New Milford dog park headed for Town Council

Jul 11, 2009 Full story: NewsTimesLive.com

Organizers of a local dog park are eager to get official approval to use land Kimberly-Clark is willing to lend them, but they are not sitting idle as they wait.

Full Story
Happy Pups

United States

#1 Jul 14, 2009
Its wonderful to see Mayor Murpy going to bat for the area pups. Fencing is really required for a viable dog park, as it keeps out the deer and rodents, which leave the ticks and subsequent lyme disease, so crippling to many dogs. The current and temporary open dog park in New Milford, is highly infested with ticks. Thirty minutes at the park, was enough for me to never go back again, after pulling 11 or 12 ticks off my dog. Please support the park and the fencing. There are no parks in the area, enabling our pooches a good run on a sunny afternoon. Signed, Willow Springs
Poochie

United States

#2 Jul 22, 2009
I'm so excited this is going to happen. I'll definitely be making a donation at the Village Fair/booth this weekend. It's kind of a pain hauling my huge pooch to Southbury (even though it's a fantastic park) but if there's no fencing my dog will be GONE. I will definitely donate $ in support of fencing!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thursday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biden stresses rising income inequality Nov '14 bruno 5
Ryuichi Sakamoto Diagnosed With Throat Cancer Jul '14 lots going on 1
Local activists call on Gowdy to push for immig... (Mar '14) Apr '14 spud 4
Willie Nelson at TPAC is a must-see concert (Feb '14) Feb '14 people waking up 1
Demi Lovato conquers Anaheim with raw power (Feb '14) Feb '14 Demi Lovato 1
'American Idol': Orlando girl dazzles judges (Jan '14) Jan '14 yolanda 2
An IRS spokesperson confirmed with 10News that ... (Feb '13) Dec '13 Uncle 8
More from around the web