardiff.walesonline .co.uk/2011/07/27/anger-at-mic hael-jackson-tribute-concert-t icketing-system/
Very clever - and if this show goes the way of previous recent Wacko concerts (ie tits up), the ticket holders will look a little bit churlish asking for their charitable donations to be refunded.

On the plus side, the f'loons will be able to say that Michael is still doing his bit for charity even from the grave. Well, every penny counts when pushing for that mythical $300 million.

J-J-Jina Wild

“VITILIGO”

IS A BIOTCH

#16 Aug 2, 2011
Uh-oh.

http://tinyurl.com/3q7ff3w

Looks like I'll have to find something else to do on October 8th instead...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tito Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tito Jackson to run for Boston mayor against Walsh Jan '17 red dawn 2
News Tito Jackson traces Michael's steps in new fave... (May '16) May '16 Arwydd Growling-T... 1
News Tito Jackson to unveil first solo album (May '16) May '16 Prince Fan 1
News MJ's spirit still visits his family, claims bro... (May '15) May '15 Known Only to Him 7
News The Jackson family division have they succumbed... (Jul '12) Aug '12 lise2468 32
News Tito Jackson to marry in 2012 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Len is Disgusted 10
News Tito Jackson, Sheneal Parker Advance to Novembe... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Candee 1
More from around the web