'Anti-immigration feeling' decried

'Anti-immigration feeling' decried

There are 118 comments on the El Paso Times story from Mar 3, 2011, titled 'Anti-immigration feeling' decried. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

State Sen. JosA© RodrA guez, D-El Paso, told a Mexican business group Thursday that the anti-immigration climate in Austin leaves new immigrants such as them at a disadvantage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
bartlebee

Henderson, NV

#105 Mar 5, 2011
bartlebee wrote:
Apparently State Sen. José Rodríguez cares more about his fellow Hispanics (the illegal aliens) than he cares about American citizens. It's time to vote him out of office.
Should say "Jose Rodriguez".
Joey

Los Angeles, CA

#106 Mar 5, 2011
Walter Mercado wrote:
Mexicans aren't even a race.
Is that why so many comments are directed specifically at people from Mexico? You can bash them nonstop without being labeled a racist is that right?

BS
EPFAN

United States

#107 Mar 5, 2011
El Paso Times is guilty of untruthful headline writing. Shame on them. Stop lying to us! We are not against immigration, just ILLEGAL immigration. This is why journalists have such poor reputations.
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

#108 Mar 5, 2011
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why so many comments are directed specifically at people from Mexico? You can bash them nonstop without being labeled a racist is that right?
BS
Of course you can bash them without being racist. The mexican government sucks and so do many mexicans. Whats racist about that?
Maybe you think its a hispanic thing? I have nothing against Spain or Portugal. And many people of mexican decent. But a huge portion a mexicans do suck.
YOU THINK PEOPLE CAN ACT LIKE TRASH THEN HIDE BEHIND THE RACE CARD? NOT ANY MORE.
Joey

Los Angeles, CA

#109 Mar 5, 2011
b4its2late wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you can bash them without being racist. The mexican government sucks and so do many mexicans. Whats racist about that?
Maybe you think its a hispanic thing? I have nothing against Spain or Portugal. And many people of mexican decent. But a huge portion a mexicans do suck.
YOU THINK PEOPLE CAN ACT LIKE TRASH THEN HIDE BEHIND THE RACE CARD? NOT ANY MORE.
You think so? I dont have any hispanic bloodlines but I resemble a typical mexican, dark short but slim with long black hair in a ponytail. Now I dont know about you but ive been called a beaner a number of times and I can imagine what it must feel for the average mexican to be singled out like that. True there are bad mexicans ive seen em but dont misjudge them all because the majority of them hop the border to avoid what mess the country is in. Im like you that wants them to come legally but it aint happening anytime soon.
Keep in mind I live in California and see what mess the state is, question of the day is what are we gonna do about it?

“Tardy For The Party ”

Since: May 10

El Paso, TX

#110 Mar 5, 2011
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
BS
Like another poster stated, a lot of their citizens suck and so does their government.

Mexicans are NOT A RACE. They're LATINOS.
seabass

Fort Myers, FL

#111 Mar 5, 2011
NO To English Only wrote:
When anglos refer to English only they only mean for Spanish speaking people and I say to you,(SCREWYOU) witht he F word, in the United States people speak Italian no problem people speak, Chinese no problem, people speak any freakin European language no problem, people speak Arabic no problem.
But when it comes to people speaking Spanish then the gringos come and cry English only again and agian F you F you, this is America and we are free to speak what we want wether you like it or not.
Go back to Europe is what most of you need to do.
FYI most of the Italians, Germans,Asian's, Chinese and everyone else speak English enough to communicate and get along. Mexican's have forced us to spend untold amounts of money to provide education, translation and expect Americans to speak Spanish. And you are free to speak what ever you want but if you want to speak Spanish conducting business then don't b i t c h if no one will deal with your ignorant butt. We have Mexican's here that have been here for 10 + years and still can't speak English.( so they say) And I have news for you, I am not going any where, I will stay and fight the invasion of you stupid people who don't get it you are not welcome as ILLEGALS. By God my family immigrated Legally and my husbands family and I expect you jokers to do it to. If I were you I would be so ashamed to keep hanging out in a Country that has made it clear you are not welcome in your present state of not wanting to be American just live in America. And even more pathetic is if all the Illegals would go home you could make a difference in what the Cartels and corruption are doing to your Country. But no you'd rather stay here and be known as cowards.
Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#112 Mar 5, 2011
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
BS
Perhaps because Mexican NATIONALS comprise almost 2/3 of the foreign criminal parasites in this country.

You ARE aware that "Mexican" is a NATIONALITY and not a RACE, aren't you?

You do understand the difference between a nationality and a race, don't you?

Your simpleminded statement makes it rather difficult to gauge your level of ignorance.
Cowboy

United States

#113 Mar 5, 2011
Becky wrote:
hIS CAMPAIGN OFFICE ADDRESS IS
911 DALLAS STREET
EL PASO, TEXAS 79902
Just who the hell is this man representing? I did not vote for him and I will make sure I let him know I will not vote for him either. I live on the west side and the illegal Mexican drivers who moved into Dona Ana County who travel into El Paso County believe they are still driving in Mexico! I applaud Governor Susana Martinez in taking a step in the right direction in preventing illegals from obtaining a drivers license. Now if only the idiot (Governor) we have in Austin would follow suit and prevent the invasion of illegal aliens into Texas!
grtwyt

Sacramento, CA

#114 Mar 6, 2011
I urge everyone out there to contact the Senator at : His Austin office, 1100 Congress Ave. Rm. E1.712, his mailing address is-P.O. Box 12068 Austin Tx. 78711, his campaign office 911 Dallas St. El Paso tx. 79902 or E-Mail him at info@senatorjoserodriguez.com. Tell him how you feel about his lying to the public with his anti immigrant speech. It's anti-ILLEGAL immigrants that are the problem.
Where is the evidence

United States

#115 Mar 6, 2011
Can Jose Rodriguez be found guilty of being an American?

