'Anti-immigration feeling' decried

Full story: El Paso Times

State Sen. JosA© RodrA guez, D-El Paso, told a Mexican business group Thursday that the anti-immigration climate in Austin leaves new immigrants such as them at a disadvantage.
Comments
1 - 20 of 118 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2011
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Exactly

United States

#1 Mar 4, 2011
You lost, got over it.

The invasion, not immigration, is unacceptable.

ENGLISH is the language of the United States, you forgot to melt...

We RESENT not fear the invaders, wise up, melt in or get out.
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 4, 2011
Awww, the poor babies! The underhanded, subversion by breeding tactics are being noticed and a halt is being put to it. Looks like "taking back what was stolen" ain't gonna happen after all..
SCREWMEX

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 4, 2011
I just threw up... can't read this crap anymore!!!

My first question to these people born in El Paso (Thomason por free) and lived in Juarez (collecting welfare from the U.S.) is "what do you say when you cross the bridge"??? Is that the only time yoou claim to be "AMERICAN"?

And, the one gentlemen in the meeting spoke SPANISH.... this is AMERICA, like it or leave it and we speak ENGLISH in this COUNTRY. If you want to be in this great country YOU need to adapt. And if you cannot do so and this coountry is that bad then get the "F" out!!!

Unfortunatly there are many people who feel sympathetic for these "ILLEGAL HISPANICS". Truth is they come here to FREELOAD and STEAL what they can with no intentions of making a better life "LEGITIMATLY".

Once WET, always WET!!! Come to my country legally and stay out of the river!
crazysara

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Mar 4, 2011
If you don't like the way things are done, go back to Juarez where you can cheat everyone to line your pockets. English is spoken in America and if you don't like too bad. Mr. Rodriguez had to speak in Spanish because these so called business men, you notice they all had a loophole to get into the United States, can't speak English. As long as they could live cheaper in Mexico that is what they did. They honor neither country when it gets tough in one they flee to the other. Losers.
NO To English Only

El Paso, TX

#5 Mar 4, 2011
When anglos refer to English only they only mean for Spanish speaking people and I say to you,(SCREWYOU) witht he F word, in the United States people speak Italian no problem people speak, Chinese no problem, people speak any freakin European language no problem, people speak Arabic no problem.
But when it comes to people speaking Spanish then the gringos come and cry English only again and agian F you F you, this is America and we are free to speak what we want wether you like it or not.
Go back to Europe is what most of you need to do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NO To English Only

El Paso, TX

#6 Mar 4, 2011
The biggest THEIVES in the UNited States has always been and always will be the Anglos even till this very day you just cant trust these people, theivery is a way of life for them, but the throw stones out of their glass houses.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mexus

El Paso, TX

#8 Mar 4, 2011
Raise your hands those that your ansestors were born in America, I thought so! America by nature is an immigrant country! Get over it the Hispanics are here to stay! Spanish is the second language spoken worldwide. Baseball world series.... Jajajajajaja. Soccer is the ONLY REAL World Cup! Viva Espaņa y Viva La Virgen de Guadalupe. God Bless America.
HeStillDoesntGet It

El Paso, TX

#9 Mar 4, 2011
Legal immigration is welcome. Illegal immigration is not. Do it the right way. For many of those Jose was addressing, they did it the right way. They are here LEGALLY. Stop advocating for illegal immigration Jose!! You are supposed to uphold the laws; not pander to your foreign friends.
SCREWMEX

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 4, 2011
NO To English Only wrote:
The biggest THEIVES in the UNited States has always been and always will be the Anglos even till this very day you just cant trust these people, theivery is a way of life for them, but the throw stones out of their glass houses.
So move to MESSICO were you belong and where there are no thieves you stupid "F-ing" beaner!!!
SCREWMEX

Chicago, IL

#12 Mar 4, 2011
NO To English Only wrote:
When anglos refer to English only they only mean for Spanish speaking people and I say to you,(SCREWYOU) witht he F word, in the United States people speak Italian no problem people speak, Chinese no problem, people speak any freakin European language no problem, people speak Arabic no problem.
But when it comes to people speaking Spanish then the gringos come and cry English only again and agian F you F you, this is America and we are free to speak what we want wether you like it or not.
Go back to Europe is what most of you need to do.
and NO, ESTUPIDO, that means everyone!!! Chinese, Russian, German, etc ......... and YES MEXICANS are included. So F yuo you ignorant F'ING MEXICAN go back to MESSICO where ju belongs!!!
Concerned

El Paso, TX

#13 Mar 4, 2011
Invasion is correct, turn the tables on this. What would it be called if millions of US citizens crossed the border into Mexico to take advantage of Mexican citizens?

