Huckabee says gay people chose their ...

Huckabee says gay people chose their own behaviour

There are 9564 comments on the religion.gaynewsblog.net story from Dec 30, 2007, titled Huckabee says gay people chose their own behaviour. In it, religion.gaynewsblog.net reports that:

Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee who is currently on the campaign trail for the Republican nomination for US President, has been challenged by NBC's Meet the Press on his stance on gay rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at religion.gaynewsblog.net.

Tyler

Hatboro, PA

#11034 Jun 4, 2009
Ye Olde Fart wrote:
Of course gay people chose their own behavior as do heterosexual people. But they do so in keeping with the nature with which they were born.
Human nature comes in a great many varieties, if you're noticed. Being homosexual is just one of them.
All these varieties are totally acceptable in the respect and acceptance we have of each other.
Our human nature is sinful and we give into it; it destroys our lives.
Tyler

Hatboro, PA

#11035 Jun 4, 2009
"Our human nature is sinful and *when* we give into it; it destroys our lives."
Tyler

Hatboro, PA

#11036 Jun 4, 2009
Things we know wrote:
Huckabee is hypocrite. You hear him speak of wanting a better world and existence for our loved ones to reside in but the he opens his moth and spreads the words that plant the seeds of intolerance and racism. I my self may not agree with everyone and there way of like but I believe that they have the right to have it.
You've never listened to Huckabee in your life. And if you have; your ignorance spoke over him.
Tyler

Hatboro, PA

#11037 Jun 4, 2009
Truth be wondered wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to wonder if Mr. Huckabee has not partaken in some form of bi-sexual or homosexual encounter in order to come to this conclusion.??? How could he come up with such a profound conclusion without some form of experiential practicum, if you know what I mean?
You are a mental case.
honest john

Hinesville, GA

#11038 Jun 5, 2009
Robert In West Hollywood wrote:
Huckabee is the PERFECT example of an ignorant Christian...
How does he know what other people do.

“Gray Wolf Club”

Since: Dec 07

Hog Thief Valley, Arkansas

#11039 Jun 5, 2009
Whatever the great Huck says there is some money in it.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#11042 Oct 19, 2010
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no.
Really? So what forces you to act?

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

#11043 Oct 20, 2010
Kentucky wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, I don't. I don't know the reasons why he made anything the way he did.
I do know that the Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin.
And what has this done?

This repeated, stubborn assertion?

Served to discredit the whole of the bible. You'd be trembling and clutching your rosary if you knew how the younger generations talk about it. They compare it to toilet paper.

That has nothing to do with god, but with people like *you*-- the pharisees of our age, screaming and screaming about the letter of the law and *not seeing the damage that's being done*. Surely you've read about several gay teen suicides in recent weeks.

No, you can take your bible and jam it really hard up your asshole. I reject *your* bible and I stand for acceptance, love and commitment to my fellow human beings. I have *zero* concern with rejecting what you say here,*because I see what it's doing and I have no problem, as you do, realizing that Jesus Christ could not possibly condone the blood on your hands*.

Thanks for reading.

Philadelphia, PA

#11044 Oct 20, 2010
Bethany wrote:
Gay people do not choose who they are attracted if we chose what we wanted then we would choose to be straight because of the bullying by everyone that we get why would we wnat to live our lives in depression because people won't except who we are we were born the way we are and we live that way and we stand up for it
Don't listen to these monsters (the anti-gay). Seriously. Ignore them. They're evil. They'd rather see gay teens die. They would rather shut their eyes and ears and try to force, force, force, force, force, force, force *EVERYONE* to be something that some people are not. They're goddamn filth. They have taken the letter of the law and are obsessed over it to a point that they are soaking in baths of blood for what they've done. Ignore them. You are under zero obligation to self-hate and the damage it causes.

“http://www.wittm annnews.com ”

Since: Mar 07

Wittmann Arizona

#11046 Oct 20, 2010
I am yet to meet anyone who will admit they are against Gay equality...when I'm talking face to face with them while wearing my Rugar 9MM. Hell! Give Huckabee enough money he'll change his views if it builds more rows of pews where he can see more offering plates being passed! He sold out a town in Arkansas as Governor but his behind was left shining!
Springer

Williston, ND

#11047 Oct 20, 2010
Mike Huckabee is a decent man but is not presidential material any more than Fred Thompson.
Arkansas

Chester, AR

#11048 Oct 21, 2010
Yeah the men either choose to spit or swallow..
Arkansas

Chester, AR

#11049 Oct 21, 2010
Truth be wondered wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to wonder if Mr. Huckabee has not partaken in some form of bi-sexual or homosexual encounter in order to come to this conclusion.??? How could he come up with such a profound conclusion without some form of experiential practicum, if you know what I mean?
We don't all live in Eureka buddy.
Arkansas

Chester, AR

#11050 Oct 21, 2010
Mine wrote:
We all have opionions and thoughts. Homosexuality is a choice, period, just as it was back in the Bible times. First Corinthians 6:9-10 PROMISES:
"Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor theives nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God".
Kind of ironic that God puts all those in the same category!!!!!!!!!! Who COULD OR WOULD argue with that!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like you are bible fearing..