Does his actions implicate him?

Does his voting record implicate him?

Is his continued presence in elected office a benefit to Texas and The United States?

Resolved,

the solution is to remove him from office;
enough rhetoric!
grtwyt

Sacramento, CA

#116 Mar 6, 2011
Don't bother with the E-Mail address, he just wants donations on that site, But spend the money on a stamp and let him know how you feel.
llih

Hesperia, CA

#117 Mar 6, 2011
The truth wrote:
Allright folks. Illegal immigrants = bad. Legal immigrants = Vital to the economy and survival for the United States. Where is their voice? Legal immigrants hate illegals just as much as anyone else. Let's get on the same page people.
Actually immigrants are not as vital to the economy as one might think. If unemployment was figured the way it used to be, the numbers would actually be close to 22%. The US allows legally 125,000 new workers each and every month. It was recently reported that the economy created 195,000 jobs in February. Do the math. Every month the legal supply of immigrant workers increases. Immigration is adding to an already over saturated, stagnate labor market.
All of those who continually support legal immigration, but not illegal immigration do no know the full impact. Numbers of people are numbers of people regardless of their status. While illegal aliens and their children are most certainly a costly problem, immigration as a whole needs to be examined.

Population growth in this country is driven by immigration. Without immigration our country's population would decrease some and then stabilize. Higher population increases the costs of social services, natural resources, energy and education. For every newly added person to our population (legal, illegal or native born) it takes 12 acres of undeveloped land to be developed. At current immigration rates the projected population is expected to be 400 million in 40 years or less.

Immigration promoters can scream we are a nation of immigrants all they want, the truth is the US today is a nation of native born. Most of the people in this country today were born here. We as a people should be able to decide on what kind of country we want to pass along to our children. A first step in that direction is determining what this country's population should be. Do we want the US to be like India and China with their associated over population problems or do we want to preserve as much as possible the way of life most of us grew up with?
Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#118 Mar 6, 2011
llih wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually immigrants are not as vital to the economy as one might think. If unemployment was figured the way it used to be, the numbers would actually be close to 22%. The US allows legally 125,000 new workers each and every month. It was recently reported that the economy created 195,000 jobs in February. Do the math. Every month the legal supply of immigrant workers increases. Immigration is adding to an already over saturated, stagnate labor market.
All of those who continually support legal immigration, but not illegal immigration do no know the full impact. Numbers of people are numbers of people regardless of their status. While illegal aliens and their children are most certainly a costly problem, immigration as a whole needs to be examined.
Population growth in this country is driven by immigration. Without immigration our country's population would decrease some and then stabilize. Higher population increases the costs of social services, natural resources, energy and education. For every newly added person to our population (legal, illegal or native born) it takes 12 acres of undeveloped land to be developed. At current immigration rates the projected population is expected to be 400 million in 40 years or less.
Immigration promoters can scream we are a nation of immigrants all they want, the truth is the US today is a nation of native born. Most of the people in this country today were born here. We as a people should be able to decide on what kind of country we want to pass along to our children. A first step in that direction is determining what this country's population should be. Do we want the US to be like India and China with their associated over population problems or do we want to preserve as much as possible the way of life most of us grew up with?
Immigrants did help us buld this country -- back when there was an apparantly inexhaustable supply of empty land and available resources available to exploit.

That situation no longer exists. If anything, this country is overpopulated.
Deporto the Great

Prague, Czech Republic

#119 Mar 6, 2011
Great rally in the capitol yesterday. First we throw out the criminals from Washington then we can throw out the criminal invaders from Mexico.
www.texasnationalist.com
nick

El Paso, TX

#120 Mar 6, 2011
most new restaurant from juarez are money laundering outlet.
Cowboy

El Paso, TX

#121 Mar 6, 2011
nick wrote:
most new restaurant from juarez are money laundering outlet.
And the car lots. There must be a half dozen along Doniphan and I have never seen anyone test drive or buy a single car!
eljerry

El Paso, TX

#122 Mar 13, 2011
Americana wrote:
<quoted text>
English is the language of England. In the U.S. many languages are spoken and the native languages are those of the Native Americans. Not everyone speaks English and they never have. Even today there are many communities where different languages are heard including Chinese, Italian, Polish, and many others as well as Spanish. The U.S. is one of the countries of the world with the most Spanish speakers. This is not your country. This is our country. You are the one who should leave.
English is the language of the U.S. pendega, if you want a job,go to school or go to a business you should speak english. Most immigrants do learn the language and adapt to the new enviroment of their new country. I am of hispanic descent and I deal with different nationalitiess and they do adapt except those from Mexico. If you want to speak spanish at home, with friends or ralatives that is your right but when I go to a store, business or at school I expect to be addressed in english. If you want to speak spanish so badly then go to Mexico see how long your country men keep you alive over there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thursday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.P. chief: Employee pride matters (Sep '10) Feb '15 Jason Cogdal 2
News Biden stresses rising income inequality (Nov '14) Nov '14 bruno 5
News Ryuichi Sakamoto Diagnosed With Throat Cancer (Jul '14) Jul '14 lots going on 1
News Local activists call on Gowdy to push for immig... (Mar '14) Apr '14 spud 4
News Willie Nelson at TPAC is a must-see concert (Feb '14) Feb '14 people waking up 1
News Demi Lovato conquers Anaheim with raw power (Feb '14) Feb '14 Demi Lovato 1
News 'American Idol': Orlando girl dazzles judges (Jan '14) Jan '14 yolanda 2
More from around the web