'Anti-immigration feeling' decried (4...

'Anti-immigration feeling' decried (4:11 a.m.)

There are 27 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Mar 4, 2011, titled 'Anti-immigration feeling' decried (4:11 a.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

State Sen. Jose Rodriguez, D-El Paso, told a Mexican business group Thursday that the anti-immigration climate in Austin leaves new immigrants such as them at a disadvantage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Finepix

Cedar Park, TX

#22 Mar 4, 2011
Quark wrote:
I've also worried that the anti-immigration sentiment will be the cause for racial violence in our state (or in Texas), and I sincerely hope that our proximity to the border will allow resident to empathize with the plight of our southern neighbors.
Believe it or not, I actually see this as a bit of twisted progress. It seems all racial groups inevitably suffer a systematic prejudice. In U.S. history it was, of course, the Blacks, then later the Italians, then even the Irish (whose sole offense was Catholicism). The prejudicial shift to Latinos (and Mexicans in particular) will hopefully end once a surrogate immigrant group takes their place.
It's a shame that, as a country, we need a racial/cultural scapegoat to feel good about ourselves.
Dang illegal aliens come into my neighborhood and there will be a butt kicking. The illegal aliens will be calling ICE to save themselves. If the local Pig Department doesn't want to do their job, me and my neighbors will do it for them.
Brittanicus

La Quinta, CA

#23 Mar 4, 2011
If you are in this country illegally, no matter what job you are doing? There should be no legal options at all for you. Since as far as the pro-sovereignty organizations are concerned, you broke federal law. On entering this nation jurisdiction without inspection, is trespassing on the American peoples land. Coming here to do maid jobs in a private home or a commercial establishment as with a Motel makes no difference. Texas legislators that authored this law should be ashamed of themselves. Whether you’re a highly paid engineer or cleaning toilets in a school, you are an admitted criminal. Whether the US government who applied this misdemeanor provision, it still makes you a criminal. One of the best immigration laws on the books is E-Verify, if it hadn't been negatively revised by Nevada's Democratic Sen.Harry Reid was the verification application to detect foreign workers.

It's my opinion that if Congress built an underfunded border fence or just makes entry a civil infraction, it proves to me that for decades there was no objective in halting illegal labor and families crossing borders or lying to the Immigration and Customs agent at the airline terminal. People coming here for a visit, knowing full well they have other plans not to return home. To me this isn't a government breakdown to reduce or even stop the illegal alien invasion, as much more rigorous methods would have been compulsory. This would have incorporated martial troops for intervention along the border fence and if caught entering, would have faced a felony charge. This obscene deception has been happening for years and encouraged by large donation in Lobbyists campaign contributions. It seems, if we can halt the North Koreans incursion into the South, or bring to a full stop to Iraq's dictator.

Then unquestionably it wouldn't be difficult to stop the occupation of foreigners stealing jobs from average Americans, and therefore lowing income? Whether the hired person is a janitor, that job should be going to Citizens or legal residents. The Tea Party will put an end to these profit making businesses that choose to use cheap labor, and unseat the pro-amnesty lawmakers who think they are so ingrained in Washington, they are safe from angry voters. While this internal conflict is going on both border land owners and US Border patrol are being shot at or killed. Yet these unconcerned political fools we have chosen to defend us, still will not place military policing units along the long stretch of the border. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and the Leftist Czars should depart from office, as even today we have the territory near the border being off- limits to actual Americans.
Real problems

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Mar 4, 2011
US Citizen

Seattle, WA

#27 Mar 4, 2011
State Senator Jose Rodriguez does he represent America or Mexico ?
Real problems

Las Cruces, NM

#29 Mar 4, 2011
Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
You must keep in mind that journalism is a pseudo-profession that requires little intelligence. The only requirements for success are a minimum facility with the English language and a complete lack of ethics.
Case in point: Fox News

“ Divided We Fall ”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#30 Mar 4, 2011
State Sen. José Rodríguez is another fine example of an idiot who is not capable of seperating the illegal immigrants from the legal immigrants because if he could he woud have said "anti illegal immigration bills"
Maria

Fairfield, CA

#31 Mar 6, 2011
It's interesting that these business owners fled their own country because of fears of persecution from the Mexican drug cartels--but then lobby to bring the same lawless "culture" that created the cartels into the US.
I am wondering if they are intelligent enough to build a First World society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thursday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News El Paso abortion clinic may re-open soon Aug 26 huey goins 48
News Musikfest 2015: Final weekend Top 10 Aug 13 Richard Kranium 1
News U.P. chief: Employee pride matters (Sep '10) Feb '15 Jason Cogdal 2
News Biden stresses rising income inequality (Nov '14) Nov '14 bruno 5
News Ryuichi Sakamoto Diagnosed With Throat Cancer (Jul '14) Jul '14 lots going on 1
News Local activists call on Gowdy to push for immig... (Mar '14) Apr '14 spud 4
News Willie Nelson at TPAC is a must-see concert (Feb '14) Feb '14 people waking up 1
More from around the web