Philadelphia, PA

#11051 Oct 21, 2010
So ask huckabee if he spits or swallows.

“Married as I can be!”

Since: Jun 07

Las Vegas

#11053 Oct 21, 2010
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the word itself is mentioned in the first book of Romans, however it might be corinthians.
But if it's mentioned or not, the gay act is referred to very clearly, many times, old testiment and new.
If you want to say "I don't believe in the Bible and therefore I don't have to abide by it's teachings" thats a valid point. However if your trying to find a loop hole where being gay is permitted, forget it, it is far too specific far too many times for that.
Actually, there were words in Koine for men who were only interested in other men sexually. In Corinthians, doesn't use any of those words, but instead chooses to make up a word which he then uses in a list that lends no context helpful in deciphering the meaning of the word.(Example: Blue, Orange, Green, Klaptus, Yellow, Mauve. What color is "klaptus," and is it even a color?)

The word "homosexuality" of course did not exist in Koine, or in Hebrew or in Aramaic, because the concept of sexual orientation was not understood in biblical times.

“Married as I can be!”

Las Vegas

#11054 Oct 21, 2010
Joseph Tyson wrote:
<quoted text>No, no, no. ALL varieties of human behaviour are NOT acceptable.
Certainly not. When a behavior has a measurable and negative effect on OTHERS, that behavior is not acceptable.

Homosexuality does not have a measurable and negative effect on ANYBODY.

And homosexuality is not a behavior, it's a sexual orientation.

What's a mook from New York doing using British spelling? Are you a transplant from across the pond, or are you putting on airs?

“Married as I can be!”

Las Vegas

#11055 Oct 21, 2010
dand wrote:
Are the pedophiles going to have same rights with gays and lesbians, or other people who love animals or love more women or more men at the same time are they allowed to live their way or mary with animals or with children, or with more than one man or woman? In your oppinion they should have same right to do it. I'm just thinking !
And I'm thinking that you're not thinking at all!

Pedophiles don't have partners, they have VICTIMS. Their actions and behavior cause HARM.

Animals are incapable of giving informed consent. They are incapable of signing a marriage contract. And there is no law that gives citizens' rights to animals.

The government found a compelling interest in not allowing polygamy; it is now illegal in all 50 states and in every territory and protectorate of the United States.

“Married as I can be!”

Las Vegas

#11056 Oct 21, 2010
mic mackie wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm part or the right and we don't care what you do in the bedroom, we care what you do and say outside the bedroom. Homosexuality is a disease and should be cured. If you come out in the media and rallys, you ask for these staements, keep in the bedroom and i have no issue with you, but my kids don't need to be around your disgusting ways.
Go Huck!!
You are WAY behind modern science, Sparky. Homosexuality is NOT a disease, and that's the decision of every single major medical and psychiatric organization in the free world. What're YOUR credentials?

What "disgusting" ways? I would no more have sex in public than you would, asshat. And in front of children? What kind of pervert are you? As far as Pride events are concerned, we are American citizens and are just as entitled as you to the right of peaceful assembly.

“Married as I can be!”

Las Vegas

#11057 Oct 21, 2010
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you folks always go wrong. There is not a God's plan for me and a God's plan for you, there is one universal God's plan for everyone, it's only up to the individual to choose to follow it or not.
You don't need to elevate yourself to any level to simply recognize and point our right from wrong. What you don't like is that I'm not afraid to state it.
If there is just one G-d, and just one plan, what do you say to the Hindus and the Buddhists? To the Shintoists and the Wiccans? Not to mention all the different Christian "sects" that abound these days! Who's "right?" The Lutherans? The Methodists? The Catholics? There is more than half a WORLD that either hasn't heard of or doesn't believe in your god and his "plan."

One would think that if this god of yours truly was omniscient and omnipresent, and wanting to be worshiped, he would have found a much more expedient and definitive way of letting humanity know about it than a book written by men who were inspired by dreams that has been subject to translation and interpretation for over 2 millenia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Russert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reissue of Russert's 'Big Russ & Me' out in May (Feb '14) Feb '14 Buck Rohde 15
News Reza Aslan's 'new' take on Jesus (Aug '13) Aug '13 woodtick57 2
News Nostalgia flows amid razing of Russert boyhood ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Liiiiifeeee Coooo... 4
News Newseum puts Tim Russert's NBC office on display (Nov '09) Jan '12 rider 4
News Brian Williams Compares Chelsea Clinton to Tim ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Mystery Man 4
News DeMint still scared of gays and functioning, un... (Oct '10) Oct '10 snyper 1
News john bachman to anchor channel 13 news through ... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Martha 1
More from around the web