If you want to legally emigrate from Mexico, Germany, Russia, Iran, or any other country and become a taxpaying productive citizen of the United States I will welcome you with open arms.

If you sneak across the border illegally to become a leach on the honest citizens of the United States you are a criminal and deserve to be treated as a criminal.
Bill Travis

El Paso, TX

#14 Mar 4, 2011
Fellow citizens and compatriots;
I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna. I have sustained a continual Bombardment and cannonade for 24 hours and have not lost a man. The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken. I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, and our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender or retreat. Then, I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid, with all dispatch. The enemy is receiving reinforcements daily and will no doubt increase to three or four thousand in four or five days. If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible and die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country. Victory or Death.
William Barret Travis
Lt. Col. Comdt.
P.S. The Lord is on our side. When the enemy appeared in sight we had not three bushels of corn. We have since found in deserted houses 80 or 90 bushels and got into the walls 20 or 30 head of Beeves.
Travis
Sheilango

El Paso, TX

#15 Mar 4, 2011
you all say mexican like its the black plague or some contagious desease
SnB

El Paso, TX

#16 Mar 4, 2011
The entire issue here, which by the way seems to get murky and overlooked, is ILLEGAL immigration. ILLEGAL immigration is what needs to be stopped. So when a bill is passed penalizing employers who hire undocumented workers, I say hoooah! Everyone who signs the guest book at the front entrance is welcome here. It still boggles the mind that people dont't seem to grasp this concept.
grtwyt

United States

#17 Mar 4, 2011
Will someone tell the Senator that it is not "anti-immigrant legislation", it's anti-ILLEGAL immigrant legislation, he is just blowing smoke up the illegals @ss and trying to divide the people of Texas. You're one and done Senator, enjoy the perks now
Becky

El Paso, TX

#18 Mar 4, 2011
Jose Rodriguez was elected by "Real" Texans not illegals or citizen want to be's. He needs to realize this and vote the way the people of EL Paso want him to. He is for the people of the U.S. not the mexicans here invading us. Vote him out next election!!
New City

El Paso, TX

#19 Mar 4, 2011
Just rename El Paso the "New Juarez."

Be thankful his wife never became mayor.
Becky

El Paso, TX

#21 Mar 4, 2011
hIS CAMPAIGN OFFICE ADDRESS IS
911 DALLAS STREET
EL PASO, TEXAS 79902
Gina

El Paso, TX

#22 Mar 4, 2011
Jose Rodriguez needs to direct his attention to the needs of the citizens of El Paso. He is not there for illegal immigration laws...does he have that much time on his hands that he truly loves all the attention the media gives him on this matter. I'm ashamed of his behavior and I hope he directs his attention to the citizens of El Paso.
NoWayJose

El Paso, TX

#23 Mar 4, 2011
Isn't this dude supposed be in Austin right now instead of having a free lunch in El paso?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thursday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryuichi Sakamoto Diagnosed With Throat Cancer Jul '14 lots going on 1
Local activists call on Gowdy to push for immig... Apr '14 spud 4
Willie Nelson at TPAC is a must-see concert (Feb '14) Feb '14 people waking up 1
Demi Lovato conquers Anaheim with raw power (Feb '14) Feb '14 Demi Lovato 1
'American Idol': Orlando girl dazzles judges (Jan '14) Jan '14 yolanda 2
An IRS spokesperson confirmed with 10News that ... (Feb '13) Dec '13 Uncle 8
Kelly Clarkson hits a fashion low note in unfla... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Faloola Chong 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Thursday People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••