Ana Popovic has the blues: Serbian se...

Ana Popovic has the blues: Serbian sensation comes to Squaw for free show Tuesday

There are 2 comments on the Sierra Sun story from Jul 25, 2011, titled Ana Popovic has the blues: Serbian sensation comes to Squaw for free show Tuesday. In it, Sierra Sun reports that:

Ana Popovic has waited her whole life to make a straight-ahead blues album, and "Unconditional," which will be released next week, is as bold and confident as the cover image of the European artist wearing nothing but a Fender Stratocaster guitar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sierra Sun.

The_Baron

“A man's character is his fate”

Since: Jun 10

Heraclitus

#1 Jul 26, 2011
Ana Popovic - Musical Serbia

Popovic grew up listening to her father's American blues records, and she mastered guitar studying jazz at Europe's best music school. She played blues-based rock with her first record label, Ruff, in Germany. When she met Delta Groove Productions President Rand Chortkoff in Memphis, he started a new record label just to sign Popovic. Eclecto Groove Records now has a legion of artists who are blues-based, but fit more into the roots-rock style.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#2 Jul 26, 2011
The_Baron wrote:
Ana Popovic - Musical Serbia
Popovic grew up listening to her father's American blues records, and she mastered guitar studying jazz at Europe's best music school. She played blues-based rock with her first record label, Ruff, in Germany. When she met Delta Groove Productions President Rand Chortkoff in Memphis, he started a new record label just to sign Popovic. Eclecto Groove Records now has a legion of artists who are blues-based, but fit more into the roots-rock style.
I personally never cared about that type of music. I love classical music: Beethoven, Bach, Puccini, Palestrina, Verdi , etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tinsley Ellis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Davie: Blues festival to run for three days at NSU (Nov '07) Nov '07 Jack Ewes 1
More from around the web